Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm sorry. But anyone with an IQ that low should not be allowed to own a flak jacket, let alone a gun. Do the world a favor and aim higher next time.

Don't worry... Even though no one died that time, they seem like the type that will try try again :rolleyes:

Edited by JoshF

Not a flak vest. Flak vests were made during the Viet Nam war era in accordance with Mil-Spec V50, and would fail from normal handgun round impacts. They were made to stop fragmentation threat.

More than likely, this guy is wearing a Level II vest and was shot with a 9mm +p FMJ round and that's why the vest failed. Another possibility is the vest was so old the vest fibers were degraded to the point of non-servicable.

Regardless, these guys are so irresponsible they should be prosecuted for SOMETHING. What that something would be would depend on the State laws available.

Actions like this fuel the anti's.

Edited by SA Friday

Dude, get a better vest. :P

Richard Davis owned a Body Armor company. My first vest was from his company. Mr Davis died when during his last presentation, the vest he was using had taken too many impacts and the weakened fibers failed. The 44 mag penetrated the vest and when through him killing him.

My goal for the three different vests I've had was to never test them in live fire if at all possible.

"Actions like this fuel the anti's."
Freakin' right on. These are the jerks/idiots/cretins that lay upon our respectable industry a bad rap. It's intolerable. I, too, think they should be prosecuted for SOMETHING. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Dude, get a better vest. :P

Richard Davis owned a Body Armor company. My first vest was from his company. Mr Davis died when during his last presentation, the vest he was using had taken too many impacts and the weakened fibers failed. The 44 mag penetrated the vest and when through him killing him.

My goal for the three different vests I've had was to never test them in live fire if at all possible.

My bad. Different company and guy, same presentation. Above results were correct though. (Had to go look at the company logo again. I still have the Armor.)

My bad. Different company and guy, same presentation. Above results were correct though. (Had to go look at the company logo again. I still have the Armor.)

What was the name of the other armor company you were thinking of? I don't remember hearing about that kind of thing happening (company owner demos body armor with live ammo and dies when the armor fails).

What was the name of the other armor company you were thinking of? I don't remember hearing about that kind of thing happening (company owner demos body armor with live ammo and dies when the armor fails).

Progressive Technologies.

It wasn't the vest failed, so much as the vest had been used multiple times to do the demo with. It had multiple 44 mag impacts on it. The fibers were completely maxed out.

Why aren't "retired" vests destroyed?

Where do they go........Idiots? Lawbreakers? Third world law enforcement?

If they are deemed no longer effective for whatever reason, and such vests have no possible "other" use, I suggest destroying them.

BB