Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OAL 40sw

olp73

Ideal OAL for 40sw in SVI with SVI magazines. What do you use? I am thinking 1,18”? I think I read somewhere in this forum that this works best in SVI tubes but I am not sure. Please enlighten me!

Use 1.220 with Mont Gold JHP's and 1.200 with Black Bullets Int - works in both my SVI and STI framed limited guns with SVI mags

Ideal OAL for 40sw in SVI with SVI magazines. What do you use? I am thinking 1,18”? I think I read somewhere in this forum that this works best in SVI tubes but I am not sure. Please enlighten me!

I settled on 1.180."

be

thanks to you all. You are always so helpful.

.....I settle for 1.18” then, what works for Brian Enos works for me : )

I settled on 1.180."

be

thanks to you all. You are always so helpful.

.....I settle for 1.18” then, what works for Brian Enos works for me : )

It doesn't matter if it works for you or BE. What matters is what works for your gun ;)

It's easy enough to load up some dummy rounds at different lengths and chamber them a few times...see if one length appears/feels to be smoother and a strighter shot into the chamber. That should be what your gun likes. If you feel a hitch or they're hitting high/low then try a different length. Generally speaking, the longer you go the less likey you are to get a nose dive which will be your most common "bad" failure to feed. This is the same reason why Super/Supercomp at 1.235" or so offers less feeding challenges than 9mm (at 1.1-something) in S_I frames....less distance for things to go wrong. R,

my Limcat has a long throat, after a lil experimentation, I went for a OAL length of between 1.195 and 1.200 which works in both my SV mags and STI's, only diff in length is due to mixed batches of brass and flex of reloader, but it all feeds w/ aplomb so not complaining at this point

Hi All.. hmm..... the factory loads I used which worked perfectly were 1.125. The recommended length in the loading book I use is 1.125 so I load a 1.125. I have have had no problems with the factory loads but some problems with my reloads jamming. I have not diagnosed the problem yet. I will try load some at 1.180 and see if that is better. I know shorter like 1.115 do not work in my gun. SV Infinity.

bullets are 200 gr Zero's....

If you are in Phoenix then call Kodiak Precision. Don is sponsored by SV and was the VV technical rep for many years. Ask him.

Like BE, I load to 1.185. Works fine in my SV with SV mags. My SV turns to a jam-o-matic with factory ammo and a one hole wonder with VV320 and Zero Bullets when loaded to the correct length.

• 7 months later...
1.225" .... am I crazy??? Has worked fine in the schuman in my para.

Nope. I tested out to 1.260 (as I recall) and they worked fine in both my Edge and Trojan. R,

What magazines were you running in your Trojan for the 1.260 OAL???

Edited by BoldasLions

1.225" .... am I crazy??? Has worked fine in the schuman in my para.

Nope. I tested out to 1.260 (as I recall) and they worked fine in both my Edge and Trojan. R,

What magazines were you running in your Trojan for the 1.260 OAL???

Wilson 47NX, McCormick 10mm and Tripp System mags. Essentially all of those are .45 mags with tighter feed lip dimensions. You can load to 10mm or .45 OAL and have no problems. I may have actually tried 1.270, but can't recall. I know I went to 1.260 with no problems. That said, I'm loading for it and my Limited gun at 1.200". R,