Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 South Carolina Section Championship

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a total of 195 competitors at the 2010 South Carolina USPSA Championship this past weekend. Congratulations to all of our winners:

Chris Tilley - Open Division Winner

Todd Jarret - Limited Division Winner

Michael Holler - Production Division Winner

Rob Jesse - Single Stack Division Winner

Josh Lentz - Revolver Division Winner

James Smith - Limited 10 Division Winner

Rebecca Jones - High Lady Open Division

Sarah Irish - Top Junior Open Division

Matthew Pressley - Top Junior Limited Division

Sandra Orvig - High Lady Limited Division

Our State Champions are:

Clint Upchurch - Open Division

Robbie Wheaton - Limited Division

Bob Bailey - Production Division

Eddie Hughes - Revolver Division

James Smith - Limited 10 Division

Congratulations!

I also want to recognize all of our sponsors for the match:

Red Dot Shooting

Rugged Gear

Redding Reloading

Starline

Montana Gold

Rainier Ballistics

Velocity Shooter

Chris Paty Winning Shooting Supplies

STI

PrenmEar Hearing

We really appreciate their support. Please remember to thank them and send business their way!

Finally, I want to thank our Mid-Carolina Rifle Club crew and volunteers for supporting USPSA and our state matches for the last 7 years. Always, thanks to Linda Chico for keeping things running smoothly and to our Club President - Tom Thompson and our Range Master - Donnie Bryson. We are going to give the club a break. The 2011 South Carolina Section Championship will be held at Palmetto Gun Club in Charleston, Sc, on May 6-7, 2011. Lee King will be the Match Director (sucker!) :devil::devil: .

I also want to thank the crew from Palmetto Gun Club (Chester, Aline, Lee, Mike, Geroge and Mike) for supporting our match every year. They always bring a challenging stage to the match. Also, thanks to James Flowers for designing and bringing a stage this year. Finally, a big thanks to Stan Johnson and the Pinetuckey crew for bringing two stages to the match.....

I have uploaded some pictures I took to the South Carolina Section's Facebook page - if you took some at the match please feel free to share pix on FB. I will also upload them on the section website soon.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support of the match. See you on the range...

Thanks Jack,but Greg is a good friend of mine AND I don't think HE,will share this,,congrats,Greg Queen SC.REV CHAMPION--BUT I DID GET HIE CHECK---

my bad Greg and Eddie. I was a little tired when I posted this.

Weren't there any SS shooters from SC?

Also, who won the best stage?

Thanks for another great match. I hate to hear that it won't be in Columbia next year, but I understand you guys have a pretty full plate with everything you have planned for the near future. Also thanks for the early announcement of the match date.

Weren't there any SS shooters from SC?

Also, who won the best stage?

Thanks for another great match. I hate to hear that it won't be in Columbia next year, but I understand you guys have a pretty full plate with everything you have planned for the near future. Also thanks for the early announcement of the match date.

Yes. John Hill lives in S.C. and is our new state champion.

The best stage went to the Palmetto Gun Club crew - Stage 1. O can guarantee that the PGC crew will do just as good of a job as MCRC did. They do a great job and have a fantastic facility - grass all around and wider bays. If you have never shot a match there , you owe it to yourself to pay them a visit . They run an awesome monthly match. Stage 1 is a classic example of the quality of stages you get monthly at PGC.

Thanks to Jack, Linda, Donnie and everyone else who made this match happen. I had a blast shooting my first major in Open. The staff was professional as always and the stages were challenging and fun. Looking forward to going to PGC next year.

As long as I don't have to paste at PGC it's all good cheers.gif

If you show up to shoot the SC State Match on a Saturday & someone asks you to paste targets, or re-set steel, please buy a nice bouquet for my grave -- because it will happen over my dead body.

There are a number of things that are "traditional" at the SC State Match.

1. We never shoot a classifier stage.

2. We never give away free shirts - shirt sales (not entry fees) are used to support expenses for the staff.

3. We always staff the stages so that shooters do not have to assist with re-setting the stage.

4. We are a cash payback match & we take that very seriously. We paid out $12000 to 54 division, class and category winners, for a 62% return of entry fees in cash payback.

