Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2010?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the email I got from Wadette:

I can tell you there is 312 rounds in the match unless we make a change in the next few days. There are 10 stages with either 30, 31,32,or 33 rounds in each. Only 2 dis-appearing targets in the match and 22 pieces of steel total.

They don't.

So if I understand this right, the Florida Open does not put up stage descriptions prior to match?

Can the stages be viewed on range the day before, say Feb 18 PM?

BB

The stages have been up and ready to view the Friday before the match since I have shot it(the last two years).

You definitely want to look the stages over on Friday because 5 minutes is not enough for these stages.

They don't.

So if I understand this right, the Florida Open does not put up stage descriptions prior to match?

Can the stages be viewed on range the day before, say Feb 18 PM?

BB

The stages have been up and ready to view the Friday before the match since I have shot it(the last two years).

You definitely want to look the stages over on Friday because 5 minutes is not enough for these stages.

There will be several squads shooting on Friday im sure. The best thing is to go watch some of them. I plan on spending the whole day Friday there with my chair.

Let me clarify a few points:

The RO's will shoot Thursday and anyone is welcome to look the stages over. With only about 20 total people shooting on Thursday they will let let folks walk around on the stages that are idle to check them out. Note that they used the term idle, you are not free to walk onto stages where folks are in the process of shooting or preparing to shoot.

Friday is a fairly full schedule of shooting and they will not allow spectators to walk around on the stages until shooting is complete on that stage. Everyone is free to watch from behind the spectator lines, but do not expect to walk through the stages until all shooting has been completed on that stage.

The primary goal here is efficiency. There are a lot of shooters that have to shoot the stages and they can not allow anything that could delay the schedule.

anyone else shooting all day Friday?

I'm shooting all day Friday. I guess we find out about squadding when we get there. Can I give you my ammo on Saturday so I don't have to worry about flying with it?

Edited by sperman

Does anyone know what time we need to be at the range to start shooting the match..You know, like shooting begins at.....on Friday..on Sat..Etc

This is the email I got:

Friday shooting begins at 7:30AM and Sat & Sun begins at 7:00AM. Sat. afternoon squads begin at 1PM.

Does anyone know what time we need to be at the range to start shooting the match..You know, like shooting begins at.....on Friday..on Sat..Etc

Tony,

I haven't been, but threads from past years talk about shooting into the rising sun.

Its actually worse than that. You know your at the FL Open when the moon is setting and you WAIT for the sunlight. I am not being extreme in this. They start earlier than any match I have been to because of short winter sun and large READ LARGE squads. Have fun its usually the most challenging match of the year.

Tony,

I haven't been, but threads from past years talk about shooting into the rising sun.

Yeah bays 1 thru 5 (maybe 6) face due East so shooting into the sun is a distinct possibility for am squads.