Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swapping out glock parts

dover0020

I have a Glock 35 is their a way I can buy a few parts and shoot 9mm ammo out of it?

I am trying to avoid buying a Glock 34 although I'm not opposed to more guns I just don't have the extra money lying around. My hope is to have one gun that I can switch slides on and shoot 9mm in IDPA and .40 in USPSA.

Thanks for the help.

I don't know for sure. But I do know you can find glocks pretty cheap if you look araound. If you end up doing a conversion then you might end up coming close to a new or a good used G17. Also, at least in USPSA I don't think guns are legal if you start switching slides/frames. Don't know about IDPA.

I have a Glock 35 is their a way I can buy a few parts and shoot 9mm ammo out of it?

I am trying to avoid buying a Glock 34 although I'm not opposed to more guns I just don't have the extra money lying around. My hope is to have one gun that I can switch slides on and shoot 9mm in IDPA and .40 in USPSA.

Thanks for the help.

If its is legal in IDPA you may be able to accomplish that with a .40-9 conversion barrel. You would need to swap in the 9mm extractor and ejector and you will need G-17 mags.

you will need:

1) .40 S&W to 9mm conversion barrel (try KKM, Lone Wolf distribution, or Barsto)

2) a 9mm ejector (you can buy the 9mm ejector housing from Glockmeister, Lone Wolf Distribution, Top Glock, or other Glock parts suppliers)

3) a couple of 9mm magazines (again...any Glock parts supplier).

That should do ya. It's a good way to shoot less expensive 9mm ammo (if you don't reload), however bear in mind that you will not be able to compete with a .40 converted to a 9mm except in Limited Division (I believe) and even then you'll be scored minor.

Alternative would be to pick up a good used G34 and use that. Once you move to the stouter .40 S&W for competition you can always sell the G34 or use it for shooting steel.

Z-

Hello: I have played with the conversions 40 to 9mm and they work well. I used the stock 40 ejector and also the 9mm ejector--both worked fine. You will need 9mm mags. For IDPA you will have to shoot ESP with the 9mm conversion. Shoot the 40 for Limited. So now lets add it all up barrel, 3 mags, ejector, adjustable rear sight, that should be about $275 or so with shipping? Find a used Glock 17 with 3 mags for $400 locally since the new model is coming out soon. I would get the G17 for IDPA. I have done the 40 minor as well for Production and IDPA SSP. The G34 is more accurate at 131PF than the 40 ever was. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions I'll try to answer them. Thanks, Eric

Some Glocks work fine with just a conversion barrel and 9mm magazines but others May need a 9mm ejector and or a 9mm extractor to run 100%. I would change the barrel, magazines and trigger housing to 9mm first and the extractor if needed.

Lone Wolf has a conversion barrel for a G35. You would need it and mags. If this is for practice then the extractor is optional as the G35 one will generally work.

As to using this in competition, you would have to carefully check as many competitions don't allow FrankenGlocks.

Lone Wolf has a conversion barrel for a G35. You would need it and mags. If this is for practice then the extractor is optional as the G35 one will generally work.

As to using this in competition, you would have to carefully check as many competitions don't allow FrankenGlocks.

Graham is correct. Mine in the G22s and G35s works 100%. However, IDPA does not allow this conversion however.