Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does this seem like a perfectly good waste of 9mm brass?

Chills1994

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have just as easily sold the 9mm brass somewhere and then used that money to buy for real commerically available .40 S and W bullets...or at least buy a .40 cal mould to start casting his own .40 pro-jo's...

What say you?

Yeppers...that is exactly what he is doing. He is taking a cast 9mm boolit, which I think weighs 125 grains, and then stuffing it upside down into a 9mm case, and then running both up into a swaging die/press to make a .40 cal pro-jo.

:wacko:

What say you?

Yeeeaah, not so much :wacko:

I seriously doubt his "and good shooting too" part since no part of a 9mm case is larger than .392"....well undersized. I wonder where he's getting data for when loading that combo? I shudder to think that people like this are shooting crazy combinations at public ranges with other folks around.

Since he's a sniper (yeah, right), I wonder if he picked up this tidbit off Police Ninja magazine....

Unless, in swaging them the whole 9mm case gets fatter.

Meh... :mellow:

Could be....I still can't imagine you'd get a good seal between the brass case and the bore. Still, the work involved makes me wonder if this guy has waaaay too much time on his hands! R,

I would be curious to see what the expansion looks like on this thing. I would expect that the reason for making this bullet would have to do with what it does to a human target or maybe one protected by a vest.. Sometimes there are darker reasons behind being creative. After all, he is a Sniper :)

I gotta say, knowing how to make your own bullets if you need to in a pinch, can't be a bad thing.

At least it got us thinking......how many of us discard our .22 brass when they could be made into rifle bullets with a Corbin swager kit.....LOL I know, getting a second mortgage to buy it is another thread..... :wacko:

DougC