Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Reports From Limited Nationals In Bend Yet?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the match is done before this topic dies off, I would like to thank our host and everyone for the updates.

Congratulations to all that helped represent USPSA by hosting and helping out with the match.

And good Job to all the competitors, not just the super squad. B)

Thanks McOliver, package received.

Now to the Limited Nationals:

no doubt about this, TGO doesn't stand anymore for The Great One, it stands for The Greatest One.

I think after 20 years of being at the top of IPSC shooting in all its forms and divisions, he really deserves this.

He may be beaten occasionally, surely there will be faster guys, but noone beats him when it comes to consistency and duration of shooting.

Anyway, it is totally awesome that the top 4 competitors finished within a 1.48% (24 match points over a total of 1630). It must have been a real fight till the last shot! :blink:

Not only did our very own TDean finish 20th overall, but he won a stage - and he's QUITE happy, as are all the rest of us that got to hang out with him :D

Because I worked, I didn't get to see much of the match, but from what I hear from the shooter's, this was a good one. The stages were challenging and one shooter even mentioned that, finally, the RO's didn't decide the outcomes and were all friendly!

On to the Opens!!!!

SG,

What stage are you working? Who are you working with? Where is Brian Hanna?

I was on Stage 2, Table Top Standards with CRO Jay Worden and RO Steve Myer. It was an interesting stage to be on, not many people came off of that one happy!

BDH, Brian Hanna is on Stage 10.

1 ROBERT LEATHAM L684 GM Limited Major No No No No 1630.7545 100.00%

2 PHIL * STRADER FY31992 GM Limited Major No No Yes No 1621.6973 99.44%

3 TARAN BUTLER L2354 GM Limited Major No No No No 1619.0974 99.29%

4 ERIC GRAUFFEL F38440 U Limited Major No No No Yes 1606.6794 98.52%

5 TODD JARRETT L2458 GM Limited Major No No No No 1552.2314 95.18%

6 DAVE SEVIGNY TY42164 GM Limited Major No No No No 1546.7064 94.85%

7 MATT BURKETT L2135 GM Limited Major No No No No 1517.0129 93.03%

8 EMANUEL * BRAGG L2476 GM Limited Major No No No No 1473.6599 90.37%

9 TONY HAWKINS L2485 M Limited Major No No No No 1452.9678 89.10%

10 FRANK GARCIA L292 GM Limited Major No No No No 1452.6842 89.08%

11 ESTUARDO GOMEZ TY31996 M Limited Major No No No Yes 1438.3225 88.20%

12 MICHAEL VOIGT RD4 GM Limited Major No No No No 1429.6116 87.67%

13 JAMIE CRAIG TY15086 M Limited Major No No No No 1427.4270 87.53%

14 BLAKE MIGUEZ FY29399 GM Limited Major No No No No 1419.3080 87.03%

15 ALEX CHANG TY37481 M Limited Major No No No Yes 1398.5310 85.76%

16 KERT GASKILL TY33364 GM Limited Major No No No No 1388.8368 85.17%

17 MICHAEL * SEEKLANDER A30288 M Limited Major No No Yes No 1374.8748 84.31%

18 PAUL CLARK JR TY28779 GM Limited Major No No No No Junior 1374.3998 84.28%

19 YONG LEE FY41528 GM Limited Major No No Yes No 1372.7576 84.18%

20 THOMAS DEAN A44698 M Limited Major No No No No 1367.8984 83.88%

21 KEN JACOBE T

Lisa Munson and Todd Jarrett won the shootoffs (single elimination).

It's really cool to win a stage. That was our second stage of the first day. My squad mate, told me I won it as soon as I signed my score sheet! I found that hard to believe since the SupersSquad hadn't shot it yet......but my efforts held!

I had 5 gun malfunctions, one mike and one mental-breakdown the whole match.

2 of the malfs were on one stage (table-top-standards). I figured out the gun problems were due to one of my mags. In the off season I'm going to send my mags off to Beven for tuning and work on my skills a little more. I'm getting into the shootoffs next year dammit!!

20th ain't soooo good if you look at the percentage it was (81%). I'd been much happier if I'd at least shot a Master class score. Next year...there's always next year.

Good match, thanks to the staff.

TDean, if you shoot a master class percentage at a Nats, you are definately a sandbagging GM ;) , it will usually put you in the top 16. I know that isn't what you would like to hear but it is the way it is :) It looks like you are a GM in M's clothing. So get on with it, get your GM card after you get your mags fixed. We all know Tony Hawknis SHOULD be a GM, Estuardo Gomez shot 5th this year at the World Shoot in standard, and is an M because he doesn't shoot in the US (Guatamela.) Personally I think they should give the top 5 M's their GM card after nats, because obviously they have GM skills, even if they can't shoot classifiers.

We all know Tony Hawknis SHOULD be a GM . . .

That's definitely true . . . he's really good.

It's not the first time he's been in the top 10 in Limited or Limited 10 and he's always in the top 10 at the Single Classic (I think he's been 3rd twice).

Sorry it's taken me so long to update...

I've shot with Robbie so long that I knew a 45 point deficit on the first day was no problemo. That's when he shoots his best - when he's in the hole. In fact, I believe he creates the "hole" subconsciously, as a motivational tool. ;)

After watching him shoot the first stage of day two, I felt had the power (back). Then after two more, I knew he had the power, and felt strongly that he would win in the end. Then when the weather turned to shit on day three, I felt his odds went up even more. I've never seen anyone so completely unaffected by the weather. Maybe it's a gross motor skill thing... ;)

We were talking after the match, and he said the last two days were the best two days of shooting he had all year. This year's been a struggle for him... Just too spread out shooting too many matches, demos, and training. It seems like every week he's shooting a different gun. He envied Dave S - he felt always shooting the same gun is not a bad thing. And he was going to try, as best as possible, to do more of that next year.

Phil shot great! - Leading the match right up to the last stage. Many were VERY sad to see the miss on the last stage. Lots of folks at the match voiced that they were really pulling for him. He's truly a great shot, competitor, and most importantly - human being. Congratulations Phil!

And Dave, even with his Glock - :o - one tough dude! Good shooting Dave.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. Jim said he thought my "color analysis" would really add to the video - we'll see... ;)

Maybe I'll be the new Howard Cossell of the shooting shows.

:lol::o:lol:

First - my congrats to TGO. BE if you'd pass that along to him I'd appreciate it. I haven't talked to him in far too long.

Second - to Phil I would say you obviously shot a great match. It sucks to have the miss and lose, but in the end, I don't know how anyone could say second at the US Nationals to TGO is losing.

Last - my congrats to all the BE forum members that competed and by all accounts looked like they did awesome!

I've already determined that the limited and open nationals are out of the question for me. I've got a Caribou hunt in AK in Sept. next year. Hopefully we'll have a good showing at the FGN though - and hopefully I'll be able to meet a few of you there!

Congrat again!

JB