Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 5 for 2010 and 2011

I am pleased to announce that the location for the Area 5 match in 2010 and 2011 will be the Milan Rifle Club in Milan, Illinois.

The dates will be June 10-13, 2010 and June 9-12, 2011.

I hope to have the new Bowling Green, Kentucky facility ready to go in 2012.

Mark your calendars if you can find one that goes out that far :devil:

Jealous in Texas.

From the "It would be nice category"

I would love to see 14-15 stages for this match. Will the facility handle that? If the Area matches could all bump the stage count up a couple perhaps number of stages at nationals would increase.

I am pleased to announce that the location for the Area 5 match in 2010 and 2011 will be the Milan Rifle Club in Milan, Illinois.

The dates will be June 10-13, 2010 and June 9-12, 2011.

I hope to have the new Bowling Green, Kentucky facility ready to go in 2012.

Mark your calendars if you can find one that goes out that far :devil:

We actually started talking about this in 2008... hmmm two year out planning... hint hint... :roflol:

Frank

Gary Stevens for USPSA President!

This is exactly what is missing at the top now.

PLANNING

Can it really be this easy??

Some other area directors and whoever plans some Nat. events need to take note!!

Duane

We already tentatively have a match sponsor for 2010. I won't give to many details yet, as nothing has been signed... but this company has offered us 5 custom guns... one for each division except revo (they don't do revo's... we'll find a nice custom gun for revo division)...

Now comes the hard part... at least for me...

Do I:

1. Give the guns to the division winners (who probably won't use them... they already have their tuned up gear, and they're almost guaranteed to be sold. The good thing about doing it this way is that the Division Winners receive something other than a plaque...

2. Division specific raffle... if you shoot limited... you have the same shot as every other limited shooter to win the gun.

3. Auction? (I don't like this one...)

I'm tentatively planning on a half day format. We can fit 12 stages easily... I have 12 bays. I'm thinking...

Thursday.... staff, sponsors and vendors...

Friday... Full Day shoot (one and done)

Weekend... Sat am/Sun pm and Sat pm / Sun am (6 stages a day)

This gives people time to check out any vendors that decide to show up, plus check out the town...

I could also just do 3 days of 1 and done... but that kills a vendor area and checking out the town... however... we have excellent RO's that volunteer at our club... we've done 10 stage matches that finished at 2:30 pm... even taking out an hour for lunch...

Prizes... table or double blind... still haven't decided yet... with a half day shoot... a table works... except for the people who shoot Friday...

Let me know your opinions on these... this will be my first run at running a match this large (although I do have some large match experience...

I'd like to start planning this match at least a year out, so people can get psyched... and we put on a hell of a match...

Frank

Some other area directors and whoever plans some Nat. events need to take note!!

Duane

Yes... it really is that easy... :cheers:

I think the biggest problem a lot of area directors have is finding clubs willing to put on the match. I actually contacted Gary about doing this. I don't know if he had even begun considering 2010/2011 yet (after all... we haven't even shot the 2009 match yet). Not all clubs have the facilities to host a match of this size... so that probably cuts at least half of the clubs out there... then... not a lot of clubs are willing to put on a match of this size. It is a heck of a lot of work... not everyone wants to do it.

I'm just a glutton for punishment :roflol: Who gets blamed if the match sucks... ME... :ph34r:

I think me contacting him about it was "manna from heaven..." One less thing he had to worry about... There was a club in Ohio that he talked to as well, but they didn't think they would be ready by then...

Frank

Just came up with an interesting idea for prizes... let me know what you think...

Regular every day prizes... the slide lube, hats, shirts, ect... will be double blind... You'll get it in your competitor bag during registration.

Good prizes... guns, frames, reloading presses, ect... will be posted prior to the match, so you know what your gonna get if you win...

i.e.

Overall match winner will receive....

1st limited A receives...

1st production D receives...

ect...

This kills off two birds with one stone... rewarding performance and not standing around all day for the prize table, or handing off your ticket... plus... if you don't like what you got in your bag... you can try and trade... :rolleyes:

What do you think?

Frank

It's confirmed. Canyon Creek Custom will be the match sponsor for the 2010 Area 5 Championships. He has donated 5 custom guns. Springfield will also be donating a couple, and we will purchase a few more if we don't get them donated.

My goal is to have a pistol or frame for each qualifying division and class winner (10 in a division, 10 in a class).

We are well on our way to it.

Frank

Drove 3 hours to get out of the snow and ended up at one of Franks club matches..........boy that guy is a one man tear down crew. He needs help from the local club members from what I observed or you're going to loose a fired up USPSA shooter from burn out.

Drove 3 hours to get out of the snow and ended up at one of Franks club matches..........boy that guy is a one man tear down crew. He needs help from the local club members from what I observed or you're going to loose a fired up USPSA shooter from burn out.

Hey... thanks for coming out to the match. I wouldn't worry about me burning out for a couple years (after the area). You must have come to an weird match... I usually have 4 or 5 guys helping to tear down.

Frank

I like the equal chance of winning the big prize. Like you said the top guys have their guns. Give us scrubs a chance to get a sweet gun just for shooting the match.

The opinion has been about half and half... I don't know what I'm going to do yet. It's mainly going to depend on the number of guns I get.

I'm hoping to have enough so that each qualifying class gets a gun...

Frank

Planning.

Duane

Wellllll!!

Gary has done it for the last seven years in a row at least.

We knew at a least 1 year in advance when and where the Area 5 match would be, and that it would be held at the same location two years in a row. Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois. Spreads it around the area to.

WE ALL missed an opportunity last election.

MDA

We knew at a least 1 year in advance when and where the Area 5 match would be, and that it would be held at the same location two years in a row. Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois. Spreads it around the area to.

And hopefully Kentucky or Ohio in 2012/13...

Yep... Gary's doing a good job. To bad he said he isn't running anymore. We can't afford to lose him as AD...

Frank

After watching the Soprano's a few times, it occurs to me that a series of large envelope filled with primers, brass, bullets,and powder delivered in a newspaper at a good restaurant might persuade me to run again:) Just kidding.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...