Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C.G.R. pro-tuned 3.5# connector

ErikW

I just installed a Custom Glock Racing pro-tuned 3.5# connector in a bone-stock model 17. Holy $#!% what a difference! I'm kicking myself for not doing this earlier. I'm sure I could've taken on Dale Rhea with this thing last year. :)

Somewhere I read there's a drawback to the 3.5# connector, like less feedback or mushiness or something. Horsefeathers. It's great.

Now all I need is a decent front sight and Sevigny's ass is mine. :P

You might consider this:

Here's what I did for sights on my G23:

Put on a plain black MMC rear and a Dawson Precision Fiber Optical front made for the Novak rear. The front sight is .160 high. I opened up the MMC rear a little with a file and Dremel.

Looks like a small combat rear sight and it's adjustable. The front sight is very low.

very cool..amzaing what a good trigger on a glock can feel like..

I got a G34 and had Charlie Vanek do a trigger on mine..it is amazing..breaks at 1.5 pounds with a nice short reset and takeup..also added a Dawson adjustable and FO front...

it is trick. :D

Yeah, I've tried Matt's full-on-race trigger job and a Limcat trigger job, but Production and GSSF are low priority for me and I'm not going to spend half the cost of my gun to get a good trigger.

No fiber optic for me, thanks. I'm waiting for the promised CGR narrow black post.

Yeah, I've tried Matt's full-on-race trigger job and a Limcat trigger job, but Production and GSSF are low priority for me and I'm not going to spend half the cost of my gun to get a good trigger.

No fiber optic for me, thanks. I'm waiting for the promised CGR narrow black post.

Don't blame ya..my adventure into production in winter turned into a $$ project..

I like the looks of the Heinie race set that they have listed

http://www.gunracing.com/Qstore/p000033.htm

Two of my Competition Glock's had CGR's top fuel trigger and while they are good I found it rather limiting that they only fired Federal Small Pistol primers reliably.

Those two Glock's now have Charlie Vanek’s trigger. When on considers the price ($175.00) this trigger job is well worth it. BTW, Charlie Vanek's triggers will reliably light Small Rifle primers.

LMAO, now there's an endorsement.

I didn't say I couldn't afford it. I said, twice, I wasn't going to do it.

What I am going to do is practice with my $25 trigger job. I can only hope to compete in Production against somebody with a $175 Glock trigger job.

I wish you the best with your $25.00 trigger job and remember to practice a lot of dry firing with it. I also hope you find someone with a trigger job from either CGR, Tom Novak or Charlie Vanek so you can compare and contrast those triggers to yours.

I have compared my (less than) $25 Glock trigger job to others.

Those others are nice. I would highly recommend them to anybody that wants to spend the money...especially if the shooter doesn't want to play gunsmith. But, nobody needs to spend that much to be competitive.

After watching Dave Sevigny's magnificent performance at the Factory Gun Nationals this year (he beat Rob Leatham by 80-plus match points!), I needed to take some photos of Dave shooting for various articles. The two of us grabbed an RO and a vacant range and I got my photos. After I put my camera away, well, having seen how he shot his G34, naturally I was was very curious about the trigger pulls on that gun because Dave had told me his G34 was pretty much stock except the sights. He doesn't even have the trigger bar and connector polished, they're just unmodified stock parts. I asked Dave if I could dry fire his gun. He said sure, we stepped over into a safety area....

(Let me pause to mention, I've heard the comment that Dave must lying about just how stock his gun is, that nobody could shoot like that with such an inexpensive, unmodified gun.)

....and I tried the trigger several times. I was shocked at how nice it wasn't. It was just so disappointingly....stock. A little over 3 pounds, with all the takeup and creep and overtravel and long reset we associate with the stock Glock trigger action. Take it from someone who's fingered the trigger in question: there's nothing special about the trigger pulls on Dave Sevingy's G34. What's impressive is what he can do with them. No offense meant to anyone, but I think about this whenever I hear people talk about how awesome is their umpteen zillion dollar custom Glock with 1.5 pound custom trigger.

