Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ticketmaster

benos

I've always hated them but now I hate them even more.

After clicking through 9000 windows to buy overpriced tickets, I finally get to a page to print the tickets. But instead of the tickets loading in a browser to print, a blank brown colored page loads. So I call, and after saying a bunch of stupid shit to an automated answering machine, eventually get a human being who tells me they'll email the tickets. An hour later - no email. So I try the print tickets page again, and it says my tickets have already been emailed to me. So I click to report that I didn't get them, and fill out a big stupid page required to report that - 2 hours later still no email.

:angry:

be

Hope the event is far enough in the future to give you time to receive them!!!

Thanks - no problem there mid-October - hopefully anyway!

GRRRR.... I HATE TICKETMASTER. :angry:

I won't even bother to go to a show they're ticketing anymore.

Which is all of them :(

Exactly. This is a can't miss show for me.

be

Ticketmaster...I refuse to pay $1.75 per ticket for the privilege of using my own paper and ink to print the tickets. Can you say Will Call? I refuse to support them unless there is absolutely no option...and, unfortunately, often there isn't.

Edited for typing.

Edited by BWNC

Still no email ? you should be happy, I went to a show a year ago and get spammed from them daily, somehow they have managed to get by my spam filter, even after I have them blocked and they still get through.

And so it goes in the electronic age. As a computer "professional" (as opposed to an expert), one of the problems that I constantly run into is that no two computers are exactly the same, which basically means that just because something works on every computer you test, there is going to be at least one where it does something weird and unexpected.

Ticketmaster is large enough that they should have built-in work-arounds for all kinds of problems, particularly when it comes to delivery. IOW, there should have been some way to get around the problem you were having with printing right then and there.