Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swaping out the factory sights on the G34, need suggestions.

cold

I am looking to replace the factory sights on my G34, can someone suggest a good set, I have looked at various FO front and adj rear sight sets but am not sure which would be recommended, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I am looking to replace the factory sights on my G34, can someone suggest a good set, I have looked at various FO front and adj rear sight sets but am not sure which would be recommended, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Dawson Precision black on black, no fiber optic.

Blackity black black! No fiber optic seconded.

If you're young enough that you don't need bifocal shooting glasses to focus on the front sight, or need reading glasses at home, skip the dots and circles and bells and whistles. I'm 29, and have gone from stock -> Dawson FO -> Sevigny non-FO -> Sevigny FO front -> Sevigny non-FO (again) ... I shoot better without fiber optics at distance.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

For years, I've used the Trijicon night sights, even on my competition guns. I carry Trijicons on my duty guns, so it seemed right to use them on the comp guns also.

I recently obtained some Sevigny F/O sights, but haven't had a chance to shoot 'em yet. I've dry fired and can really pick up the sights quickly because of the air gap on the sides of the front sight.

Of course, like 00Bullitt says, "Everything changes under recoil", so we'll see how they work out.

For my older eyes, I like the Warren Tactical (not the Sevigny varient) with a fiber optic front. The other combo I like is a Heinie Slant Pro rear and a Dawson fiber front.

+1 on the Heinie/Dawson combo. I have this on my G35 and it's a great set up. I use the GREEN fiber optic (a bit more muted than the bright red) and I like it alot.

I also run Ameriglo Operator sights on my G22 & G23. Great sight. They are tritium, but only the front sight has a white outline. It does a great job drawing your eye to the front sight.

I will say, however, that my FO rod on my Dawson front sight cracked about a month ago which causes it to not work. So I've basically been shooting black-on-black for the past few weeks and I'm liking it better........Oh well.

z-

Edited by zipper046

I just installed an .090" plain black front (AmeriGlo, sold by CGR) and Heinie classic rear on my G34. I've been shooting a fiber optic on my Limited gun for a while but wanted to try plain black. If I was doing it over again I would order either the CGR "race cut" rear or Heinie's "QWIK" rear, as the classic Heinie notch is a bit narrow, even for an .090 front, at least for my taste. Jury's still out on plain vs. fiber but time will tell. At any rate it's certainly better than the awful stock sights.

I put the Dawson FO front and the Dawson Adj rear when I first started shooting IDPA, but I soon replaced the adjustable rear with a Heine rear because the notch is bigger for fast shooting of close targets. HOWEVER, after my last USPSA match when I could not shoot well at the far targets (I know it's me, not the sights), I am going back to the Dawson adj rear. But I agree Black rear, no FO!

I have the Sevigny Competition black rear/fo front on two of my Glocks. I prefer them over the Dawson set that I had previously. I have not tried the black on black so I cannot comment. HTH.

For my older eyes, I like the Warren Tactical (not the Sevigny varient) with a fiber optic front. The other combo I like is a Heinie Slant Pro rear and a Dawson fiber front.

My choice also. No problem with precision at distance, though I pull the rod into the visible portion of the front sight so that it's more a "dot" sitting on top of the post rather than an all consuming blob...

Thanks in advance!

Sevigny Competition Sights Black. You can see your target around the front sight, the light bars give you partial sight pictures on tight sight pictures, like steel knockdowns in front of no shoots, or NP no shoots at distance (diagonal slash, etc), and poppers show great on transitions. If you must have fiberoptic, get the Sevigny FO front. I started with Heinie slants, which are good, but too tight for long sight pictures.

I use a black MMC rear made for the Glock and a Dawson Precision Fiber Optical front made for the Glock/Novak rear. The front sight is .160 high and .123 wide. I opened up the MMC rear a little with a Dremel.

Looks like a small combat rear sight and it's adjustable. The front sight is very low and will fit any holster.

• 1 month later...