Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This would've been the first year I could've made it! That's too bad...I heard it was a great match. I'm a bit surprised that the prizes are being purchased though...usually a majority of the tables are donations...at least in my limited experience.

Hope Jimmy will be able to find another weekend this year.

Most of the smaller stuff is donated I.E. Companies like CED do a one for one sponsorship you buy one you get one free. So half the range bags, timers, chronos etc you see on the table at TSL have been purchased with shooters $$$.

We went to Breckenridge a couple weekends ago and shot their monthly match. We spoke with Jimmie and he said it was indeed a lack of entries. They had only received a total of 18 entries at the time he called the match. On average he has between 80 and 100 entries by that time. He said that on average he puts about 10K+ on a credit card prior to the match for set up, prizes, etc. With only 18 confirmed entries he didn't feel comfortable doing that this year with the economy being what it is. I can totally understand his decision and wish I would have gotten off my butt and sent my application in earlier. I hope we can have this match at a later date. It is one of the best matches in our area.

Jimmie is considering moving the match to May or June of each year and would like shooters input on this so let him know your thoughts on the matter.......

This is a lesson for all of us. If you know you are going to shoot a match get your application in ASAP!! When the Match Director has a good idea of the attendance at an early date he is better able to prepare for a quality match.

• 1 month later...

I just talked to Jimmie Mitchell. The Texas State Limited match will most probably be in May 2010. There are fewer conflicts with other matches and local hotel space. He would appreciate feedback here.

I think a big match earlier in the year is a good idea. I always enjoyed Area 4 back when it was held in May.

Bill