Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Canyon Creek Area 5 Championships

I'll set the sucker up if you change one of the names to "Pardon me while I whip this out!"

lol Screw the politics... it's a great name for a stage. :)

Standing with heals on Xs, Strong hand on zipper weak hand on inseam! Upon start signal "whip it out and engage as visible." We could get some of those bent over gardeners that people put up in their yards. You know the ones I mean.... :roflol:

Actually... the quote is "Excuse me while I whip this out"... and look at stage 12...

BTW... the dates have been fixed on the USPSA website...

Frank

Well, Excuse me.:)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks... the stages (which you haven't seen) are going to be drastically updated over the next month or so. We may end up with somewhere around 14... we're gonna try and go with the USPSA recommended stage ratio's. (i.e. short to medium to long).

Some of the shorter stages will be doubled up. In other words, you'll shoot one, and go directly to another one.

There will be two classifiers at the match.

One last thing... I am starting a contest for next years logo. The winner will get a free entry into the match, as well as a plaque recognizing their talents.

The requirements are as follows:

1. Limited to 4 colors.

2. Must be in some kind of vector format (i.e. adobe illustrator, ect)

3. Must have the following phrases: "2010 Canyon Creek Area 5 Championships" and "Milan Rifle Club"

Other than that, design to your hearts content. E-Mail entries to me at milanuspsa@gmail.com

Winner will be selecting the winner on November 1st, 2009.

Frank

• 1 month later...

I read on some threads about Milan's unfortunate BOD decision. I can't find any info on whether this will impact the AREA 5 in June. Does anyone have anything new to add. Last I read on a thread somewhere, was that an "exception" for berm shooting was being looked into for the AREA 5 match. Did we get this exception? Do we trust this BOD if they did give the exception? I know it's early yet, but I missed all the majors close to Indiana or in Indiana in 2009 and plan to make that up in 2010. Thanks for input.

I read on some threads about Milan's unfortunate BOD decision. I can't find any info on whether this will impact the AREA 5 in June. Does anyone have anything new to add. Last I read on a thread somewhere, was that an "exception" for berm shooting was being looked into for the AREA 5 match. Did we get this exception? Do we trust this BOD if they did give the exception? I know it's early yet, but I missed all the majors close to Indiana or in Indiana in 2009 and plan to make that up in 2010. Thanks for input.

Would love to know where this stands as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to know where this stands as well.

+1

BK

Well folks they say the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray. It appears that my plans for Area 5 have done so. Without getting into too many details, it looks like the match will be at a different range and possibly on different dates.

As soon as I know something for sure, I will let you know.

I am very sorry for this, but sometimes you just can't keep things from spinning out of control.

Gary

Perhaps the match will even end up closer to home for me! (I can dream can't I?) :cheers:

HUGE +1!

I live farther South than you do :surprise:

How about in your home state? I know Corey has been chomping at the bit to put on his MD britches!

I hear South Kent Sportsmen Club in Michigan is adding MORE BAYS! :surprise:

How many stages did we have this year? 15? 15 stages at an AREA match is unprecedented as far as I know. Wonder what they could do with more bays! :cheers:

Edited by Chris Keen

I know Corey has been chomping at the bit to put on his MD britches!

You must REALLY want his head to explode. As you know, he gets no help with anything around here so he'd be doing the whole thing himself.... ;)

In all seriousness, that would be GREAT to have it further south...

How many stages did we have this year? 15? 15 stages at an AREA match is unprecedented as far as I know. Wonder what they could do with more bays! :cheers:

Would have to go to a Two day format. 15 was tough. :surprise:

Gary,

I shot an Area 5 match a few years ago at Silver Creek..................Went well and would not hesitate to return.....................Might even be a RO for you as well ! ;)

Hop

Yeah, Silver Creek is sort of what I was thinking, too

Carl Provan showed us diagrams at the MI Sectional...there is truly the potential to have more stages than the Nats there.

Nothin wrong with that. Area 6 has a 2-day format. Florida Open also runs a 2-day format. :)

Just please leave one day options for those shooters who need to get back.

Perhaps the match will even end up closer to home for me! (I can dream can't I?) :cheers:

HUGE +1!

I live farther South than you do :surprise:

How about in your home state? I know Corey has been chomping at the bit to put on his MD britches!

NO NO NO AND HELL NO!!! :roflol:

I'll help my ass off but an Area match is WAY to much for me. Hell I can't get a little SS/PRO match off the ground <_<

You must REALLY want his head to explode. As you know, he gets no help with anything around here so he'd be doing the whole thing himself.... ;)

In all seriousness, that would be GREAT to have it further south...

Now... that is all true now that I've bugged the crap out of some people lol.

Gary,

I shot an Area 5 match a few years ago at Silver Creek..................Went well and would not hesitate to return.....................Might even be a RO for you as well ! ;)

Hop

I like this idea!!!

NO NO NO AND HELL NO!!! :roflol:

I'll help my ass off but an Area match is WAY to much for me. Hell I can't get a little SS/PRO match off the ground <_<

The Kentucky location is still a bit away. After we get through the Kentucky State match next year, we can work toward an area.

I really hope this happens!

Maybe another venue for Nationals ???