Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where is the best place to stay in Breckenridge?

Fort Worth. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

NO doubt!! I know there isn't much out there. I grew up just down the road, in Mineral Wells. I could stay at my Dad's place in Mwells or my In-laws in Weatherford.

You coming to Tyler next week?

Working on trying to go to this one. I'll have some Solo1000 for powder here in about a month. Primers are well...primers. I've got bullets galore. Now if I can convince maybe my Rudy teammate Nick "The Six" to go or Mr. Keigans to travel a little west.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heard about this on another forum.

AS OF JULY 1 2009---THE TEXAS STATE LIMITED IS POSTPONEDWITH FUTURE DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED, REASON ---LACK OF ENTRIES!!

ANY ENTRIES THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN THE SYSTEM WILL BE RETURNED UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE .

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE IN THIS MATTER.

JIMMY AND ARTIE MITCHELL

TSL STAFF '09

http://www.bulletworks.com/index.html

Heard about this on another forum.

AS OF JULY 1 2009---THE TEXAS STATE LIMITED IS POSTPONEDWITH FUTURE DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED, REASON ---LACK OF ENTRIES!!

ANY ENTRIES THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN THE SYSTEM WILL BE RETURNED UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE .

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE IN THIS MATTER.

JIMMY AND ARTIE MITCHELL

TSL STAFF '09

http://www.bulletworks.com/index.html

That bites, guess I better cancel my hotel. Pretty disappointing... :(

Im thinking lack of RO entries ,probably; from what Ive heard.

My app was about to get sent in this week, even though I booked a room a few weeks ago.

Very disappointing. This was a fun match, and I have a belt buckle to prove it.

Edited by mike cyrwus

I was ready to send mine in as well. I had clicked on here(BE) while I was getting ready to print out the app, when I saw the notice. It is a real shame. I have enjoyed this match every year since I started shooting uspsa.

I'm sure it is hard to get R.O.s when you can't compensate them very well. If you can't afford to do the match, you can't afford it & that is all there is, unfortunately.

I will miss Breckenridge & the Mitchells.

MLM

Im thinking lack of RO entries

Not so much. The San Angelo folks (who have been RO'ing this match for Artie and Jim for years) were told that they were not needed this year, and that Jim had enough RO's without 'em.

Alex

That is interesting!

MLM

Im thinking lack of RO entries

Not so much. The San Angelo folks (who have been RO'ing this match for Artie and Jim for years) were told that they were not needed this year, and that Jim had enough RO's without 'em.

Alex

Yes, when I talked to Jimmie he said normally by the end of the early entry period (when the price goes up) they have 100 or more entries, this year, only about 20. Jimmie spends several thousands of dollars of the entry fees on the prize table... no entries makes it darn hard to spend money in time to get the prizes in by the date of the match.

On a bright note, Breckenridge (the city) is trying to get some cash together to help with range improvements - seems they've finally noticed the $mil or more of money the match has brought to the city over the years! The shooters pavillion may finally become a reality!

When they pick a date later in the year, I'll be there! At least it'll be cooler!

Bill

This would've been the first year I could've made it! That's too bad...I heard it was a great match. I'm a bit surprised that the prizes are being purchased though...usually a majority of the tables are donations...at least in my limited experience.

Hope Jimmy will be able to find another weekend this year.