Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hardcore shooters

TWHaz

Ahhh please !!! That looks like our match last Sat. I helped set-up too

and you guys are failing to see the positive. We did'nt have to drag

out any target stands. :cheers:

Hardcore shooters ?? When you live in a place like this it's not cold at the

match, it's cold everywhere. The store, the backyard, work, etc... What are

we going to do ? Sit and dryfire for 6 months ??

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Ahhh please !!! That looks like our match last Sat. I helped set-up too

and you guys are failing to see the positive. We did'nt have to drag

out any target stands. :cheers:

In Arizona we shoot when it is (summer months) 90 degrees plus by 9:00 am. But the visual effect is not as good as that video.

For some (sick) reason Randy.........I miss winter shoots at GMPS since I moved to NY. We don't shoot at all in the winter down hear and there is barely any snow on the ground. I remember winter shoots when it never got above zero for the entire match. Pasters just froze to the target, they would drop off the targets with every hit, scoring was always fun. No need for fault lines, we just cut paths through 3ft of snow.

:cheers:

Edited by matt2ace

Hey thats me. We shoot all winter

Yep it is you. I found it while checking out your cross over foot work post.

Nice shooting and moving. :cheers:

Do you wait for the spring thaw to get your brass? :roflol:

Edited by TWHaz

back in the 80s I shot winter IPSC matches at the Sharon Gun Club north of Toronto Canada. There were no shoveled shooter boxes. One match I shot with my left arm in a cast. NOT from falling in the snow. At another Ontario, Canada club they held a 'concealed carry' winter match. No problem with a parka on! The RO said, "I have to check you for concealed carry. Do you have a gun on?". I was wearing my full race comp gun rig!!!

My home club (not affiliated) also shoots outdoors all winter. Not QUITE as bad as VT's weather though ;)

GMPS put on the AWARE/ Area7 matches the past couple years, and the weather (and air) up there is a bit different than most of us are used to (BTW- thanks for GREAT matches).

Keep on blastin', I love the snowman idea. That's great. :cheers:

Reminds me of home! IDPA in Michigan wraps up in November but one of the club continues all winter long with practice days. I remember driving to the range many many times in insanely bad road conditions in sub zero weather to get my shooting fix. Winter shooting here in TN is a cake walk in comaprison.