Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bar-Sto Leaving California for South Dakota

rgkeller

That's too bad for the employees. When Les Baer Custom recently moved out of Illinois, they relocated just across the border in Iowa only 20 minutes from his previous location. His employees didn't even have to move if they didn't want to

Why does it seem that whenever a thread is opened that has to do with California, politics just have to be drug into it? And why is it usually done by people who don't live there? Is there a contest I'm not aware of to see how fast a thread can get closed for drifting into the political arena?

Food for thought.

Why does it seem that whenever a thread is opened that has to do with California, politics just have to be drug into it? And why is it usually done by people who don't live there? Is there a contest I'm not aware of to see how fast a thread can get closed for drifting into the political arena?

Food for thought.

Thanks!

(And I promise not to vote for morons anymore <_< )

Chuck--do you have a choice? Moron A or Moron B, chose the lesser of the Morons. That's pretty much

the way it is everywhere. And NO, I'm not being political---that statement can be applied in a lot of

arenas. :rolleyes:

Chuck--do you have a choice? Moron A or Moron B, chose the lesser of the Morons. That's pretty much

the way it is everywhere. And NO, I'm not being political---that statement can be applied in a lot of

arenas. :rolleyes:

I will miss the fact that I can drive 30 minutes to visit and get service from one of the best barrel builders there is, whose father was a friend of my father, and who has done right by me since I can remember. Most of the pistols that my father, our friends and I have shot except my last two all had Barsto barrels. We would go there when Irv's father was still alive and shoot the breeze and get things done. I remember the first plastic holsters I saw hanging in Irv's garage, and thinking no one would ever make any money on that idea. the first CZ I ever shot was one of Irv Stone's. (The current Irv's father.) He let me shoot it in the 29 Palms practical match. The first S&W 5609, 1911, and many other pistols I have no idea their nomenclature were, that I shot were his. His son is definitely a chip off the old block.

We will miss the folks there. The last time I was there, the ladies in the office watched my youngest girl while I toured the shop and looked at things with Irv. He is just as friendly and warm as his father. His employees are nice people.

Just sad if you ask me.

Irv is a great guy. i remember numerous steel challenges where he'd sponsor alot of the match, just show up and shoot the match in flip-flops and not care.

:D

I remember 06 or 05 , talking to Irv at the pool after he had spent the entire day putting his new STI / Barstow in the dirt before he shot each stage.

<_< Under an RO's supervision of course

He did that just to proof his gun.

I'm not passing judgement on the employees of Bar-Sto but the citizens of California are bringing this upon themselves as witnessed by the morons they put in office time after time...

CYa,

Pat

Thats what I wanted to say after just reading the second post !!

Food for thought.

Because everything that happens there that is worth talking about here has to do with the politics of that

state, plain and simple, basically it's the "can you believe what they are doing there now "?? And I am

from there and left for the those reasons !! :P

Not trying to be political, would like to discuss the matter without the politics but it's the truth. When the people support an anti business establishment whats a business to do ?? <_<:(