Well out top of the line F1 trigger is down to $125 but I know Eric still wont want to put that much money in a glock, and I cant understand his position.

Look for CGR Pro Tuned trigger bars comming very soon (1-2 weeks).

Rycasta, if you cant shoot winchester small pistol or rifle primers with the Top Fuel trigger it is most likely a seating depth issue. As I recall yours were tested with CCI primers (known to hard) and worked A-OK.

Y'know, there was a time I would have agreed with that, not from a comparison to female anatomy standpoint, but just because I've seen several stock trigger springs break (and heard of more), rendering the piece hors de combat. Back when I carried a G19 and used it a match gun, I had a New York Trigger and loved it. When I recently started playing with the Glock again, I found that after years of shooting a 1911, I'd gotten in the habit of relaxing so much on the trigger that a New York Trigger, which makes the trigger reset far more powerful, would drive my finger all the way forward on the trigger between shots - forget hitting the reset point.

It's worth noting the out-of-the-box trigger pull on the G34 with "3.5 pound connector" and stock trigger spring weighed 5-3/4 pounds according to my NRA weight set. I replaced the stock trigger spring with a Wolff 4-pound trigger spring. This part is intended, when applied to a Glock running a stock 5.5-pound connector, to drop the trigger pull a pound and a half. Applied to the G34, trigger pulls dropped from 5-3/4 pounds to 3-3/4. I can work with that. Mostly though, it makes the trigger reset not nearly as vigorous.

Matt while you bring up a valid point,

"Rycasta, if you cant shoot winchester small pistol or rifle primers with the Top Fuel trigger it is most likely a seating depth issue. As I recall yours were tested with CCI primers (known to hard) and worked A-OK. "

I personally tested both Top Fuels that I have with factory ammunition like CCI Blazer, Lawman, Winchester and Remington just to name a few and I was getting soft strikes with both of them. So seriously I doubt it's a seating depth problem. And if memory serves me correctly we did discuss this in great detail at the time and you advised me to use Federal SP’s which was a primer I ended up stocking up on since prior to that I always used Winchester SP and Remington SR.

I shoot a G35 in LTD and now a G34 in Prod. My trigger breaks at about 3 - 3.5 pounds and is good enough that I'm confident my equipment is not holding me back. It has been worked on, however, and I believe it's easier to shoot well with a decent trigger.

For me, I won't have a trigger that's not reliable - even with the occasional high primer. That's why I won't use reduced power striker springs, although I do clip a coil or so from the stock spring.

Steve Anderson recently posted the following post here on BE - and I believe he's correct:

"If you have a gun/holster combo that is safe, reliable and accurate enough to hit a popper at 25 yards...

There is a 99% chance your gear is good enough to take you as far as you are willing to go.

This needs pointing out from time to time."

Well....of course he would.. :lol::lol::lol:

this topic sure went someplace...not sure where...

of course..no one will shoot markedly better with a slicked up trigger job. These are just refinements that we choose to or not to do on our guns..mine are mostly tricked out because 1.) I can, 2.) I think it's cool..

but that doesn't stop a friend of mine from shooting a stock norinco from a IWB holster with no sights from waxing my a#$ all day long..course I have been practicing since then... ;)

Well he did win the 2002 IDPA Nationals with a CGR Top Fuel Trigger.

Are you sure? The IDPA Nats comes after the Factory Gun Nationals, right? When I talked to Dave at FGN02, he told me he'd pulled the modified trigger components out of his G34 a few weeks before the match because he'd had the gun double once in practice, which indicated to him it was no longer safe to fire with the modified parts. He dropped stock parts back in, tried the trigger, said, "Ah, all the polishing doesn't make that much difference," and just ran with the stock parts. I can't imagine, after that, he went back to the modified parts.