Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Nat's Ammo

zenshootist

Hello everyone, Ray Witham here. I just got a finalization about the ammo that we've been recieving at American Shooters in Las Vegas. That ammo can be picked up at our facility anytime Mon-Sat, 9am-6pm. Please have photo ID ready. Our facility is located one mile North of the Orleans (match hotel) at:

3440 S. Arville St.

Las Vegas, NV 89102

If anyone has any questions you may contact myself or Keith Wright directly.

Keith Wright/ keithw@cox.net

Ray Witham/ rayw@americanshooters.com

We'll also be giving range passes to everybody in the shooters bags. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the range.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray -

Thanks for doing this - it is a huge help to many people.

If anyone has any questions you may contact myself or Keith Wright directly.

Every one - there are 600 +/- nationals slots. If only 1/3 of the competitor use this service, that's 200 boxes full of ammo. Accepting, storing it, handing it out when people arrive, etc. is a huge amount of unpaid work they are doing for us. They could have charged $5/package (which would have been a bargain for the shooter compared to hotel service charges) and pocketed a $K or two, but they are giving us the service for free - and throwing in range time.

***PLEASE*** don't make Ray and his team regret it by emailing or calling with "check to see if my box arrived". Just imagine the problem of checking for your package in a pile of 200 boxes to email an answer or, worse yet, check while they are on the phone with waiting customers in the shop.

That's what the tracking number UPS gives you is for.

Ray,

you the man.

You have no idea what a weight off of everyone's mind it is/will be that you provided this service.

A question to anyone that might know. Does ammo have to be shipped via any particular service with UPS. I know that firearms have to go overnight service, but I can't find any detail on type of service for ammo. I am hoping ground will do?

Ray,

you the man.

You have no idea what a weight off of everyone's mind it is/will be that you provided this service.

A question to anyone that might know. Does ammo have to be shipped via any particular service with UPS. I know that firearms have to go overnight service, but I can't find any detail on type of service for ammo. I am hoping ground will do?

You just have to have the proper stickers on the box and the box can go cheapest way possible.

Note: You can print the stickers off www.USPSA.org click on the Nationals tab and look around.

Ray,

you the man.

Shipped mine out last week via UPS... Guy behind the counter said it just needed an ORM-D Small Arms Cartridges sticker...... Also said that you could print "ORM-D Small Arms Cartridges" on a piece of paper and tape it to box if you wish. I had absolutely no issue shipping through UPS.. It arrived in LV today actually.

I CAN"T THANK YOU ENOUGH RAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by nwb01

Does ammo have to be shipped via any particular service with UPS. I know that firearms have to go overnight service,

UPS ground only; ORM-D marking required; ship only via UPS pick up or depot; not by drop off at a UPS store or other intermediary service. If you ship it air, UPS will downgrade to ground with no adjustment to this shipping fee.

If you want to get fancy with the labels visit www.uspsa.org/orm-d

Shipped mine via UPS ground. Dropped it at a depot. Told the guy what it was and he helped with the paper work and away it went.

Then on the way home I realized it didn't have the ORM-D label on it. I'm wondering if it will have that on it when I get there????

The tracking number says it will arrive tomorrow.

I'm going to call Ray and see if it arrived and if it has a sticker on it.

haha, just kidding!