Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

We met with the Benelli USA rep today and struck an agreement with them to bring 30+ shotguns (sporting & tactical) to the LaRue shoot for your shooting fun. Benelli reps will be there to answer all your questions and would appreciate your comments & suggestions.

We will have a range setup for shot and slug testing, just bring your favorite brand of ammo and have a blast.

FredQ

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We met with the Benelli USA rep today and struck an agreement with them to bring 30+ shotguns (sporting & tactical) to the LaRue shoot for your shooting fun. Benelli reps will be there to answer all your questions and would appreciate your comments & suggestions.

We will have a range setup for shot and slug testing, just bring your favorite brand of ammo and have a blast.

FredQ

Wow... That is great news. Perhaps the 3 Gun shooting population will be recognized and supported in some form....

What is the latest update on number of entries?

I was told this morning that the match is full...

FredQ

Actually, we still have about 20 openings. I just returned at midnight Monday from Las Vegas. . .to a huge pile of envelopes for LaRue Tactical 3 Gun. I opened them all Tuesday morning & when I spoke to Greg Coker, I told him the match looked full based on a rough count of the applications. Once I got them all entered into the computer program & sent out confirmations, it was clear that some were for Friday shooters (staff & others who need to shoot Friday only) and some were from sponsored shooters (that 180 number is for PAID entries).

So please get the application in quickly if you would like to shoot the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

FredQ

Wow cool! Will we be able to use them during the match? I have my duty benelli, but it only holds 7 total with a ghost load. I'm trying to find a good +2 extension before then, but I'm not having luck as of yet. It would be nice if we could borrow a competitive gun :)

A

That is great Benelli is coming!

Just wonder if there is anything in the works if Dillion will bring the mini gun back this year?.... that was way too cool last year!

Linda,

When are we going to get a min. round count for the match? some of us do need alittle time to get the ammo we need for the match, especially if our normal suppliers are out of stock or backordered on certain ammo or componets.

Thanks.

Edited by B_Ayers

Linda,

When are we going to get a min. round count for the match? some of us do need alittle time to get the ammo we need for the match, especially if our normal suppliers are out of stock or backordered on certain ammo or componets.

Thanks.

Figure taking 250 rounds of each and 100 slugs, and you will have a good kit of ammo for the match with some to take back home.

Besides, they may not yet have the stages finalized, and asking for round counts will not speed up the process.

jj

Linda,

Thanks.

Figure taking 250 rounds of each and 100 slugs, and you will have a good kit of ammo for the match with some to take back home.

Besides, they may not yet have the stages finalized, and asking for round counts will not speed up the process.

jj

AND 100 SLUGS!!!!! :surprise: and add a bottle of Asprin :roflol:

Jim M ammo

Edited by M ammo

I PMed SGDM this question but I guess he has not seen it.

Does anyone know how the shotgun rules will apply to Saiga 12 gauges? I plan on using mine with 8 round magazines and iron sights and I think that will be kosher. But I am also thinking about using a magazine well. There was a lot of verbage about factory shotgun setup but nobody shoots Saiga 12 gauges in their factory config. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks,

jrmock

Does anyone know how the shotgun rules will apply to Saiga 12 gauges? I plan on using mine with 8 round magazines and iron sights and I think that will be kosher. But I am also thinking about using a magazine well. There was a lot of verbage about factory shotgun setup but nobody shoots Saiga 12 gauges in their factory config. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks,

jrmock

Magwells are permitted on handguns, that's already been covered. There has never been any question that I am aware of about the Arredondo magwell for AR15's nor has anyone ever restricted the work that Benny and a lot of others do opening up the loading ports on Benelli's and Remingtons. Based on that, I'd say that magwells on Saiga's would be legit.

There's a line in the rules (1.4.1) that says "non motorized conveyances can be used..."

Can we use 4 wheelers, golf carts, etc. this year?

I couldn't find anything about the Cawthorn Cartridge Club that says if they'd allow anything motorized to help carry stuff around.

There's a line in the rules (1.4.1) that says "non motorized conveyances can be used..."

I couldn't find anything about the Cawthorn Cartridge Club that says if they'd allow anything motorized to help carry stuff around.

See Post #166, Page 7. The short answer is yes.

