Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip picture thread?

steel1212

Here's mine. Pachmayr with finger separating bumps and rear nub sanded down. This fills my long skinny fingers and grips well with my big, sweaty palms.

Reduced 96%

2240 x 1488 (867.77K)

I'm actually considering this option vs. the S&W X-frame grip. Would you know it's pros and cons?

Thanks Sir

Here's mine. Pachmayr with finger separating bumps and rear nub sanded down. This fills my long skinny fingers and grips well with my big, sweaty palms.

Reduced 96%

2240 x 1488 (867.77K)

I'm actually considering this option vs. the S&W X-frame grip. Would you know it's pros and cons?

Thanks Sir

I haven't tried the X-frame grip, but I would like to. Looks like it may also be a good fit for me.

Jerry V. Who did the Dragonskin checkering? Looks KEWL.

Hogue offers it for a extra $10, they also offer other patterns.

It just got a new cylinder and 5" barrel (prefer it over the 6"), seems someone was having a bad day back in 1987 when they drilled the chambers, as two were a little off center, which is why I was so much problems using moonclips. It works MUCH better now :cheers:

These grips should IDPA legal : same wood & checkering, except fingergrooved, on a 5" 686+ which I've been using for ICORE & Steel while the other was being rebuildt

Edited by Jerry V

It just got a new cylinder and 5" barrel (prefer it over the 6"), seems someone was having a bad day back in 1987 when they drilled the chambers, as two were a little off center, which is why I was so much problems using moonclips. It works MUCH better now :cheers:

The late '80s were not good years at the S&W factory. Sometimes when I take the sideplate off a gun from that era, I just look in there and think, "Where do I even begin?"

The late '80s were not good years at the S&W factory. Sometimes when I take the sideplate off a gun from that era, I just look in there and think, "Where do I even begin?"

WARNING: Thread Drift

Ya, that's what I was told by someone who worked at the factory during that time peroid, it wasn't until the Brits bought it and put money into fixing & upgrading the worn out machinery, that things got turned around.

Thread Drift off :rolleyes:

allright i have to ask ......Is that a "thong" on the grips?

I thought a butt like that needed a thong.... actual mint dental floss :roflol:

Dave, A mint flavored thong.....Yep you're just sick..... :roflol:

Dave, A mint flavored thong.....Yep you're just sick..... :roflol:

I personify that remark :wacko:

The big butt was going to be my ticket to fame and glory @ Far and Near this year. I figured that once I went prone and planted that big ol' butt down on the ground the X hits couldn't help but happen. Now we'll never know :ph34r:<_<

• 1 year later...

post-11529-1245535608_thumb.jpg

I like the look of that set up Bill! I have short fingers but bifold palms so this might be a good option for me, thanks.

Hello: Do all of the Big Butt grips have a open backstrap? Just wondering about the half rubber/half wood? I really like the looks of these grips. Thanks, Eric

the do make rubber BBs, but not like you are thinking. They are basically a Hogue rubber monogrip with the wood BB base. I have a picture laying around here somewhere I will try and post. Or look at my Avatar - lol.

Lee

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

Hello: Do all of the Big Butt grips have a open backstrap? Just wondering about the half rubber/half wood? I really like the looks of these grips. Thanks, Eric

the do make rubber BBs, but not like you are thinking. They are basically a Hogue rubber monogrip with the wood BB base. I have a picture laying around here somewhere I will try and post. Or look at my Avatar - lol.

Lee

Pictures and a GREAT place to get both the Wood and Rubber Big Butt grips: HERE