Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Chinese" C More

DocMan

Has anyone ever bought the Chinese C More sights? You can buy them on e bay for less than half of a "regular" C More. They are identical in appearance. I was searching for a used C More when I discovered them. Are they over runs & the same or are they crap? They even say C More right on the side just like the one I have had for years & years.

for those who want to try it, dont. check out the diode, its a cheap one and probably wouldn't last in rainy conditions. Its like the laser pointers, you can buy some for $3 and you can spend over $400 for them. If they cut corners there, they probably cut corners on the lense and the driver, and the plastic well any plastic co, can make a mold. so you have a plastic scope that looks like a c-more, but the internals are not the same, thus the cheap price.

Its funny I saw this scope a couple of days ago, they call it the "see-more"

my .02 cents

Sean

I agree that we should patronize our sponsors. Here it comes, "but" I always thought that c-more and aim point we a bit over priced. I realize that anytime you buy something that is in the specialized category the profit margin goes up. "BUT", maybe this is the wake up call that they need not to put one of their kids through school on one sale.

I agree that we should patronize our sponsors. Here it comes, "but" I always thought that c-more and aim point we a bit over priced. I realize that anytime you buy something that is in the specialized category the profit margin goes up. "BUT", maybe this is the wake up call that they need not to put one of their kids through school on one sale.

$200 is over priced??? Have you ever tried to point a laser at a piece of glass and make it stop at the glass? What about the glass itself? Before blasting it with carbon debris from muzzle blast it's clear glass. Look at all the molded plastic, the switches, covers, diodes. And you think $200 is over priced? You should look into the cost of bringing a PENCIL into the world wide market. You'll soon learn how much of a value the C-More is.

The reason that they cost more is the Research and Development costs that they have to recoup. The copiers don't pay for that development plus they use inferior components and make profit off the labors of others.

Let me offer a hypothetical question;

You are approached by a man who wants to sell you a used Car Stereo. He tells you that they cost $500 new, but he can sell it for $200 because he just stole it from someone...

Would you buy it ?

The more I read this post the more it angers me, we have a small company who designed a product, and most of us have their scopes on top of our guns. This company supports our sport, supply product to our shooters, help sponsor us, goes and travel to matches,takes the time to maintain customer service, Hired an attorney to patent their product, listen to customer suggestions etc,etc,while at the same time trying to make a profit.. Then you have some company in china copy it and steal it. This Chinese company is not responsible for anything in regards to quality control, or sweat shops, or any r and d, and they sell this stolen product at a profit to U.S. citizens. The small company is not protected, because china doesn't have to comply with the us patents. Maybe this is were I agree with Obama, buy U.S.!

They even copied the name "See More" . They are laughing at us, and some are falling for the joke.

next time I will tell you how I really feel. lol

Sean

The reason that they cost more is the Research and Development costs that they have to recoup. The copiers don't pay for that development plus they use inferior components and make profit off the labors of others.

Let me offer a hypothetical question;

You are approached by a man who wants to sell you a used Car Stereo. He tells you that they cost $500 new, but he can sell it for $200 because he just stole it from someone...

Would you buy it ?

Unfortuantely some will! and if they get caught with the stolen stereo they will go to jail, but not the foreign company who stole the design. because they don't have to comply with us laws.

Actually, in this rare case I will be the voice of reason....By all means purchase the half price product with the 4th rate materials quality. There is nothing that most shooters would like better than a precision optical instrument that appears like you are looking through milk, all the while failing to maintain zero or offer any benefits of durability and quality. :P

I have a story in response,

At the world of concrete trade show in Vegas, 2004, we had a vendor to our right that produced what I will call dohickees and a Chinese based vendor to our left who made several dohickees. All these things are for the concrete industry.

At the 2006 show in Vegas, the dohickees of the vendor to our right had his product copied and brought to the 2006 show by the Chinese based vendor.

They were cheaper and just good enough.

Now if that vendor wanted to he could spend thousands of dollars and hire a lawyer, and try and protect his copyright, and it is a shame he should have to.

So is it worth it to buy the "See More"? Well you do the math. Think about what you would do if you were the producer of C-Mores. Don't think that some of the price of that product isn't just to keep your product protected, I can assure you it certainly is.

Been there, seen that.

edited for clarity. Having trouble getting things out.

Edited by JimmyZip

I have seen tons of Red dots that are made in China...at every gun show I go to <_<

They are all garbage!!...not even fit for a toy

Bunches of Chineese scopes also fall into this category

In most cases, you get what you pay for...in this case, you will get LESS than what you pay for.

Having had many ideas stolen from me over the years <_<

I am not a big fan of knockoffs

Jim

:cheers: I think the main thing that you have to realize is; you get what you pay for. I have shyed away from C-more purly because of cost, however when I get ready I will purchase the C-more( they are the best). Again you get what you pay for, the counterfeit marcket overseas is huge, they will copy anything. Theyt also do not support our sport and their products are crap. If we as shooters do not support the folks that support us our sport is in trouble. When you are standing there looking at a deminshed prize table from lack of vender support, think about the money you saved on that cheap chinese peice of crap and keep you comments about the lack of prize table to yourself.. My 2 cents :devil:

I have no problem with fair competition. I do however have a problem with thievery no matter if it is done by an individual or with the blessing of a foreign country. Yeah, its cheaper. So is the TV you can buy out of the back of some guy's truck. The answer is still hell no.

Now if C-More would only come out with sight that holds zero.

I can't say anything about the C-More knockoffs, but I can tell you about an Eotech knockoff. I bought an AR with one of those on it and decided to put it through its paces. I took it out shooting and the dot is all but invisible during the day. It also shoots loose after 20 rounds and the power turns off for no apparent reason. That scope got sold to a would-be mall ninja for his "tactical" SKS. Whatever the savings, it isn't worth it.

While shooting the Miller match-sometime in 1989

or 1990, in up state N.Y. the owner of the C-More

had a tent set up- and I think the price was around

$500.00 then?

Every one like the looks- but the price had pushed

people away- we all had tube scopes on our .38S

then! Look :surprise: what we are using now-

for some $300.00 less. :rolleyes: