Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone gettng shipments primers from PV?

lugnut

Called PV today just to confirm my order had made it on the b/o list. Ordered on Apr. 8th were 5k FLP. They had no record of it. After a bit of back and forth on the phone turns out it had been placed under someone else's account with the same name. Just a FWIW you might double check. They certainly aren't happy to hear anyone ask about primers, I didn't even ask for any estimated shipping dates, but it might be worth it to make sure you're in the system.

I feel a little better knowing I'm definitely on the waiting list.

Kevin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little off subject in a way.

Those who do business with PV. Would know about the stipulations of doing business with them unless you have a FFL.

For example:

FFL'S ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED. However, Non-FFL'S must send a copy of your driver's license and a statement that the storage does not violate any Federal, State or Local Laws. If you have a FFL, we would like a copy. Please include your Phone Number.

Could some one elaborate on what I have underlined?

I emailed PV asking them to explain what the statment should contain. I have even offered information pertaining to local fire codes.

But they keep sending me replies with nothing more than the line above in bold.

So I am not sure if thats all they want?

Edited by Heavy Barrel

Ordered 10k of Winchester LP Primers and 8 pounds of Clays last week of April, 2009. Just notified of shipping. Should see them next week. Now if they arrive, at least I can start shooting some of the local club matches again.

Ordered 10k of Winchester LP Primers and 8 pounds of Clays last week of April, 2009. Just notified of shipping. Should see them next week. Now if they arrive, at least I can start shooting some of the local club matches again.

I just got notice that my 8# of WST, and 10k FSP primers shipped today. Ill be looking good come next week :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the email that 5k federal LP shipped today. With hazmat and shipping it worked out to $32/k. No gouging there. Ordered on Apr. 8th. Still waiting on some Win. LR and SR, but I'm happy I'm getting something. :cheers:

Kevin

I am waiting on 20K Wolf SP and LP with PV. Order April 24th. I asked for an update via email a couple days ok and they said they still have not gotten any Wolf in. Still waiting.

I ordered 10K of Winchester WSP primers in mid April from PV and still haven’t heard anything about it. I called about a month ago to confirm that my order is still there and they said it was so I guess its just a waiting game. Going on 4 months for a back order with no end in sight is crazy, but I guess we are all in the same boat. I was lucky to snap up some CCI SP primers from Natchezss when they got those in stock but I think their stock of primers got wiped out in less than a day.

It just amazes me that the Primer Manufactures are not doing whatever it takes to meet the demand. They are losing quite a bit of $$$ by not being able to keep up. The companies that are able to get their primers out there will get new following of customers simply because shooters can get them and know they work. I started reloading with Winchester primers and now that I am out of those and using CCI's I am thinking about going with CCI's from now on.

Primer manufacturers have ramped up production by doubling and even tripling in some cases their normal volume. It's not that the primers aren't being made, the problem is that military contracts are consuming them.

BTW, Winchester Small Pistol Primers and Federal Large Rifle Match primers are going to be the hardest to get, as they are the desired product for a lot of the Mil contracts. In the case of the Fed 210M, outside of just being highly sought after, they are the lowest in production.

I had a conversation with somebody from powder valley the other day, to see that I was still on the list. Indeed my name was still there. April 20th, or there abouts. I asked him how far back the last orders that were shipped, to customers, was ordered.

He replied

It is hard to say since we ship out large orders(75k and above) and then fill in the smaller orders with what is left. :surprise::surprise:

I believe March 3rd was the last small order shipped.

Well that seems pretty crappy for the small order guy like myself. :angry2::angry2:

Butch

I had a conversation with somebody from powder valley the other day, to see that I was still on the list. Indeed my name was still there. April 20th, or there abouts. I asked him how far back the last orders that were shipped, to customers, was ordered.

He replied

It is hard to say since we ship out large orders(75k and above) and then fill in the smaller orders with what is left. :surprise::surprise:

Well that seems pretty crappy for the small order guy like myself. :angry2::angry2:

Butch

For the record, they are not shipping any more "large orders". They are allocating no more than 3 cases to any one dealer/person. That way everyone gets some. I have 650,000 primers on order and it is going to effect me somewhat that I am going to dinged so many HazMat charges.

He replied

Butch

They just shipped me a single case, ordered on 4-8-09.

He replied

Butch

What type and brand did you receive? I tried calling them today to verify my order from back in April but no one answered.

What type and brand did you receive? I tried calling them today to verify my order from back in April but no one answered.

I ask them via Email about every 3-4 weeks and get a reply within 24 hours. It is likely they are off until Monday.

Got ahold of a PV this morning.

The Good News - my order from early APR is still in the system.

The Bad News - when I asked the guy who answered the phone if they were getting any Winchester Primers in, he said "No, we're not getting any primers in these days". He said it had been a week since they received ANY Primers of ANY Brand and that they hadn't seen WIN Primers in quite a while. He sounded pretty resigned on the phone - probably gets dozens of these inquiries everyday (some, less than cordial). I had been feeling secure about my small stash lasting until the primer drought came to an end, but am feeling less optomistic now.

Might be time to explore other sources - are you guys having any luck with Cabelas, Grafs, Midway, etc?

Maybe it's time to order that Tactical Solutions .22 topend I've been eyeing??

I ordered some SRP

brunoshooters.com has Federal 205M in stock at $49.95/k OUCH,,

but they did say they were in stock,, at the time I ordered them..

So I'm hopeful,,,

Jim M ammo

He replied

Butch

Hmm, I have a couple of orders before that date, so maybe it wont be too much longer then :)

I just got mine in today. I had federal primers on there but cancelled them. So now I have win primers only in the order. I think my order was sometime in april. I got 10k wsp and 2k wsr. I also got powder with it.

Randy

I just got mine in today. I had federal primers on there but cancelled them. So now I have win primers only in the order. I think my order was sometime in april. I got 10k wsp and 2k wsr. I also got powder with it.

Randy

If you received Winchester Primers from PV today, then it sounds like I was lied to - maybe unintentionally, but lied to regardless. The guy I spoke with specifically told me they hadn't received any WIN primers for several weeks and no primers of any type within the past week. Is it just me, or does the inconsistent communications coming from PV aggrevate anyone else. Seems like everyone who calls there gets a different story. :angry2:

The boxes were dusty, so they could have been waiting on some powder that I also had on order. I ordered a bunch of different primers, then called to cancel the federals. They put a "ship complete" on my order so the primers could have already been in for a month before the powder came in so they could ship it.

The boxes were dusty, so they could have been waiting on some powder that I also had on order. I ordered a bunch of different primers, then called to cancel the federals. They put a "ship complete" on my order so the primers could have already been in for a month before the powder came in so they could ship it.

That makes sense and would explain the inconsistency in what the guy told me. But if you look at just this thread, the folks at PV have told us many different things - ranging from PV is no longer shipping more than 3 cases at a time, all the way to larger orders are being filled first while smaller orders are left to wait. If we really are getting this many different stories from the same distributer, doesn't it make you wonder why?? Maybe just stressed out employees screwing with the clients - "Hey Bob, guess what I told this one guy today who called asking about primers". You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you. :roflol:

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter