Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Open/Production Nationals

Sharyn

Some of you may have seen my webcast of last years USPSA Limited/Production/Revolver Nationals... well, I'll be at it again this year in Las Vegas!!!

I'll primarily be focusing on the Women of USPSA to promote a new project created by Julie (Goloski) Golob, Kippi Leatham and myself. I'll try and cover as much as possible and hope to include interviews, live updates, and of course INTERACTIVE CHAT! :D

So, become a fan on Facebook, receive tweets from Twitter and check it out at http://womenofuspsa.com !!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome and THANK YOU!!! Please tell all your friends! :D

I'm really excited about this and wanted to share... I bought a new webcam today and I really think it's going to be a BIG improvement over the other one. Not only is the video quality better (albeit limited by the internet connection) but it allows me to view my monitor while broadcasting. This way, I'll be able to make adjustments to video angle, brightness/contrast, etc. and my big noggin won't be in front of the camera. This is really great for me and I hope you all enjoy the upgrade too.

Please, please, PLEASE get the word out to your friends and fellow shooting enthusiasts! Send out an email to your shooting groups, etc. Have your family watch from home and stop by the webcast and say "HELLO!" to them!!! Tell your mother you love her, LIVE from Las Vegas!!!

This is going to be the BEST broadcast YET!!! We'll be sending out Twitter updates to inform you when we're going LIVE and what the coverage will be... so sign up with Twitter and get your Women of USPSA tweets!!!

This webcast and promotion of Women of USPSA is the ONLY reason I'm flying out to Las Vegas (well, not the ONLY...) so TUNE IN!!!!

http://womenofuspsa.com

http://womenofuspsa.com/webcast.html

Edited by Sharyn

LOL!!! Yeah, I needed something that moved quickly to test on... so, now my fish are internet superstars! :roflol: Please understand that no matter what that video quality was going to be terrible. With flourescent lighting in the tank, sunlight in the background, glass fishtank walls between the fish and the glaring monitor screen... all was not going to be pretty. I was also playing with frame rate and, besides Bali, our house has THE WORST broadband connection... so, that was a TEST! :D You can see the difference in video quality at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/uspsa-open-09 and while you're there... click on Follow as well as sign up with Social Stream!

Absolutely on the photo upload! We have the gallery set up for that very purpose!!! The software is on the server, we just have to customize the layout... we're getting there! :D

Anyone and everyone is welcome to upload to the gallery (http://womenofuspsa.com/gallery - cosmetically still under construction).

Also, if you are a Facebook member, become a Fan of Women of USPSA and you can upload photos as well as video there!!!

Sharyn, looks like were are going to be spoiled for coverage. :cheers:

I just checked the squadding list and I am on a squad (29) with some of the best ladies shooters in Open/Production and the opposite schedule (9) has some of the remaining top women shooters. So I hope to take photos and shoot on squad 29 and then work the other half of the day taking shots of squad 9 and doing some write-ups in the evening for my proposed Front Sight article(s).

Assuming my writing skills have not gotten to rusty then, perhaps we can get detailed coverage in Front Sight this year.

Sharyn, since I am shooting on squad 21 I will see what I can do about getting some photos for you to use. Camera with cabled remote and a tripod that can be placed *safely* down range of the shooters. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help promote the site, I will see what I can do about getting a link put up on our clubs web site as well as some of the other shooting sports sites in my area.

Joe W.

WOW!

Thanks everyone. Needless to say we are excited about this project! :)

We'd like to have coverage of not just the ladies super squad but all the talented women shooting the matches. Sharyn and Kippi have been working hard to get the websites and live action prepped. To make it easier to cover the event, for those of you who have been so generous in offering your help, would you email me (jgoloski @ hotmail.com) the following info:

Name:

Are you shooting Open/Prd:

Squad you are on:

Are you shooting Limited/L10/Revo:

Squad you are on:

Do you have a camera to take photos:

Do you have a video camera to take video:

We promise not to work you too hard, ;) but it would be great to organize our efforts in advance for well rounded coverage. Though we won't have live video of the Lim/L10/Revo match, we still like to get as many photos and videos as possible there too. Thanks so much once again for all your support everyone.

Julie

Edited by 99gski

Hope it's okay to post this here, slight thread drift:

Here's my first pass at a schedule for taking photos at the match for the Open/Production Ladies squads (9 & 10)

I'm not sure how I will be getting around the range (it looks huge on google-earth) and I need to be at each stage before they give the briefing, so I may have to pull the camera when there are one/two shooters left so I can get over to the next stage in time. I am going to make sure that I get some shots of all the shooters on Squads 9 & 10 over the four days

Saturday 08:45 to 10:15 Stage 10 Squad 10/9

Saturday 11:00 to 11:45 Stage 13 Squad 10

Sunday 12:30 to 14:00 Stage 14 Squad 10/9

Sunday 14:00 to 15:30 Stage 16 Squad 10/9

Sunday 15:30 to 16:15 Stage 1 Squad 10

Monday 08:00 to 08:45 Stage 1 Squad 9

Monday 09:30 to 11:00 Stage 4 Squad 10/9

Monday 11:00 to 11:45 Stage 6 Squad 10

Tuesday 12:00 to 13:00 Stage 6 Squad 9

Tuesday 13:00 to 15:00 Stage 8 Squad 10/9

I think I am just as excited about taking the photos as I am about shooting the match ! B)

Hope it's okay to post this here, slight thread drift:

Here's my first pass at a schedule for taking photos at the match for the Open/Production Ladies squads (9 & 10)

I think I am just as excited about taking the photos as I am about shooting the match ! B)

:) Sounds GREAT! We pretty excited too.

Thank you so much!

Julie

Absolutely on the photo upload! We have the gallery set up for that very purpose!!! The software is on the server, we just have to customize the layout... we're getting there! :D

Anyone and everyone is welcome to upload to the gallery (http://womenofuspsa.com/gallery - cosmetically still under construction).

Hi,

How do I do the UPLOAD thing on the Gallery page ? I think I need to register somewhere but I'm not finding it. I'd like to upload some shots while at Nationals if possible.

Thanks

For those doing the media thing at Nats...Please check in with the CRO prior to starting. They will tell you what they will allow. With so many doing the media thing now the potential for a problem is a lot higher.

Thanks!!!

For those doing the media thing at Nats...Please check in with the CRO prior to starting. They will tell you what they will allow. With so many doing the media thing now the potential for a problem is a lot higher.

Thanks!!!

And a big Thank You for working the match so we can play!

:bow:

Thanks!!!

Is there a CRO for each stage or one for the match ? I got authorisation from the MD (via email) about setting up the downrange camera. Is there any way to find out what restrictions there will be prior to the start of the match ? I was hoping to figure out the camera setups during the Friday walkthroughs...

Thanks

Thanks!!!

Is there a CRO for each stage or one for the match ? I got authorisation from the MD (via email) about setting up the downrange camera. Is there any way to find out what restrictions there will be prior to the start of the match ? I was hoping to figure out the camera setups during the Friday walkthroughs...

Thanks

There is a CRO for each stage. Getting the MD's blessing in advance was a good move. However, please check with the CRO on each stage for guidance as they'll be intimately familiar with the camera positions that might present a challenge for the crew on that particular stage. Most might be able to suggest the best vantage point and save you some trouble and missed opportunities.

Thanks for the info, I will still examine the stages on Friday and figure out all the measurements and stuff but now I'll have to figure out multiple locations for each stage in case the CRO wants it to be in a specific place.

This is the only way to ensure that I don't delay the match or be mucking around downrange while the shooters are doing their 5 minute walkthrough.

I want to record the event not interfere with it.

Amended schedule, assuming that the stages are available for the camera:

Saturday 08:00 to 10:15 Stage 10 (or 11) Squad 11/10/9

Saturday 11:00 to 11:45 Stage 5 Squad 1

Sunday 09:30 to 10:15 Stage 1 Squad 30

Sunday 12:30 to 14:00 Stage 14 Squad 10/9

Sunday 14:00 to 15:30 Stage 16 Squad 10/9

Sunday 15:30 to 16:15 Stage 1 Squad 10

Monday 08:00 to 08:45 Stage 10 Squad 1

Monday 08:45 to 11:00 Stage 4 Squad 11/10/9

Monday 11:00 to 11:45 Stage 6 Squad 10

Tuesday 12:00 to 13:00 Stage 6 Squad 9

Tuesday 13:00 to 15:00 Stage 8 Squad 10/9