Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Shooter Leaves CA

JimmyZip

I feel totally bummed!

A-class USPSA shooter, and all around great guy Henry Toribio, and his shooting clan are moving to Austin TX. Please you guys, take him in and be good to him. He is a gamer and a graceful shooter. Plus as stated before he is a great person.

We will miss you Henry. Please call when you can.

He is the guy who really got me excited and kept me going when I felt like giving up. Guess I've got to spread my wings and fly now.

Good luck budddy!

Is it that bad in California?

In my current situation, I can't think of any other state I'd rather live in. Yes, California has it's flaws (and quite a few of them), but there are other things here that make up for it.

With that said, the gf and I have talked about where to move to once it's time to settle down and start a family. ;)

It all comes down to what your priorities are.

Edited by gose

Is it that bad in California?

If dont think being taxed to death, having shooting ranges & guns stores die off, and state agencies just waiting for you to slip up so they can take your guns and toss you in jail, then no, it's not too bad out here. The weather and restaurants are nice. Starbucks on every other street corner. The occasional fire burning through your neighborhood is a slight inconvenience. Sometimes a traffic jam here or there :wacko:

If I move, more like Phonenix,Arizona where there's a lot of shooting and close to range.

I know a fellow shooter that also moved to Texas and said 2hrs or more to the IPSC game once a month?

no IPSC every week?

Texas is a big place. Pretty active shooting around San Angelo. Lots of shooting in the Houston area. Draw a line from Waco to Corpus Christi and you can wear a pistol and a Dillon out. Probaly lots of places I left out, That still leaves a lot of terrority. Like I said, its a big place.-------------Larry

If I move, more like Phonenix,Arizona where there's a lot of shooting and close to range.

I know a fellow shooter that also moved to Texas and said 2hrs or more to the IPSC game once a month?

no IPSC every week?

Texas is a big place. Pretty active shooting around San Angelo. Lots of shooting in the Houston area. Draw a line from Waco to Corpus Christi and you can wear a pistol and a Dillon out. Probaly lots of places I left out, That still leaves a lot of terrority. Like I said, its a big place.-------------Larry

As someone who moved from the Phoenix area.. Id say Phoenix is better for matches. I am in Plano Texas and have to drive at least an hour to an IDPA or IPSC match. I havent been to an IPSC match yet... IDPA is pretty regular 1-3 times a week. However, it seems IPSC is once a month unless I am missing a club.

If you move to Phoenix, go to Mesa.. close to Usery Pass. Tuesday Night steel is great there. I beileve there are IPSC matches there too.

There is a match every Saturday of the month around these parts. Sad part is that none are closer than 58 miles driving distance. My monthly routine is

Tyler 1st sun.,

Greenville on the 2nd sat.,

Waco on the 3rd sat. and

Double tap in Wichita Falls on the 4th sat.

steel matches on the 3rd and 4th sun.

IDPA on the 2nd and 4th sun. (these are in town at least.)