5. We have an old fashioned awards banquet.

6. We have a great "after party" that follows the banquet.

My job is not just registration and stats. I always keep an eye on the budget, and I like that these traditional elements of our match are continued. You should know what to expect when you sign up for our match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 SC State Match

As a RO at my first Level II match, I'll have to note how impressed I was when lots of shooters thanked us before leaving our stage. They were as hyped up as could be, and out there almost as long as we were. Even with their focus on the game, "U" to "GM" shooters took a minute to say "Thanks". It was much appreciated, as was RoadRunner with the Gatorade.

Leam

As a RO at my first Level II match, I'll have to note how impressed I was when lots of shooters thanked us before leaving our stage. They were as hyped up as could be, and out there almost as long as we were. Even with their focus on the game, "U" to "GM" shooters took a minute to say "Thanks". It was much appreciated, as was RoadRunner with the Gatorade.

Leam

Leam,

This is a volunteer sport....without guys like you and James doing all the hard work, matches like this one would never be successful. Thanks again for helping us out.

To Jack, Linda, and all the countless others that made the SC Section Match happen:

BRAVO! What a good time!

I suppose that bringing a van full of guys that are materially responsible for the setup and administration of the matches in Fredericksburg VA, might yield some criticism, but we all had a fantastic time. The stages were, in my opinion, as they should be. Long, challenging, and fun to shoot. The omission of a classifier is a great idea. Its a complete waste of 12 rounds in a section level match. And not pasting? Wow. That's a thing of beauty!

The folks running the stages and the match were all cordial, helpful and professional. You guys put on a great show.

The only regret was that it was 8 stages instead of 10. The weather was perfect and I was having fun... another stage or two would have been great.

Anyway, from outside looking in, congrats on a great match!

To Jack, Linda, and all the countless others that made the SC Section Match happen:

BRAVO! What a good time!

I suppose that bringing a van full of guys that are materially responsible for the setup and administration of the matches in Fredericksburg VA, might yield some criticism, but we all had a fantastic time. The stages were, in my opinion, as they should be. Long, challenging, and fun to shoot. The omission of a classifier is a great idea. Its a complete waste of 12 rounds in a section level match. And not pasting? Wow. That's a thing of beauty!

The folks running the stages and the match were all cordial, helpful and professional. You guys put on a great show.

The only regret was that it was 8 stages instead of 10. The weather was perfect and I was having fun... another stage or two would have been great.

Thank you, Seth! I appreciate y'all coming down and supporting our match. I got clearance from "the boss" to shoot the Virginia/Maryland Sectional so y'all will see me in May. Looking forward to it.

BRAVO! What a good time!

Hi Seth,

The decision to not shoot classifiers is really financial. The additional cost to the match for a classifier stage would take a few hundred dollars out of the checks we award to shooters: $4.00 per shooter rather than $2.50 per shooter.

And the 8 stages worked quickly because we had beautiful weather. In year's past, with rain or other problems with the weather, we were really pushing the awards banquet start time. With 10 stages, a bit of bad weather, or an arbitration, or a squad that needs to re-shoot a stage, will keep everyone at the range too late.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 SC State Match Statistician

I have worked the SC Sectional during several rainy years. Usually, the stage screws worked through lunch in order to try and keep the squads moving to finish up at a reasonable time. This year was beautiful! We had enough workers to split and run the stage with half while half went to eat. We finished our last squad 10 minutes after they would have started their walk-thru based on the schedule.

Linda and Jack have been a pleasure to work for and I am sure that Lee will strive hard to continue the tradition.

A true WORLD class event. Thanks to all for such a great match! Hard to beat a match run this well, shot this cheap and paid back like this. Makes you wonder why other matches don't run like this. Thanks again to all, I can't wait until next year.

Make that Lee & Linda. You can't get rid of me that easily. Poor Lee is going to feel like I have moved into his living room :D

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 SC State Match Statistician

Coffee... check... Chocolate... (shopping list).. Tia Maria.. (shopping list) Bed... check :)

First I want to thank Caroline, John, Elizabeth and Jack Suber for opening their home to my son and me as in years past. :bow:

To the match's organizers, thanks for having us again; it's our pleasure to work this match. :cheers:

To Friday's squad 5, awesome day! :cheers:

To the rest of the crew of stage 5, especially our CRO Ms. Sandra "Wooohooo" Orvig, thanks for making the work so easy. :cheers:

To all the shooters, thanks for all the handshakes and THANK YOUs. :cheers:

Next year the Colón's will be at Charleston as well.

Edited by Nemo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...