Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Terminator Salvation

Jman

:cheers: Finished reading the book a couple weeks ago and it was action from front to back. Haven't seen the movie yet, doesn't look like it going to follow the book by the trailers that i have seen. :ph34r:

Just came back from watching the movie. Good thing is that it was comprised of 2 hours of action-packed sequences (and boy do I like to see things blow up). Other than that, it was disappointing. The "twists" in the plot that were supposed to make viewers' jaws drop were quite easy to read in the beginning, I can't count the amount of times I thought, "You're kidding me right?", and then there were a lot of eye rolling sequences where I just had to wonder about the common sense of our future's mankind. Bale as John Connor didn't really help things any, in fact half the time I didn't think of him as the main character at all...just this guy that sounds like Batman. The only character I somewhat sympathized with was the Marcus character (you'll see who he is)...he's probably the only emotional guy..and that is pretty sad.

Okay, maybe I'm a little harsh, I did say I liked the battle sequences (and it was great to see the coming summer blockbuster trailers), so there is something good to come out of this film. I rate it 2 out 5.

They sure did a great job on the trailer though...after seeing Terminator I thought of this

for some reason :roflol:

It started off pretty good but went downhill pretty quickly. Wait for the dvd.

I'm not even sure if I'd rent the DVD. Wait for the free copy from your favorite computer geek after he downloads it if he hasn't already....

I went with a few friends and most of us were looking at each other with the "WTF!?" look on our faces about half way through. It's the worst movie I've seen in a while hands down.

If you do see it in the theater and feel like things are going downhill quick about half way... just walk out... the hill stops very quickly and it becomes a cliff.... :rolleyes:

P.S. yes I felt robbed..... :angry2:

Terminator is all about the computers, so here's a program to determine whether to see a Terminator movie:

IF movie_title = 'Terminator*' & pos('Summer Glau',cast_list) = 'TRUE'

THEN

Call Go_See_Movie

ELSE

Call Paint_Garage

horrible. if you downloaded it for free you still lost out on wasted time.

leo

Are you for real? I thought it was a good action movie, with a touch of "romance"..... It was pretty cool though. It didnt have a strong story---true, BUT it did have a TON of action. I could harldy find a time to re-fill my popcorn..... :cheers:

you 2 need to learn suspension of disbelief, i thought the movies was worth it but dont have any idea how they are going to tie in kyle and john knowing each other later on when kyle has to go back in time

It started off pretty good but went downhill pretty quickly. Wait for the dvd.

I'm not even sure if I'd rent the DVD. Wait for the free copy from your favorite computer geek after he downloads it if he hasn't already....

I went with a few friends and most of us were looking at each other with the "WTF!?" look on our faces about half way through. It's the worst movie I've seen in a while hands down.

If you do see it in the theater and feel like things are going downhill quick about half way... just walk out... the hill stops very quickly and it becomes a cliff.... :rolleyes:

P.S. yes I felt robbed..... :angry2:

horrible. if you downloaded it for free you still lost out on wasted time.

leo

Oh, common... that was only the Start of it.. If the thread didn't have "No Spoilers" in the label I'd be going off on this.... Hell, someone could make a movie of the stupid crap in the movie, it's that bad! :sick:

I want to see the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of it.....

It was OK, but they talk about the "machines" having infrared sensors in one scene, couple scenes later they are camped out, no overhead cover, with a bonfire going.