Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Louisiana Gator Classic

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone tent camp here? What about at nearby campgrounds? Can I use my ATV to schelp our gear from stage to stage?

Your best bet to find out about campgrounds would be to check with Gary Thibodaux. ATV's aren't allowed, except for match staff. There are 12 pistol bays but you shouldn't need an ATV to haul your gear. All the bays are side by side.

What's the scheduling like for this match? Fly in Friday, register/shoot Saturday, shoot Sunday, fly out Monday?

H.

I was told 8 stages on Saturday and 4 stages Sunday morning - break for lunch Sunday and then awards.

Looks like we are going to have another great turn out. 172 shooters registered so far. Of these there are 40 Production shooters.

Some of the more familar names coming are Manny Bragg (LTD), Matt Mink (PROD), Blake Miguez (LTD), Johnny Brister (SSTK), James Louque (OPN), Annette and Elloit Aysen (REV). So GMs in every division.

Looks like we are going to have another great turn out. 172 shooters registered so far. Of these there are 40 Production shooters.

Some of the more familar names coming are Manny Bragg (LTD), Matt Mink (PROD), Blake Miguez (LTD), Johnny Brister (SSTK), James Louque (OPN), Annette and Elloit Aysen (REV). So GMs in every division.

Looks like you ended up on a pretty stacked squad for Production. ;)

Not many Prod shooters on my squad but I'm banking on James giving me some tips. :D

Edited by spankaveli

Oh, I am happy as a tornado in a trailer park. Squadded up with Guy Diebold and Kevin Fitzpatrick and of course Matt Mink (the maker of my CZ 85). Get to watch 12 stages with people who have near perfect form and technique. The squad is mostly production shooters with 2 LTD a couple of SSTK shooters. I think I am going to have to get to bigger memory card for my camera because I am surely going to be filming this match.

All you have to do is ask James. He has helped me alot since I started. At the least, he is gauranteed to be the clown of the group and keep you laughing the entire time, esp with Scooter on that squad too. As the saying goes - DO NOT let Scooter near your stuff.

Edited by toddrod

Oh, I am happy as a tornado in a trailer park. Squadded up with Guy Diebold and Kevin Fitzpatrick and of course Matt Mink (the maker of my CZ 85). Get to watch 12 stages of people who have near perfect form and technique. The squad is most production shooters with 2 LTD a couple of SSTK shooters. I think I am going to have to get to bigger memory card for my camera because I am surely going to be filming this match.

All you have to do is ask James. He has helped me alot since I started. At the least, he is gauranteed to be the clown of the group and keep you laughing the entire time, esp with Scooter on that squad too.

Yeah, you got on a great squad for sure.

I spoke to James a bit back and forth on BSC and he's going to "coach me along." :rofl: Hopefully between A4 this weekend and that pistol class next weekend I can make some much needed improvements. My mental game is what's beating me right now.

20 folks in squad 14! :surprise:

Four folks from the FGW shooting team plan on being there. Looking fwd to it also, I hear the food is worth the trip alone. I'm going to stay close to "tad", I know he knows where the good vittles are!

Edited by kgunz11

20 folks in squad 14! :surprise:

Four folks from the FGW shooting team plan on being there. Looking fwd to it also, I hear the food is worth the trip alone. I'm going to stay close to "tad", I know he knows where the good vittles are!

That's one of the two RO squads shooting Thurs/Fri so we won't be in anyone's way. :D

I went to the site, who are the sponsors for the match this year? I just saw 2008 match sponsors

I'm a match sponsor and last I heard they are collecting all the prizes right now. I assume at that point they may publish a list. You could email the coordinator at gatbullets@charter.net (Gary or Barbara) and ask...