Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What lube for G34?

cold

What lube do you guys like for warm weather and G34? I use corisson x (spelling) for most things, but got some slip 2000 at shot and was curious if anyone uses it. Thoughts?

I have used just about everything on my glocks, and it just doesn't matter. I settled with FP-10 grease because I like the syringes it comes in, but could have easily used anything else. Don't over fill the gun with grease and be careful of grease use in cold weather and you are good to go with any lube out there.

Mobile 1 synthetic works in everything and is fairly cheap compared to the amount you get at a quart a shot.

I use G96 on all of mine. Partly because it's what we issue and direct everyone to use, partly because I get it free and partly because it seems to work well. Glocks really don't need a whole lot of lube to be reliable and too much lube is worse than too little, it seems.

I have never seen a stock Glock that didn't work dry and then worked after applying lube, but I've seen some that wouldn't work because they had a ton of lube on them and they worked after it was removed. R,

i use slide glide lite or some fp-10. for most of us though its really only got to be on for what 100-200 rds before we clean our pistols, so anything should work. if your running 500 or more between cleanings. try slide glide.

Got a free sample of it and didn't notice any difference between that and bacon grease as far as I'm concerned.

FP-10 is what I use 95% of the time. When it's below freezing I use turbine engine oil I get from work which is good to about 80 below without any loss of viscocity.

Edited by Precision40

+1 Actually any synthetic motor oil will work fine. My G34s (3 of them) swim in it. I don't subscribe to the 6 drops as stated in the manual.

+1 with Motor Oil on slide and frame

KY Jelly not the Warming. :devil:

lol dude I use a TW 25B grease and some M Pro 7

But motor oil works fine as well as many other products like Miltec or FP10

a buddy and I have joked about that before in trips to the range, as a side note, I would be curiously interested to know if anyone actually tried it to see if it performed worth a damn,

Thanks for the replies guys!

ahhhwwwwl hell...Mike.

I click on that site and there is some Irish fairy talking about "dipsticks". WTF??? (no off offense to any Irish fairies out there)

What's next?> You gonna tell us you are a Bullseye shooter?

(LOL...just kidding...welcome to the forum!!!)

:):):)

ahhhwwwwl hell...Mike.

I click on that site and there is some Irish fairy talking about "dipsticks". WTF??? (no off offense to any Irish fairies out there)

What's next?> You gonna tell us you are a Bullseye shooter?

(LOL...just kidding...welcome to the forum!!!)

:):):)

Thanks for the tongue-in-cheek welcome.

We talk so much about reducing wear and friction that I just thought I had found something worthy of mention. I haven't used either but if the claims are true it might bear investigation.

Coincidentally, I am a BE shooter, which I'm sure you figured out by my signature (took me a few minutes to put 2 and two together.) Though I don't consider myself anywhere near accomplished yet, I'm having a ball.

Wish I had take it up much earlier.

What is this FP-10 grease stuff and where can you find it?

Should be able to pick it up at your local gun shop....I don't really think it's a "speciality" item or anything. It's where I get mine usually.

--Lanzo