Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone ever see or run an "Open" Shadow or SP-01?

DWFAN

So if the currency conversion is correct then this is somewhere around $4000.00 to $5000.00 dollars!!!! WOW!!!!

According to Yahoo finance: $5086.67

eta: 25% of that price may be VAT. :surprise:

I wasn't real sure what country.....I thought it was Scandinavian, but not sure which one.....What country was it listed under?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the currency conversion is correct then this is somewhere around $4000.00 to $5000.00 dollars!!!! WOW!!!!

What is VAT?

As much as I love my CZs and want to add more, for 4-5k I could get an STI from a top-flight gunsmith. Factor in the fact that in the event i have problems, the depth and bredth of the 2011 knowledge base in my area would make it easier to fix. If it was 3k or less out of the custom shop I could see myself thinking twice about it.

I wasn't real sure what country.....I thought it was Scandinavian, but not sure which one.....What country was it listed under?

Norway. For those wondering about the horrors of VAT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_added_tax

Maybe it's better to compare the pricing with that of the Kadet kit or the Shadow.

In that case it's priced at about 3.5 times the price of a Shadow, which makes me happy ;-)

Edited by pevadijk

Yup, the picture is from a Norwegian dealer (in fact, it's one of the very few pictures available on the net).

I guess after IWA there will be more of them, as CZUB seems to be releasing the Czechmate there.

As for the price in Norway, most things including guns are expensive. A stock STI Edge costs about $3000.

The Czechmate is announced to be 2.5x as expensive as the CZ75 TS, Not too bad considering the optics, 3 barrels, comp, front sight thingy and 4 mags.

(At least that's in Norway. I have no clue how much it will cost elsewhere, but my guesstimation is that it will be similarly priced)

--Erik

(previously just a lurker)

The Czechmate is announced to be 2.5x as expensive as the CZ75 TS, Not too bad considering the optics, 3 barrels, comp, front sight thingy and 4 mags.

If it does show up stateside at that "2.5x" price point, it would be $2750~$3000.

Which would be great: instant Open - just add belt rig!

Edited by Walküre

• 3 weeks later...

I run CZ Open, just reveiced back from smith. new comp/slide.

Temperature Tuesday morning -20C

Fun looking gun to shoot. I hope the weather up your way is a little warmer in say about nine weeks because I am headed to Helsinki for a bit (as part of a cruise). LOL

Joe W.

Just found +4 cz75 basepad. Correct me if I'm wrong.

that means 26rd becomes 30rd without playing around with

followers.

http://czcustom.com/cz75-extended_base_pad_long.aspx

Two things:

- That's for normal 75 magazines; the TS has a larger frame and uses different magazines. It wouldn't fit the new 26 rounder with the Czechmate.

- The Czechmate mag is likely already 170mm, so you wouldn't be able to add an extended basepad and remain at a legal length.

The extension you are referencing will bring a SP-01 mag up to 23 rounds and still be < 170mm. (Or one can use it on a standard 75B mag and get a 140mm with 20 rounds.)

Just found +4 cz75 basepad. Correct me if I'm wrong.

that means 26rd becomes 30rd without playing around with

followers.

http://czcustom.com/cz75-extended_base_pad_long.aspx

Two things:

- That's for normal 75 magazines; the TS has a larger frame and uses different magazines. It wouldn't fit the new 26 rounder with the Czechmate.

- The Czechmate mag is likely already 170mm, so you wouldn't be able to add an extended basepad and remain at a legal length.

The extension you are referencing will bring a SP-01 mag up to 23 rounds and still be < 170mm. (Or one can use it on a standard 75B mag and get a 140mm with 20 rounds.)

Yes I was refering to Cz75 like the spo1, Cz75, small frame Tanfoglio.

and this dont include playing with the followers!

standard 19rd will then go to 23rd with the +4 base pad then put in Grams

follower that he made for Henning!! wow, that would be a good 140mm at least 25rds!

not to mention what you can do for the 26rd? I think 26+4(basepad) go 30rd plus

grams followers.

Well I just picked up a CZ 75 Champion in 40 S&W, and wanted to make it into a cheaper Open gun. The problem I am running into is the magazines that came with it are longer than the 170mm requirements. My question is what magazines/extensions do I use to get the most capacity and still be under the 170mm?

Bass

Well I just picked up a CZ 75 Champion in 40 S&W, and wanted to make it into a cheaper Open gun. The problem I am running into is the magazines that came with it are longer than the 170mm requirements. My question is what magazines/extensions do I use to get the most capacity and still be under the 170mm?

Bass

Look in the Open forum. I posted a link that Stuart (eerw) made where he trimmed and converted the factory mag so that it would hold 29+1. In 40 you might get 18 and you will have to run all big sticks to be competitive at all. I have thought of getting the Champion in 40 and then have a 9mm barrel fitted with the 40 comp. I know where there is a brand new Champion.

Bass

Look in the Open forum. I posted a link that Stuart (eerw) made where he trimmed and converted the factory mag so that it would hold 29+1. In 40 you might get 18 and you will have to run all big sticks to be competitive at all. I have thought of getting the Champion in 40 and then have a 9mm barrel fitted with the 40 comp. I know where there is a brand new Champion.

Myself and my boss have inquired as to whether or not CZ-USA has 9mm barrels in stock at the moment. We would actually like to have the choice to run either 40 or 9mm. I think we can get them. It also helps that our shop has a pretty good relationship with CZ-USA being in the same city and all.

Bass

Bass

Myself and my boss have inquired as to whether or not CZ-USA has 9mm barrels in stock at the moment. We would actually like to have the choice to run either 40 or 9mm. I think we can get them. It also helps that our shop has a pretty good relationship with CZ-USA being in the same city and all.

Bass

EFK Firedragon has barrels.

• 2 weeks later...

А Open Shadow pic...........

that is really nicely done.

did you build it?

any chance photos of the gun apart, barrel/comp, slide assembly.

how much of the front of the slide was milled off?

mags? what were the bigsticks made from?

thanks very much