Cheers,

Kyle

Cheers,

Kyle

So that's what that search function is for.

thanks Kyle and sorry for not doing my homework.

Cheers,

Kyle

So that's what that search function is for.

thanks Kyle and sorry for not doing my homework.

No Worries! Enjoy!

Thanks,

jrmock

Magwells are permitted on handguns, that's already been covered. There has never been any question that I am aware of about the Arredondo magwell for AR15's nor has anyone ever restricted the work that Benny and a lot of others do opening up the loading ports on Benelli's and Remingtons. Based on that, I'd say that magwells on Saiga's would be legit.

I had no problems with the saiga I shot last year. It did not have a mag well though. The one thing that I did get confirmed last year and was told was a go was the poly choke. I guess it is still good to go this year? I ran 12, 8 and 5 round mags. But never loaded more than the max 9 in the gun. It was not a stock saiga but at the same time it was by far no open gun. I also ran a Arredondo mag well on my ar and had no problems. I used the firebird p mag coupler and it was able to clear the Arredondo. Fine. So I had one 30 mag and the other had a 45 round mag. It allowed me to have my ammo close on the gun and depending on the shooting postion I could make a quick change coming in on the set up to either a short mag to get low or to go low prone with the 45 rounder and use it like a mono pod.

I had no problems with the saiga I shot last year. It did not have a mag well though. The one thing that I did get confirmed last year and was told was a go was the poly choke. I guess it is still good to go this year? I ran 12, 8 and 5 round mags. But never loaded more than the max 9 in the gun. It was not a stock saiga but at the same time it was by far no open gun. I also ran a Arredondo mag well on my ar and had no problems. I used the firebird p mag coupler and it was able to clear the Arredondo. Fine. So I had one 30 mag and the other had a 45 round mag. It allowed me to have my ammo close on the gun and depending on the shooting postion I could make a quick change coming in on the set up to either a short mag to get low or to go low prone with the 45 rounder and use it like a mono pod.

Looks like we can't use mags over 30 rounds this year...

Thanks,

jrmock

Thanks for the info. I have a polychoke on my gun (non vented) and I plan on using it also. My gun will be pretty tame: iron sights, poly-choke, pistol grip conversion (of course), magwell (maybe).

As an aside, when you (PHolsted) had to swap between slug and shot in the middle of a stage (Shot Shot Shot Slug Shot Shot...etc) what loading technique did you use? I have not taken my Saiga 12 to a 3-gun yet and I have been thinking about the best ways to do ammunition swapping.

Thanks,

jrmock

Most commercially available 10 round single stack magazines (McCormick, Ed Brown, Wilson, Tripp) meet the 170mm length requirement and are legal.

This may be a stupid question but 10rd mags for a single stack 1911...are they OK? I know 170mm OAL but I can't find anywhere that says how long a 10rd mag is...170mm is approximately 6.6in. right?

This a'int USPSA, my match, my rules.

30 round max magazine for AR.

And yes, you can rest your magazine on the ground if you choose.

10 rounders for single stack are approved, you da man. I will attempt to make it single stack friendly...not.

Saiga gunners - no optic, ports, max 9 rounds in gun. There will be multiple shot/slug mix engagements.

You may want to practice turning your rifle 90 degrees left and right to see where you need to hold out to 200 yards. Roll over prone.

You also may want to practice off hand shots with yer rifle out to 150 yards.

A little intel...

jrmock,

load the Saiga just like the tube feeders. Just load in reverse order of how you plan to shoot the stage, if the slug target is at a far distance load 2 slugs back to back and if you hit it on the 1st hit then just launch the other down range in a safe manor and continue. Don't try to swap magazines with slugs and shot...it will only slow you down. Practice....

Hope this helps,

RLTW,

Scot

I didn't see anything in the rules about barrel length limitation on shotgun. Seems like there was a 22" limit last year. Am I to take it that longer than 22" will be o.k. as long as the 9 round limit is not surpassed and the other factors like ported/comp etc... aren't broken?

Thanks

Last year followed the old SOF rules more closely. This year does not. Since there is no length limit listed, there is noe.

I didn't see anything in the rules about barrel length limitation on shotgun. Seems like there was a 22" limit last year. Am I to take it that longer than 22" will be o.k. as long as the 9 round limit is not surpassed and the other factors like ported/comp etc... aren't broken?

Thanks