Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Aftermarket Sears?

Filishooter

I heard a rumor that Speed Shooter Specialties is now making aftermarket M&P sears cut with the "Pro" profile but I can't find it on their website. Kenny, is this true?

Edited by Filishooter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you saw was a bag full of crap but we didn't know it at the time. After they were added to the website we discovered a problem with the heat treating, once we get that corrected we'll put them back on the site.

What you saw was a bag full of crap but we didn't know it at the time. After they were added to the website we discovered a problem with the heat treating, once we get that corrected we'll put them back on the site.

send me a bag full of crap, please. I have a kiln.

I'd like a few and a few extactors! :cheers:

send me a bag full of crap, please. I have a kiln.

Oh this is gonna be good, you won't need a kiln but you just might need some Febreeze, keep an eye out for the big brown truck.... :surprise:

Big brown truck, this just gets better by the minute :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...

Kenny,

How hard were they?? Can they be drilled and tapped? If so, can I purchase a couple for an experimental trigger modification I want do. The mod involves an adjustment screw in the sear that prevents it from rotating all the way forward when the striker catches it. Anyhow, this will save me a ton of time trying to cobble out something on my own.

Eric

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I too have seen a bag of these sears. The ones I saw were real nice and polished. Between those sears and the titanium FPB plunger it should make for a really sweet drop in trigger job. Some will be easier than others to do, as I've had guns in here you could push the rear sight off with your finger after loosening the set screw and some had to be beat off. The sears though come out looking really nice.

Between those sears and the titanium FPB plunger

Plungers from the same place or where do I need to look for them? (if they are out yet)

TIA

Brent Barbee

Edited by sheepdog

Contact Kenny at speedshooterspecialties.com

He has everything you need for your M&P except the monkey to pull the trigger.

WOW that was fast. Hadn't seen them on the his site, back over to shop.

Edited by sheepdog

We have a few sears ready from a pre-production run, we've had so much trouble with one thing or another we decided to try a different approach. We made a few on an EDM machine and, although they work fine, decided they look much better when they are machined on the VMC so we're setting them up to run on that machine. They may work as is but are not designed to be a drop-in part, they should be fit and polished to get the trigger you want.