Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas State Carbine Championship

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll volunteer (again) to set up the semi-official Saturday Night Pre-Match Dinner. The first two years we ate at the Longhorn Steakhouse Restaurant at 4535 S. Padre Island Drive, in Corpus Christi. Both times, the seating worked out well, the food was good and reasonably priced, and we drew a good BEnos crowd (25-30 hungry shooters). Unless there is a groundswell of opposition, we'll hold the Pre-Match Dinner again at the Longhorn Steakhouse.

Does 1900 (7:00PM) on Saturday work for everyone? Want to accomodate folks traveling in that day, so later may be better. Please post and let me know if you're coming so I can get a good headcount for the Restaurant.

Gents,

Please either post here or send me a PM if you can make the Pre-Match Dinner - three folks signed up so far, but it's still relatively early:

Fullauto_shooter

Brazos

JRW

We had a blast last year - Benny H, Kurt M, Larry W, Kevin J, the Blackwell boys, Shane G, Lee M, Jim M and most of the other regular multi-gun suspects were there. Hoping for a good turnout again this year - please join us.

Doug

All right; which of you OK guys have got some vehicle room? Jesse; put your foot down and be a man. drive down.

I wish I could! We are working 7 days a week right now. So I'd be a big slacker if I took 3 days off. I still haven't even found flights that will work. I'm starting to get depressed as all the good shoots are in the spring.

I need a private plane!

Edited by jtischauser

Just a reminder that Monday, February 1st is the early sign-up deadline for the Texas State Carbine Championship which will entitle you to a free T-shirt. This is going to be a great match with challenging courses of fire and an exceptional prize table that will include products from Surefire, LaRue Tactical, DPMS, and Rock River with a total retail value of $5,000. For specific product and match details, visit our website.

Doug, count me in for dinner saturday night.

What is the allowed method of carry for my rifle? I dont have a cart or anything so I'll be humping all my gear on my back but does the rifle have to be cased or will a sling suffice? Thanks

Just a reminder that Monday, February 1st is the early sign-up deadline for the Texas State Carbine Championship which will entitle you to a free T-shirt. This is going to be a great match with challenging courses of fire and an exceptional prize table that will include products from Surefire, LaRue Tactical, DPMS, and Rock River with a total retail value of $5,000. For specific product and match details, visit our website.

I just booked my hotel and flights! I forgot my damn checkbook today but I will mail the application and a check tomorrow. So save me a XXL T-Shirt please.

Doug,

I get into Corpus at 6:30 so save me a spot at the dinner please.

Ok, put my application in the mail with the check. Should be there in time for Tee Shirt.

Real Carbine.

A friend of mine from El Paso, TX had two questions:

1. Are full auto rifles allowed?

2. Supressor allowed?

He is a Dr so lots of toys, and they are legal. He is coming if he can switch his on call. The last match I shot with him he showed up with a Thompson, which would be pistol caliber class.

Ok, put my application in the mail with the check. Should be there in time for Tee Shirt.

Real Carbine.

A friend of mine from El Paso, TX had two questions:

1. Are full auto rifles allowed?

2. Supressor allowed?

He is a Dr so lots of toys, and they are legal. He is coming if he can switch his on call. The last match I shot with him he showed up with a Thompson, which would be pistol caliber class.

Somebody was running a supressor last year...got a reshoot on the stage I saw when the timer never picked up his last shot :devil:

Curtis

Semi auto fire only, you can use the select fire rifle, semi auto only. No suppresiors, the timers will not pick up shots at times. This is per MD 5 mins ago.-----------Larry on Bennys PC

Edited by benny hill

Full Auto?.......in my best Bandito voice.... "We Don't Neeeed no STinnking ,,,FullAuto"

Hey Alamo - STEADY NOW!! :sight:

For the record, I'm not the guy with the fullauto toys (well, not the guy Ron is talking about anyway). :roflol:

Latest pre-match dinner signup list:

Fullauto_Shooter

Brazos

JRW

Navysteve

murkish

bigbrowndog x 2

mlmiller1

Sean.McCanne

mike_pinto

ken hebert

Sharpe