Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Single Stack Nationals

This is my first nationals. Just hope the weather holds and I don't blow too many stages.

The hotel guy told me BHO is speaking around 4 or 5pm Wednesday on the opposite end of town from the match hotel, so there shouldn't be any traffic issues getting to the hotel.

That's good news. When he was in my town it was like the whole town was locked down. When Bush came through it was nothing like that.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air Force One is scheduled to depart Quincy Airport at 5:15pm on Wednesday.

Airport is straight out Broadway to the East, East of the 172 interchange.

Evidently the President is not going to go by PASA to check out the stages.

Maybe AF1 will swing low so he can get a look.

I have thought of at least a dozen pithy comments or jokes to make, and not a damned one is appropriate for this thread!

On topic question: Is there a SS box in S&W Hall, or is the only box in the chrono tent? I'm shooting Friday, but will arrive Thurs, and would love to double check my basepads to be sure I fit the box.

Edited by bbbean

On topic question: Is there a SS box in S&W Hall, or is the only box in the chrono tent? I'm shooting Friday, but will arrive Thurs, and would love to double check my basepads to be sure I fit the box.

Last year I brought my bag over to the chrono tent on Thurs and they checked it for me. I hung out until they weren't busy with a squad and they were happy to box and weigh my pistol.

Edited by bofe954

Last year I brought my bag over to the chrono tent on Thurs and they checked it for me. I hung out until they weren't busy with a squad and they were happy to box and weigh my pistol.

Like he said.

Russell

I just re-read this post. It is official, I am an idiot. But I at least now know what is going on. Sorry about my ignorance.

What page did you see that on cause all I saw was # Registration for Thursday/Friday AM will be at the match hotel, from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM.

# Registration for Friday PM/Saturday will be at PASA in Smith & Wesson Hall from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM. That would mean that half the shooters for the match would not be entitled to the sponsor gifts. meaning if you are scheduled to shoot Friday afternoon and all day Saturday you have to show up in Quincy on Wednesday and register between 4pm and 7pm then stay over two nights just to get the gift before you even fire a shot. And I don't think paying for two nights in a hotel room is worth it for the stuff. That just does not sound correct or fair if that is the case.

Thursday Friday shooters must be at the Holiday Inn Wedensday. Friday Saturday shooters at the range Friday and yes you will get your gift if you register at the correct place and time. You will not get your gift if you are shooting Thursday and show up at the range Thursday morning to register. Simple isn't it.

Daily results are up on the USPSA web site. All the Thursday - Friday shooters completed the match on Thursday.

What is the chance that Friday will be scrubed and all stages shot of Sat. due to the weather??

Apparently that changed this year. I was told that I could check

my gun, but I'd be put in open if it didn't fit- even though I wasn't signed in yet and wasn't scheduled to shoot until the next day.

Translation- if your basepads put you in "maybe" territory, there is no way to check and correct before the match. Frustrating.

my gun, but I'd be put in open if it didn't fit- even though I wasn't signed in yet and wasn't scheduled to shoot until the next day.

Translation- if your basepads put you in "maybe" territory, there is no way to check and correct before the match. Frustrating.

Barry,

I hadn't ever checked my gun in a box and didn't really want to spend the time to make a box. So, in order to get an idea if it would fit or not I just drew a rectangle on a piece of cardboard (to the correct dimensions) then laid my gun down on the cardboard and looked down on it to see if I could see the square all around the gun. Then I used a ruler to see if the height was ok. Simple.

D

Barry,

I hadn't ever checked my gun in a box and didn't really want to spend the time to make a box. So, in order to get an idea if it would fit or not I just drew a rectangle on a piece of cardboard (to the correct dimensions) then laid my gun down on the cardboard and looked down on it to see if I could see the square all around the gun. Then I used a ruler to see if the height was ok. Simple.

D

That's what I did last year and I could see space between the gun and the line so I knew I was ok. But with my new gun and the basepads I'd like to use, I'm right on the line. I need an actual box to confirm. So I'm going to play it safe and use my 2nd choice base pads. Frustrating.

Btw looks like you're In the top 30 for today. Nice shooting.

It will be intersting to see what shooting method wins Stage 9 "Bills Thrills". It looks like all of the Thursday shooters chose to shoot both disappearing targets with all of the shots. This took them a little over 8 seconds giving the current stage leader a HF of 8.1. If you only shot the popper on one side then blew off the DT then engaged the other side with all six shots on paper this would give you a HF of 10 if done in 4 seconds. Without a reload the top guys could probably shoot it this way in 3.5 seconds or less giving them a HF of 11.4. To get a HF of 11.5 or better shooting both DT's you would have to it in 6 or less seconds. I don't see this happening if the current stage leader is shooting it in over 8 seconds.

As I said before, it will be interesting to see how the big boys shoot this stage for the top HF :sight: