Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2010?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The 2010 Florida Open will be held on February 19th-21st 2010

The website has been updated with a new application.

The majority of the details on the website are unchanged from last year, but I am sure that additional information will be made available, as we get closer to the match.

• 4 months later...

The Florida Open match application that appeared in the latest Front Sight does not include all of the usual scheduling options. As in previous years, we will be offering 3 basic scheduling options: all day Friday, Sat AM - Sun PM and Sat PM - Sunday AM. The Saturday PM - Sunday AM schedule was not listed on the Front Sight application. You can either write in the option or download the correct application from here: http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/flopen2010.PDF

Most any info that you might need, along with foreign applications and forms can be found here: http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/main.html

Sorry for the confusion.

Went to the match last year with my son and had a great time, shot SS with only 4 other shooters. This year I'd love to come back, but want to shoot revolver, any input on how many others might shoot revo? Our National Champ, I'm sure will be there!!!

we make a holiday of it. shoot the match then do something else. this year we are looking at going back to the keys and do almost nothing. i have talked to the place we stayed at last year and they are working on getting us two weeks around the match. of course if anyone has something in a one bedroom in the keys for a reasonable price drop me a line.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have recommendations for Hotel? Looking at Sebring or Lake Wales. Anybody stayed at River Ranch?

I live in the area. River Ranch is nice. Kind of a Dude Ranch, country music, rodeo theme. There is a new Hampton Inn just north of Lake Wales on HWY 27 with restaurants nearby. Not much else in Lake Wales other than an Econo Lodge and small, non-US owned places. Winter Haven is probably the closest town with a good number of motels. There are several in the Cypress Gardens area of WH.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a new Holiday Inn Express across from the Hampton Inn on US 27 north of Lake Wales. Same drive time to the range. I will be attempting to set up a match deal with them. Stay Tuned :cheers:
Roy,

Any new developments on a match deal with either of these hotels?

Thanks!

I sent my app in last week, but havent heard anything back yet.

100 days until the 1st shot is fired. :rolleyes: Still plenty of time to get ready for this match.

Have you heard anything yet?  I sent in my app 2 weeks ago.  The check has cleared my account, but I haven't received any confirmation.  I need to know when I'm shooting so I can book my flights.

Yup I received an email from Wadette that said:

"We have received your entry to the 2010 Florida Open to be held at the Universal Shooting Academy range in Frostproof Fla on Feb 19-21 2009."

Took about 3 weeks to hear anything back. I'd give it another week if I were you. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chris Keen

Your response time can vary, depending on your luck. The applications are mailed to Frank's range where the checks are deposited and periodically the information is compiled and forwarded to Wadette and she sends out the confirmations. If you are waiting to make your reservations, contact Wadette directly and get the answer.

I am not aware of any "closed" schedules, so I would assume that everyone (so far) has received their fisrt choice in scheduling. That fact may change soon, so if you prefer the SatPM/SunAM schedule, I would not hesitate in sending your application in.

Can anyone put up some gps coordinates for this range?

I know is on 4300 CR630 east of Frostproof, but satelite view shows nothing that looks like a gun range.

Just like to eyeball the range layout before I get there.

BB

Here's the main runway.