Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championships and 3 Gun Nation affiliation

Albert, the buckshot discussion is related to the MGM spinner. I'm thinking of hi-brass #4 or #6 instead of buck. But, I've never shot one of those targets, so I'll let you know after that stage how it works out! :)

See you in a week!

Just put in your turkey choke and shoot turkey loads that stage. :rolleyes:

Craig

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albert, the buckshot discussion is related to the MGM spinner. I'm thinking of hi-brass #4 or #6 instead of buck. But, I've never shot one of those targets, so I'll let you know after that stage how it works out! :)

See you in a week!

That makes sense. Ugggh spinners, you know they were made by the devil. Nothing is more painful than waiting on that thing to rotate while the clock is running. The minimuim I would shoot it with is high brass #4.

Edited by ap3

For us beginers what are the plate sizes? how far apart are they?

I think I've figured out how it's supposed to be shot :surprise: , just trying to get an idea of the size

The plates are the size of my granddaughters playhouse teacup saucers, or a saltine cracker... it least they seem that small :P

I think I've figured out how it's supposed to be shot :surprise: , just trying to get an idea of the size

The plates are the size of my granddaughters playhouse teacup saucers, or a saltine cracker... it least they seem that small :P

They're only that big for the 300 yd targets :surprise:

Edited by Mattog22

They seem big (4"?) until you spin them 90° then then its like splitting a palying card in half the long ways. They kicked my but last year. I shot the heck out of those tiny little SOB's at the FNH match so maybe you guys were right last year in that I sucked and wasn't shooting then properly. i.e. in the middle :blink:

Edited by jtischauser

Jesse, thanks for putting the stage descriptions up, you are the man!

For those of you not from the area, I want to share little local knowledge on restaurants...There is a little known spot on A road called "Willows" that serves fantastic homestyle food and is a great sports bar (you will pass it on the right as you head to the match). This has almost become a weekly spot for my family. Accross from the MH (match hotel) is J Bruners, one of the best steak houses in the area. City Grill/ Blue Room is respectable and has a nightclub (W of MH). Chicago Brothers serves the best pizza in town and is a couple miles West of the match hotel one block West on KK. For those that need their morning jo or Latte (Jesse) there is a Panera bread accross the bridge from the MH.

Off water bars: Check out Pickled Petes just W of MH

On water bars/Rest: (You really should try these!) My favorite is Shorty Pants 54 to KK to 3 seasons road (fantastic cajun). Dog days is accross 54 from the MH and is owned by the Barrets who also own Shorty Pants. This is a local legend as is the Topsider on the other side of the cove. Food at Dog Days is EXCELLENT.

Backwater Jacks and the Toad are still popular for those who want to tempt the longer drive.

See you next week!

For those of you not from the area, I want to share little local knowledge on restaurants...There is a little known spot on A road called "Willows" that serves fantastic homestyle food and is a great sports bar (you will pass it on the right as you head to the match). This has almost become a weekly spot for my family. Accross from the MH (match hotel) is J Bruners, one of the best steak houses in the area. City Grill/ Blue Room is respectable and has a nightclub (W of MH). Chicago Brothers serves the best pizza in town and is a couple miles West of the match hotel one block West on KK. For those that need their morning jo or Latte (Jesse) there is a Panera bread accross the bridge from the MH.

On water bars/Rest: (You really should try these!) My favorite is Shorty Pants 54 to KK to 3 seasons road (fantastic cajun). Dog days is accross 54 from the MH and is owned by the Barrets who also own Shorty Pants. This is a local legend as is the Topsider on the other side of the cove. Food at Dog Days is EXCELLENT.

Backwater Jacks and the Toad are still popular for those who want to tempt the longer drive.

See you next week!

Where do you guys keep the moonshine?

Any lengthy pistol shots? Like 30+ yards?

we cant give it all away! where's your sense of adventure?

It would help us with our "7 P's"...Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

But I guess its better for me to have some surprises. That way, I'll have somewhat of an excuse in hand. ;)

I can plan with the best of them......its just the execution that gets me............every time!

See you next week!

Agree, Dog Days is lots of fun and good food... Shorty pants sounds like a place that might be worth visiting if it's warm outside :cheers: Is Dock Knockers still around?

Any lengthy pistol shots? Like 30+ yards?

we cant give it all away! where's your sense of adventure?

It would help us with our "7 P's"...Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

But I guess its better for me to have some surprises. That way, I'll have somewhat of an excuse in hand. ;)

I can plan with the best of them......its just the execution that gets me............every time!

I do plan very well, having a solid Plan A with a backup Plan B before the start signal.

But when I hear the beep or when I have to take an extra shot or two, I almost always go direct to Plan Crap.

Agree, Dog Days is lots of fun and good food... Shorty pants sounds like a place that might be worth visiting if it's warm outside :cheers: Is Dock Knockers still around?

Yes, but much further from the MH this year. We have been having a lively debate here at the Lake this summer about the perception of police targeting the last call crowd. More to the point, the police are targeting the last call crowd and the bar owners are screaming foul in unison. Fun stuff!

From earlier posts, it seemed like ROs shot on Friday and competitors shot on Saturday and Sunday. From a recent Facebook post, it looks like competitors shoot Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Straighten me out, please.

Looking forward to the match and hopefully some cooler weather than we are having in Florida.

From earlier posts, it seemed like ROs shot on Friday and competitors shot on Saturday and Sunday. From a recent Facebook post, it looks like competitors shoot Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Straighten me out, please.

Looking forward to the match and hopefully some cooler weather than we are having in Florida.

Cheryl, Fri/Sat/Sun is correct.

-Damon

FYI, a lot of people have been concerned with finding the range. If you turn on RT A from 54 you will go exactly 3 miles to Circle Z on the left. There will be banners. RT A is 7.10 miles from the match hotel on 54W. Hope this helps. Its easy to find.

Villamor,

This is on the facebook page.

Registration will be at the Host Hotel Wed evening 6-8 and at the range Thurs 12-5. Thurs evening at Host Hotel 6:30-8:00. Look forward to seeing you all there.

If you go to page 14 there is a link to the facebook page. Otherwise I think you need an account to access it. Is it just two of you from your department for this match? I'm going solo this time.

Edited by assaulter