Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's Official

JThompson

Thanks guys... EDIT: and Lady. :) I appreciate your kind wishes. Here's the thing... all it means is that I can stand and shoot pretty fast and accurate.

I still have a short term memory issue with remembering a complicated stage plan. I still need work on my reloads and movement. The reason I'm a Master is because the classifiers are geared toward my strongest area.

Notice that both of the classifiers I shot 100% on don't require reloads or movement. I am proud of that last 100 though... it's a tough class and I did well shooting around a very cramped barricade, but there is still lots of work to be done to compete as a Master.

I was speaking to Mark about this same issue... the thing is I could make Gm in short order if I wanted to do so. Alls it would mean is that I can stand and shoot very fast. It would not mean I can compete at that level or even M.

We had long discussions about the class system, so I don't want to turn this thread into one of those, but suffice it to say, this M class proves my point. I'm glad the USPSA is moving to change the classifiers system to better reflect the skill set needed to compete rather than stand and blast.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the matter.... Don't get me wrong, I've come a long way in just under 1.5 years, but just not THAT far. I shall endeavor not to embarrass the M class.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Congrats Jim!!! I know you wanted it really bad. What I don't understand is on the Milan Rifle Club match, it was an all classifier match, but you only shot 1 stage... I don't get it. 100% is smoking hot though! You earned it and I am glad you made it. Hope that wrist gets better and you can continue on to your quest for GM before you are forced to retire. :cheers:

Congrats Jim!!! I know you wanted it really bad. What I don't understand is on the Milan Rifle Club match, it was an all classifier match, but you only shot 1 stage... I don't get it. 100% is smoking hot though! You earned it and I am glad you made it. Hope that wrist gets better and you can continue on to your quest for GM before you are forced to retire. :cheers:

I'm already considering going lefty... I'd have to start over, but wth. Maybe my right would heal if I just didn't put that kind of pressure on it. I'd be hell on wheels going weak hand then. :P

The Milan match... I went to help during the setup and the weather got really bad. The stages weren't complete in the morning and we had to wait to cross the creek. So I just helped them get the last stages setup and did fixit duties for a time, then we took off.

You might see a lot of me shooting a few stages and then bowing out... hell , hurts right now typing.

Acupuncture.

I'm willing to try anything at this point Dave... seriously.

And I'm absolutely serious ;) I've had problems in the past w/ RSI related injury to my left elbow. Acupuncture is the only thing that consistently cleared it up for me. Search on it - I think I wrote up something longer at one point... I learned a lot about elbows at that point, but don't know much about wrists...

Also... a chiro, or maybe someone like an orthopod might be able to re-arrange the wrist bones for you - it doesn't take much "out of whackness" for those to cause a lot of pain, and the solution can be real simple (though may take a couple of treatments to get it to "stick").

Things to try that don't involve surgery, anyway :D