Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Test

TGO

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this today but I only had 3 plates so I halved the time.

I never had a problem making the shots in the time allowed. Usually with time to spare.

Misses kill your time.

Take the extra .001 -.01 to get the hit . It should almost always be faster.

tomb

One thing I noticed about the shooters at Bianchi was they managed the time on every string and used nearly all they were given. It is weird, most everyone shoots the same cadence. I really, really noticed this when Rob, Jerry and Vance shot the plates. I noticied it also on the Practical. It was almost as if there was one gun with three bullets coming out, knocking down three plates (now is that an idea for an open gun, or what?).

That is an interesting observation Dave.

Set up a fixed parameter, like you have 9 seconds to shoot 6 plates with 6 shots at 25 yards (and if you miss one you get on the plane and go home), let guys shoot it for a year or 20 years, and eventually they all shoot the string in about the same time because it takes a certain amount of time to do everything properly for each shot to ensure a hit.

be

• 2 weeks later...

I did that Saturday on the Flying M 2000. Missed an 18x24 inch plate on the draw. Twice! It is simply not possible to miss it. After being puzzled for most of the day about how could I have possibly missed a target that huge I realized I merely inadequately observed my sights on the draw and was looking at the target and did not notice my trigger finger was way too tense and pushed the gun off to the left. Of course that was with an iron sighted pistol. With a foo-foo gun I won't know until mine arrives.... ;)

• 2 years later...

bump to the f*#king top...

And, when we practice plates, we paint them before we start, and then track our ability on the "easy" runs by the group size on the plate. Ideally, when you're done the entire stage, a really awesome run would not have any bullet hits that didn't touch the "center wad." No straglers, so to speak. So the object is not just to hit the plates, but to KNOW what happened on every shot.

be

Read everything on this forum that Brian has posted. Forget what you know...forget what you think you know... Open up and see. Experience the shooting

• 2 weeks later...

Tell him you aren't going to shoot them with rifle, Major power factor 38 Super, nor any type of steel-core bullets...and that you read on the Brian Enos (Bianchi Champ) forum that Robbie Leatham (Bianchi stock gun champ) suggested shooting plate rack drills to better your shooting.

Let him know you are a shooter and that you are serious about improving, and not some a-hole looking to blast away and screw up the plate racks for him to have to fix (you may offer to help in rack repair from time to time).

If none of that works...see if he has a daughter to date. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of plate racks, I had the opportunity to see the guy who started this thread shoot a stage called "The Rack Attack" at the WSSSC. The stage consisted of 3 6-plate racks. One was at 20 yards directly downrange and the other 2 were on the left and right side at about 10 yards. The stage had you start behind a barrier with a port in it's center. You had to engage the 20 plates freestyle through the port, the right side rack with the right hand and the left side rack with the left hand. There were no mandatory reloads but since it was a Single Stack match, you reloaded! Well, TGO shot this stage clean in 13.66 seconds. :o I would say that he can still pass "The Test"!

• 4 months later...

I know this was started a good while back but it sounds like fun. I think I will try this this weekend and see how I can do. One question I have is is each string limited? From what I read so far I would think so.

Thanks

Step 1: Figure out what the hell the Bianchi Cup Falling Plates Competition is.

I don't have all the details yet. This is what I have so far:

The Falling Plate Event: This event is a series of six 8inch plates. Each plate is worth 10 points and 1 X. The plates are shot at 10, 15, 20 & 25 yards with the time you have to shoot them varying from 6 seconds to 9 seconds. You may stand, kneel or go prone to shoot the plates, but the starting position is always standing with hands shoulder high. The plates are a hit or miss match. The saying is "there are no 8's on plates" as they can make or break your match.

Minimum caliber is 9 mm and the power factor required is 120

The Falling Plate Event is divided into 4 stages; each stage will have 2 strings, with 6 shots per string, 48 shots total. The targets will be 8 inch round medal plates, fired at 10, 15 and 25 yards.

Virginia Count

<edited by dirtypool40>

2 runs each distance.

10y par time 6 seconds.

15y par time 7 seconds.

20y par time 8 seconds.

25y par time 9 seconds.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 2:15 pm on Jan. 18, 2002)

Yes, each string is only, exactly and at maximum 6 shots.

Miss one, no make ups, it sits there staring at you, mocking you, taunting you, sneeeeeeeeeering. <_<

Edited by dirtypool40

Shoot this a couple weeks ago, shot 44 out of 48 in the match. There was no reason why I should have not cleaned it. Had 1 miss at 20 and 3 at 25. There is more than enough time to make those shots.

Flyin

Man, the clock eats my lunch here. I threw up all down the front of myself. My first run of 48 I missed 14 frigin'

plates. :huh: But, hey I missed them REALLY fast. Second run was "better" where I left 10. I kept trying to "count down" and

started to push. All the mikes were low and left. About 90-95% of those were at 25 yards. Plenty of time really. My

virtual "clock" kept telling me that 7 seconds was 9. Tough, fun practice.

Jim