Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More's STS

cybrosh

Just found a reply in my mailbox from C-More. 3-4 weeks before the sights are ready for shipment.

Great customer service - I have the flyer of the sight. If anyone's interested, I'll send it via mail. PDF.

Available in black or desert tan.

Adapters available : STS/jpoint/docter/colt 1911/glock/beretta 92/XD/Sig p226/rail mount-weaver,picatinny/3.8" rail/30mm scope mount/1" Scope mount/sts FN PS90

Edited by cybrosh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I plan on getting one if the dot is actually red, not orange like the JPoint. Has anyone seen one, maybe at the shot show?

Anybody got first hand experience with this yet? Feedbacks please. Thanks in advance.

I have an STS ordered from Shooters Connection. According to the info I have from SC, they are backordered from C-More - two to three weeks, but that was a week ago. I am anxious to see how it compares to the 7 MOA Doctors I am currently using.

I ordered a 7 moa STS, but I believe they also come in a 3.5 moa just like the Doctor.

According to the promotional info from C-More that someone listed earlier on this forum, the STS is slightly longer than the Doctor, but the brochure info shows a slide mount and also an adapter for the JPoint and Doctor mounts, but Shooters Connection didn't list that adapter or the STS specific slide mount. I'm not slide mounting it, so neither of those parts is of concern. SC may just not have the mount and adapter yet.

The JV dynamics mount doesn't have the circle tabs for keeping the JPoint securely attached. The screw mount protude into the Jpoint to keep it secure, Hopefully the STS will mount up correctly on this mount. I have been running a JPoint in place of a standard C-more for a couple of weeks now and I am beginning to really like it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I thought the forum might be interested in my thoughts on the new C More STS.

CONS: The STS sight needs its own mount. The J Point and Doctor mounts will NOT work, you need an adapter. Arredondo Accessories makes a scope mount for the J Point scope and includes adapters for both the Doctor and C More sights. I ordered my STS in Desert Tan from Optics Planet, who has above average customer service and product prices.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/c-more-small-tactical-7-moa-red-dot-sights-cmstsb-7-cmstsdt-7.html

I chose this color save a few bucks. Don't do it. Pay for the black sight and avoid the aggravation I have experienced. I don't know if it was a defect or not, but I found the sight, in bright daylight, has a bad reflection off the lens that makes it very difficult to see the dot! Shooting from the shade, there reflection was still there, but not as bad. I suspect the tan color of the scope may be the culprit for the reflection. I have sent the sight back and will buy a black STS later on.

PROS: VERY bright, very round dot! And yes, it's red, not orange. There is a three position switch, located just inside the the scope near the sight window.The left side of the switch turns the scope off; the middle is the standard, auto adjust setting; the right side is the extra bright setting. The dot size I chose was 7 minute. The scope is very well made and is especially nice because of the slide out battery compartment! Bummer that this one had the problems I described.

Edited by Danger Close

I am new to the site, but I mounted the STS on my XD and I have to say I am very unhappy with it, the quality on the mount was very poor their slide mounting plate is plastic and it craked when I installed it on my slide, I also got the glare on my lens at first I thought it was maybe some oil on the glass and after cleaning it a few times I realized it had to be a defect on the product. I purchased mine from Us Cavalry.

• 6 months later...

Haven't seen a StS C-More but I do have a Leopold Delta Point on my Open S/V and it is really nice if you can get use to the diamond shape. Brightest Dot I have ever seen on a small scope, very easy to see in the bright sun. Dot sets about 1/4" off my slide as the back of the slide has been milled down. Fits perfect. My dislike about the scope is I would lot rather have a round dot and leopold call's this dot a 7 but compared to a C-More (regular) it looks like a 10 or 12. "BIG" Really works well for Steel but that head shot at 12 yds you have to slow way down because you sight the scope in on the point at top and that is where you need to put the target for a accuracy shot.

Max TY-21921

Forgot to add that it only took about 8 rds. to sight this Dot in and after several Matches and 500 rds of practice the Dot is still zero perfect. Sandbagged my pistol at 15 yds. and still shot about 3/4" 6 shot group. The self adjusting brightness deal works very, very well. Beside the diamond shape dot (wonder why they did this) the scope is perfect in every respect. Very well made with Titanium frame and the shape of the lens is great (Lots better than round)

Max TY-21921

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out that the spacing on the Jpoint base is the same as the STS. Just a different size. Take the Jpoint base and remove the dimples, flat plate and 150 grit and little circular motion and you've got a nice flat plate, Use #29 drill to open the existing holes and tap for 8X32. Now you got mount that secure. Those nice fat 8X32 capscrews will really hold it. But if you must, put a tiny dab of epoxy in each dimple on the STS before you mount it. Don't clean the STS {i.e. little oily} but really clean the mount that way when you take it off it will remount without any zero loss. Plus you'll save $25.00 bucks. Don't over tighten those 8X32 you can crush the little guy.