Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

This year, the HDC will also be the New Mexico Section Championship! The section rotates around clubs in the section; it's back to us for 2010.

cyathere

I'll be there again with all those folks from AZ. A great match we don't want to miss.............Pete

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ignorance but what is the difference between the match being a "State" match verses a "Section" match? What changes in the match other than its implied "Magnitude of importance”?

I am not trying to bash this match or put it down in any way. I am just trying to understand what the difference is? Wouldn’t it still be considered a Level II match if it was a State or Section level match?

Forgive my ignorance but what is the difference between the match being a "State" match verses a "Section" match? What changes in the match other than its implied "Magnitude of importance”?

I am not trying to bash this match or put it down in any way. I am just trying to understand what the difference is? Wouldn’t it still be considered a Level II match if it was a State or Section level match?

Good question. More experienced folk out there then me and I'm sure we will have the answer before long.

There are some Sections that have more than one state in them. I know that VA/MD is one Section. So, you could have a Section championship as well as a state championship for both MD and VA in that case. R,

Sorry if I created any confusion. The High Desert Classic at Albuquerque is a Level 2 match. The New Mexico Section Championship is also a Level 2 match. The NM Section includes all of NM, as well as the El Paso, Tx area, and southwest Colorado (Durango) area. Confusing, indeed, but the NM Section spills over the borders a little bit.

The NM Section match rotates around the clubs in the Section. Pretty much "who wants it?", "who does the Section Coordinator award it to?"

For the first three years, the High Desert Classic (then know as Badlands) was also the NM Section. For the last two years, the NM Section went south (to Las Cruces), then east (to Edgewood). For 2010, it's just back in Albuquerque, in conjunction with the High Desert Classic.

It's a lot like the Mile Hi Shootout in eastern Colorado. Every other year, it is also the Colorado Sectional. On odd years, the Sectional goes to the West Slope (typically Montrose or Gunnison). Nevertheless, The Mile Hi Shootout is every year; sometimes it is also the Colorado Sectional.

In a similair vein, the High Desert Classic happens ever year, it's just this year we are once again the NM Sectional.

Edited by TaterHead

There are some Sections that have more than one state in them. I know that VA/MD is one Section. So, you could have a Section championship as well as a state championship for both MD and VA in that case. R,

There are also some states with more than one section.

As you gentleman are posting here Jerry the Stage Wizard (or Demon as some have called him) is designing the stages for the match and I am designing and fabricating the movers and shakers that are incorporated in the stages. The club now has a Polish Plate Rack which you will see in the 2010 match. :surprise: Oh this is going to be good! As you have seen in past HDC matches, no impossible mind bending BS. Just fun, challenging stages.

Put the 2010 High Desert Classic on your calendar and come shoot with us. :cheers:

CYa,

Pat

Thanks for the state verses sectional clarification. Its confusing to me because even a "State" match can be attended by shooters from different states. So I don't understand the need to even have a "Sectional" designation for a match. Once again, I am not complaining about this match, just trying to understand. I will be attending this match and look forward to shooting with all the great people down there. I am sure you guys will put on an awesome match like you have always done in the past!!!

Update: Chrono this year! The ChronoMan, Greg Lent, will be with us at the HDC. Random draw prize table continues. This year Nanci Lambert will be the prize coordinator. If you have yet to see the Polish Plate Rack, best do so. You'll be shooting it.

Kevin: It will fun seeing you guys again :cheers: Is Don, James and Jerry coming with you? Don should be able to keep you guys awake for the whole trip :roflol: You guys will like this match. It is lots of fun with some stages designed by "Dr Evil"(Jerry). Our monthly matches here are better than some of the big matches I've shot at. Bring your sunscreen and lip balm since it is so dry here :surprise: See you soon. Thanks, Eric

Kevin: It will fun seeing you guys again :cheers: Is Don, James and Jerry coming with you? Don should be able to keep you guys awake for the whole trip :roflol: You guys will like this match. It is lots of fun with some stages designed by "Dr Evil"(Jerry). Our monthly matches here are better than some of the big matches I've shot at. Bring your sunscreen and lip balm since it is so dry here :surprise: See you soon. Thanks, Eric

It will be Don, Elliot, Sean Gaines, Edwin Garcia, Kale Garrestson maybe some of the Dallas crew also. We shall see who can make the trip. Umm Jay - I checked the range altitude and it looks like it is at 4000 or so -- I should be good - we shall see. I can always get a Oxygen bottle to carry from stage to stage hahahaha. Im sure Dave Re will be there also.

Edited by KGentry

It will be Don, Elliot, Sean Gaines, Edwin Garcia, Kale Garrestson maybe some of the Dallas crew also. We shall see who can make the trip. Umm Jay - I checked the range altitude and it looks like it is at 4000 or so -- I should be good - we shall see. I can always get a Oxygen bottle to carry from stage to stage hahahaha. Im sure Dave Re will be there also.

<_< So I have been to three area 2 events, :unsure: I go to a few 3 gun events and just get left out like .... :unsure: the yard help

<_< my Open guns have not cooled off that much ;)

Jamie: You can come as well as long as you can keep Don from talking :roflol: Nevermind that would be impossible :roflol: How's the 3-gun going for you? I see Ty is doing very well and Benny is taking a break for a while till his shoulder feels better I guess. Jamie I think you would enjoy this match and would well like you always do. Thanks, Eric

:cheers: The San Antonio Rudy boys should be coming to terrorize yall up there!

Sounds like a lot of fun :cheers:

I hope Dave Re makes it as well !

Getting Don to shut up ? well that is another story, lol

Looking forward to the fun.

<_< So I have been to three area 2 events, :unsure: I go to a few 3 gun events and just get left out like .... :unsure: the yard help

<_< my Open guns have not cooled off that much ;)

:roflol::roflol: O yea sorry Jamie! Thought you were 3 gun only hahaha