Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Open/Production Nationals

Sharyn

We just updated the blog with results from the 2 Ladies Squads. There are several more in contention though so it is by no means telltale:

From Women of USPSA Blog: http://womenofuspsa.com/wp/?p=204

Open

Squad 9:

Doni Spencer – 492.9409

Athena Lee – 477.5723

Lisa Munson – 453.8086

Tasha Hanish – 450.7630

Squad 10:

Megan Francisco – 494.7282

Rebecca Jones – 480.9728

Kay Miculek – 472.5903

Production

Squad 9:

Jessie Abbate – 540.3976

Julie Golob – 497.9300

Randi Rogers – 460.8835

So your squad has 1-8 stages to go tomorrow?

Nevermind, I forgot you have 2 days left......

still pretty wide open then

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How any shooter can concentrate with a camera this close is beyond my capacity to comprehend:

post-293-1252817937_thumb.jpg

I think this was after Julie had shot, and she was picking up her extra mags from the table. You can see the RO scorer and Jessie Abbate on Julie's right, and they look like they are heading downrange. The guy with the camera is actually standing inside the shooting area and Maggie Reese looks like she's in front of Julie, heading downrange. And look, it's Pat Doyle in the background in his USSA shirt.

Seiichi

I've got a little reception on Stage 1. Kind of a neat stage layout. Much more exciting than Stage 11. ;) Broadcasting Squad 8 now.

Shooting order:

1-Bob Londrigan

2-Ron Brown

3-Ryan Bradley

4-John Guida

5-Don Bednorz

6-Lesgar Murdock

7-Kert Gaskill

8-Glenn Higdon

9-Chuck Bradley

10-Shannon Smith

11-Taran Butler

It would be nice if a moderator could separate all the rules discussions from this topic. Thank you. :D

Up next, Squad 7 Stage 1

Shooting order:

Chris Tilley

Todd Jarrett

Stephen Hinojales

Max Michel

KC Eusebio

Lee Dimaculangan

Mike Voigt

JJ Racazza

Nick Saiti

Henning Walgren

Saul Kirsch

Quick break preceding this squad so I can save the last broadcast.

sharyn, your idea is great, but unfortunately it isn't working on my end. i tried it on multiple connections, still sloooooowwwww. got a huge pipe here and the bandwidth is super. however, these vids are still coming across like stop and go claymation.

thank you for trying to connect those of us that aren't there.

Edited by outerlimits

Live interviews with Max Michel, Saul Kirsch and special Guest narrator Taran Butler... that was hilarious! I hope some of you were able to see/hear them. I'll have to go review the webcast later tonight. A recording should be available and I'll see if I can edit the long downtime between.

I'll be moving on to other stages now. Hopefully I'll find a bit of reception.

sharyn, your idea is great, but unfortunately it isn't working on my end. i tried it on multiple connections, still sloooooowwwww. got a huge pipe here and the bandwidth is super. however, these vids are still coming across like stop and go claymation.

The problem isn't on your end. Cellular reception is next to nothing here. I'm doing the best I can. From previous experience, the audio had come through pretty good even if the video was poor. I'm hoping that's the case and that's why I've been trying to get people to give verbal updates and some antics.

sorry.

I had the pleasure of meeting Diana Le when I was taking photos yesterday. She has been running a hat cam throughout the match which I think is just too cool! She'll be posting videos from the nationals at www.youtube.com/gamingoddess

Julie

post-2642-1253025706_thumb.jpg

The problem isn't on your end. Cellular reception is next to nothing here. I'm doing the best I can. From previous experience, the audio had come through pretty good even if the video was poor. I'm hoping that's the case and that's why I've been trying to get people to give verbal updates and some antics.

sorry.

