Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flamer 11-14-2003

kimel

Once again it is time for us to pile our troubles together, douse them in gasoline and set them aflame!!!

Gather around the pyre brothers and sisters and feel the healing warmth that the purification flames provide!

I hate that today I *SHOULD* be in Las Vegas enjoying myself and attending a few meetings. An all expenses (except gambling losses) paid trip. But Nooooo!!! I had to come down with the flu Wednesday night so am confined to my home. And my term of service with the group footing the bill is up this year so this was to have been my final trip. Gahhhh!!!!!!!!

Your shoulder hurts? But you fell on your face at A2DC!

BTW, welcome to the 70% Master club.

What's up with that anyway? When I shoot Limited, I get a bunch of Misses and drop down to 70% of the match winner. When I shoot Open, I get one Miss and get only 74% of the match winner. Am I that slow in Open? Am I that fast in Limited?

I hate lookin for a fricking summer internship. I hate that the first years grades in law school is all that people look at and that the rest of the years are basically meaningless. I hate running out of bullets a week before a big match. I hate dealing with stupid people. I hate waiting for some damn teenager to get off the equiment I want to use at the gym because he is standing there BS'ing. I hate that I wont be able to be with my family this year for turkey day since I need to study and tickets are too expensive.

Alright, I'm done! Next. :D

"I hate that the women dominated A-class Open at the Area 2 match. 

What is with that anyway...I thought they had their own category." (Flex)

And with all that endless debating and arguing, too! HAHAHAHAHA!! :lol::lol:

On the other hand: I solved what was looking like another too-busy-to-breath Friday, falling behind on everything, gritting my teeth thru another waste-of-time day at the office... I just told the boss (yesterday) that I was taking Friday OFF and that was that. I'm hacking away at a gargantuan to-do list, but at least it'll leave time to SHOOT on Sunday, for cryin' out loud!! Besides, I'm starting a new business (in addition to everything else) and will just keep getting busier... at which point the little office job will "go." :angry:

"Tomorrow makes three funerals in three weeks for people from my local parish that I have to attend."
Jeez, rhino, what are you DOING to your friends...???!!!! <_< (Sorry to hear it in any case. :( )

I hate that I am not motivated to practice. I have been shooting REALLY well lately. I have finially started "Seeing" things. Calling my shots. Being able to switch sight picture. It is all starting to come together. These are all great things, and I KNOW that it is because I have been putting in time doing LOTS of dry fire practice. However, I just find that when I pick up the gun to practice, I want to be doing something else. Well, maybe just take a day or two off. :angry:

Today I packed all my IPSC gear away. Cleaned the gun and the mags...packed them in the safe. Packed away my holster, mag pouches, all my reloading supplies and two of my three reloading presses. I've had enough.

After searching for the interest and/or motivation to continue shooting IPSC matches...I can't seem to find it.

Think I'll play around in IDPA's SSR division for a while....

I never thought I'd get sick of IPSC. :(

I really hate that I can't seem to change my mind.

jury duty selection this week, spent over 4 hours at the court house before we ever saw the judge, then went through all the excuses by everybody who didn't want to be there like getting over the sniffles, or my mothers cousin used to date the accused guys neighbour, and then when I gave them the excuse that I have to be on the road selling stuff to make a living, they weren't too sure that was a good enough excuse and would be putting me back in the pool, oh well, I guess I could be the dude on trial!

Chuck D,

say it ain't so! put the idpa stuff down and slowly walk away. pick up BE's book and matt burkett's dvds and relax...relax... ipsc gooood..ipsc gooood...let your mind take you to your special stage...all alphas..allllll alphas..relax :D

Hey CD, come shoot a match with Rhino, you'll either die laughing or leave knowing you had a good time.

I've been griping all week, but tonight I had such a great time I couldn't be much more content.