Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Attacked after the match

ima45dv8

After yesterday's Single Stack Showdown at EAGC, I sat facing the door at the Mexican restaurant as ususal. It's good to be able to see any 'interesting' characters who might come in and have time to prepare a response if needed. That time-honored tactic didn't work at all.

While we were eating, without warning I hear a commotion behind me. When I tried to turn and see what it was, someone pulled something down over my head and I could feel multiple hands on me. I tried to turn but couldn't. When I put my left hand up to remove the visual obstruction, it got pushed back down. I tried to turn my head but they blocked that, too. I tried to rise but they were holding me down. Anxiety was building quickly. In total disbelief I began to realize I was in the process of being jumped by a gang of crazies.

I switched full-on, broke through the restraining hands, stood up and spun around expecting to have to meet violence with violence. And there I stood, face to face, with about 14 waiters trying to sing "Happy Birthday" to me in Spanish, one holding a freakin' enormous sombrero they had been trying to jam down on my head, all looking shocked at my reaction and some looking down right scared. That's when it dawned on me that I was a victim....of a joke!

It turns out that somebody slipped away from our meal and told these nice gentlemen that it was my 'special day', and would they please be kind enough to surprise me with best wishes for many happy returns.

I owe you one, dude.

:devil:

I've met most of your friends. While I am sure embarrassing you played a part in the plans, the real motive, no doubt, was the thought of free cake.

:roflol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

OK. since I was within arms reach of Mark R during his "Assault" and valiant battle, I will tell the real story.

When it all started (yes I was surprised, and I did not start it), They were already singing Happy Birthday. Mark was not fending them off, so much as it looked like a slap fight over the last Shirley Temple at a gay bar. In the end, it ended because Mark finally stood up, and was at least 3 ft taller than the biggest guy trying to give him cake and ice cream. The sombrero was to cut the glare off his head from the candles on the cake - other people behind him were watching the Logger championship on ESPN on the TV on the other wall.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

P.S. If they had been bringing him another Margarita, he would have claimed the false birthday.

Edited by Mark K

OK, time for the REST of the story...

So Susan and I were first to get there and it was just us and IMA45DV8, then Boz joined. As we were enjoying chips and chatting, Mark was telling a story about being there for his birthday and enjoying some adult beverages, privately celebrating without telling everyone. Immediately I thought we had to do something to right this injustice of the man celebrating alone back in July. So I slipped over and told the waiter it was his Birthday. Let me tell you, when they come up and slung that sombrero on his head and started singing, it was like releasing a Tasmanian Devil or something. You should have seen all those poor little Mexicans cower as he stood up slapping hands. I agree with Mark K, it looked like a gay hand slapping fight, but they got the point. It's a good thing he wasn't packing!!!