You guys need to cut Sharyn a break. She's volunteering her own time and equipment to try to provide some live coverage for you. This range is in the most western part of metro Las Vegas, at the beginning of Red Rock Canyon and on the way to Mount Charleston. Although the "stat shack" is on a hill, most of the bays (1-9) sit below the horizon and cellular reception is horrible. We can't even get text messages out in some areas. She's hauling a wagon full of equipment from stage to stage and running around trying to find a spot where she can get a signal and still be able to get decent video. I know many of the viewers are frustrated by the quality of the broadcast, but she has not control over that cell signal. She's frustrated as well, so be patient with her. Hopefully we'll be able to get more audio interviews with the shooters, and maybe have Taran do some play by play.

Seiichi

Videos posted this a.m of Tammie Bordwell, Tasha Hanish, Jessie Abbate and Doni Spencer. That's all I can do for now. Will try to get more later.

And... who can you thank for all these videos??? Seiichi! Like Sharyn, he is volunteering his time and money to help catch the action. HUGE thanks to everyone who has been helping womenofuspsa take off. You guys are SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!

Thanks,

Julie

edited due to bad typing

Edited by 99gski

The amount of volunteer effort going into the Women of USPSA project is unbelievable. There are so many people offering their time and resources to pull this off. There simply isn't enough THANKS to give!!! I don't want to name anybody right now for fear of unintentionally leaving someone out. But, YOU ALL are the BEST!!!

Thanks for the moral support too, Seiichi. :)

Well, everytime I attempt these webcasts, I learn something new. This is a great experience for me. Despite impossible cell reception, I think the changes I've made to my set up are big improvements. Also, this time I walk away with a goal to improve sound quality in certain (aka WINDY) weather conditions. So far, I'll pretty much attempt coverage in any weather conditions except rain/snow. The heat and the sand have taken a bit of a toll on my equipment. I'll have to upgrade my broadband card soon anyway... but maybe shred - aka Roy Stedman would help with de-sanding the internals of my laptop...? <<<batting eyelashes>>>.

I'm not sure how to decrease the wind noise, but I've got a couple of ideas to try today.

I'm going to try again to follow the Ladies Super Squad 9... I'll get to the range early for a trial. If not, Stage 4 has pretty good reception and is an exciting stage to watch (IMO)... also, the first squad to shoot there is Squad 7, Mens Super Squad.

If anyone is wondering why the camera is so far away from the stages... it's because the bays are SO huge and the further in the bay I get, the less cell reception is available. I'm actually pretty darn impressed with Verizon. There are a lot of people who can't even make a phone call when I'm able to stream video (albeit not the greatest quality). I reviewed some of the Live recorded webcasts last night and there are times where there is some pretty good webcasting. They're all available for viewing too. If you're patient, you can navigate forward during the boring parts by clicking on the progress bar. It just takes a little time to catch up. I'll look into editing out the down-time parts and keeping the better quality recordings later... I see a new edit option available, yay!

Wish me luck!

:D

Well, everytime I attempt these webcasts, I learn something new. This is a great experience for me. Despite impossible cell reception, I think the changes I've made to my set up are big improvements. Also, this time I walk away with a goal to improve sound quality in certain (aka WINDY) weather conditions. So far, I'll pretty much attempt coverage in any weather conditions except rain/snow. The heat and the sand have taken a bit of a toll on my equipment. I'll have to upgrade my broadband card soon anyway... but maybe shred - aka Roy Stedman would help with de-sanding the internals of my laptop...? <<<batting eyelashes>>>.

Thanks to all of you who have posted videos and pictures-Julie, Sharyn, the others I don't know.....I have been keenly interested and being able to see stages run and walk throughs done is awesome. Really appreciate it. On a technical note-what you need on the microphone is a compressor. It keeps the microphone from recording sound until the loudness of a speaking voice triggers it.They make portable audio packs with a couple of compressors and a couple of sound and or video signal processors fitting in the space of a small handbag-check out JR Audio in NYC or B&H Photo, Audio, Video in NYC. They both have websites. I know it's not going to help you for this year, but they may be able to help you at a reasonable cost. You may also try foam rubber around the mic-like the kind in Pelican cases, but from what I hear of the wind, that may not help.