Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Louisiana Gator Classic

20 folks in squad 14! :surprise:

Four folks from the FGW shooting team plan on being there. Looking fwd to it also, I hear the food is worth the trip alone. I'm going to stay close to "tad", I know he knows where the good vittles are!

So far there are two Rudy Squad guys on Squad 11, including myself. I'm hoping that we get a few more to join us. Looking forward to shooting with you!

-Nathan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

for the people not from around here that plan on making it. just a heads up it is suppost to rain thursday and friday (sux for the RO's) so people that are shooting saturday and sunday. be ready to play in the mud. it not like the mud (clay) from area 4 either.

yeah, but how about that forecast for Saturday and Sunday? 0% chance of rain, sunny and mid 70s. If that actually happens, that is perfect weather!

We're getting excited, going to practice Wenesday afternoon!

yeah, but how about that forecast for Saturday and Sunday? 0% chance of rain, sunny and mid 70s. If that actually happens, that is perfect weather!

We're getting excited, going to practice Wenesday afternoon!

PRACTICE :surprise: That is cheating :rolleyes:

Trust me, we NEED the practice!

It looks like the first meeting they are announcing on the website is at 7:30 Saturday? Will the range be open Friday afternoon to check in, get t-shirts, and check out the stages?

As far as i know yes to all, the ro's will probably still be swimming, i mean shooting. I am used to that though, i am a strong swimmer.lol. Ed.

Heck, Ed, I practiced my swimming at the October match in Thibodaux and then refined my technique at the RO shoot Thursday at Area 4. I'm READY for this match :roflol:

Glad the weather looks real good for the weekend's shooters.

Curtis

Trust me, we NEED the practice!

Will the range be open Friday afternoon to check in, get t-shirts, and check out the stages?

Should not be a problem. I understand that there will be a cookout for the ROs after we finish shooting on Friday, so there should be people around to take care of you.

Curtis

be ready to play in the mud.

The main bays are well-grassed so they might not be too bad unless they get torn up. We'll see what the weather brings.

I read elsewhere that the match is full: 200 competitors B)

Curtis

The 7 stages I shot today are all very challenging but not impossible. There's a good mix of close stuff, far stuff, and tight shots.

Looks like the weather should be good from here on out.

Be prepared for the soft ground.

Wow, shot all twelve stages today with a group of about ten RO's. Talk about a full day of shooting, I'm wiped out. Anyway, the stages are really good this year with a nice mix of in your face afterburner runs combined with some tighter distance shots where accuracy was at a premium. Bring LOTS of ammo, I think my total for the day was around 350 rounds and I didn't reshoot anything!

They've had a lot of rain in this area lately including a monster of a storm yesterday, but they've done a great job of working the stages around and with a couple of exceptions I felt like the footing was pretty good. The grass in the bays is in good shape and they've put down hay and put in improvised drains where needed. Honestly, after the rain yesterday afternoon/night, I suspect that the RO's got the worst of it and the range will improve all weekend as the conditions now are absolutely beautiful. Clear blue skies, temps in the 70's all weekend. The match is full I hear which is no surprise at all and I'm looking forward to a great weekend. Thanks to Gary, Barbara, Doc, Denise, Forrest, Peggy, and everyone else who work so hard to make this a match not to miss. I'll be working stage 4 with Forrest so be sure to say hi if you're passing through.

John

The match was awesome as always!! Thanks to Doc, the Staff, the ROs and the Sponsors for the hard work and dedication.. The mud was alittle tricky but no problem at all. All of Squad 6 had a blast and I am already making plans to atend this match next year... Again awesome job guys!!!!

Once again nice pic's spanky, glad you did well, in case you guys did not know this guy only started our game in January, Mucho Kudo's Bro! :cheers:

Yeah Spanky congrats, you shot a great match! :cheers:

Thanks to all who put such hard work and effort into this match. Also a HUGE thank you to the sponsors!!!! It was great as usual! For those who didn't make it, you missed out on an awesome match!

Jimmy

Susan and I really had a great time at this match. I've got to say the RO's were the friendliest people I have ever seen. You La. folks are awesome! I didn't shoot the best match, but I guess it was good enough this time. Food was incredible and the prize table seemed to go on for miles. To Gary and Barbara, Doc and the RO staff, thanks for making us feel welcome and for all your hard work. We'll be back!!! :cheers: