Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compelling picture

dajarrel

I don't know what it is about this picture that speaks to me so. The story that appears is of a young lady pleading her cause with a young official of some kind who is bound by duty but clearly torn by the dilema.

It is a picture that brings me back time after time to see if I have figured out the drama.

dj

post-473-1235588509_thumb.jpg

I think.... <_< see that orange ribbon on her wrist? <_< what I think is the guy with the horn is a Bar Back for a big club on Spring Break and he just told he she could not have a Hurricane

That is the same reaction I got when I would tell the girls I was Happily married :roflol:

Edited by AlamoShooter

I don't know what it is about this picture that speaks to me so. The story that appears is of a young lady pleading her cause with a young official of some kind who is bound by duty but clearly torn by the dilema.

It is a picture that brings me back time after time to see if I have figured out the drama.

dj

post-473-1235588509_thumb.jpg

So difficult to say. Whatever she has on her mind, it's clearly important to her. Maybe a loved one is missing. Maybe she's lost her husband. Maybe she's wondering if she's lost her husband. Regardless, anybody who's human has been where she is. And it wasn't funny at the time . . .

As for him, harder to tell. Personally, I think he is conflicted between understanding what his social duty is versus what his true duty is. He is looking up for strength, hoping God will empower him. Yet in looking at him in total, I'd be concerned. Feels like he knows what is right, and he knows his social duty. They don't marry up and he is likely going to pick the wrong one.

Jack

We could guess all day...If the insignia on the uniform could be cleaned up.. it may tell

What ever it is ...It doesnt seem pleasent.

The people could be Israeli...but that is just a guess also

I can see that the questions could kinda wear on you.

Jim

"couldn't you shave just one time before going to meet my parents!?"

Note: bullhorn is in anticipation of mother-in-law

:roflol: That good

The Poor guy that started the post :mellow: I think he is now compelled to keep things to him self

If I was put off by smart a$$ remarks, I would have quit this forum a long time ago.....been known to make a few myself.

As my tagline say's, "I just can't seem to help myself"

dj

:cheers:

"couldn't you shave just one time before going to meet my parents!?"

Note: bullhorn is in anticipation of mother-in-law

:roflol: That good

The Poor guy that started the post :mellow: I think he is now compelled to keep things to him self

If I was put off by smart a$$ remarks, I would have quit this forum a long time ago.....been known to make a few myself.

As my tagline say's, "I just can't seem to help myself"

dj

Yeah, that's Isreali police and some demonstrator. I'd bet a buck on it.

But then again, she COULD still be gassy :goof:

Ya, pretty sure Israeli police. Look at the patch on the hat.

I doubt she's a demonstrator though. She looks more like someone who had a loved one in a location that got hit by a suicide bomb and she wants to know if they are alive or dead or mangled... or maybe is frantically asking to go look herself.

He's probably diverting his eyes in an attempt to distance/divert his psyche from the pain. It's hard not to empathize. He just happens to be looking up at the time of the photo.

My take.

Yeah, that's Isreali police and some demonstrator. I'd bet a buck on it.

But then again, she COULD still be gassy :goof:

Ya, pretty sure Israeli police. Look at the patch on the hat.

I doubt she's a demonstrator though. She looks more like someone who had a loved one in a location that got hit by a suicide bomb and she wants to know if they are alive or dead or mangled... or maybe is frantically asking to go look herself.

He's probably diverting his eyes in an attempt to distance/divert his psyche from the pain. It's hard not to empathize. He just happens to be looking up at the time of the photo.

My take.

That would be my guess also.

Chris C.

This image is one of many, taken during the Seperation Plan(Summer of 05'). Orange was the color of the 'settlers', who were forced to 'seperate' from their homes. Entire settlements were removed from Judea and Samaria, and handed over to the Palestinian Authority.

It's an image of a teenager who stood before the military/le forces, begging for them to listen to her before the seperation. Many women, children and men of religion stayed behind, and did not cooperate, in hope of saving their lands and homes. Some were extremists and fought the troops, others tried psychological warfare, and others simply expressed their feelings.

Such pictures/videos divided the entire country, since the men and women who served in all branches of the military/le, were forced to turn against their own people. It was their duty. Some even had to face their own families/friends on the same land they were raised on. You have to remember, Israel is a small country.

Mothers with babies cries out on young soldiers. People setting their houses on fire. Entire families barricading themselves, refusing to leave. People leaving all they have built for several decades behind. Troops had to go inside and take them out by force. 99% of the military/police were trained for this, and didn't react violently.

True sorrow and pain, and a real dilemma.

The plan was an idea of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, who had many reasons and I won't go into politics. The majority of people in Israel supported this plan, and only now, we all agree it was a mistake. The latest shooting on southern large cities in the country proved it wasn't a wise tactical move.

This seems like a match:

Jews in orange protest outside consulate

Orange is used by anti-disengagement protesters.

I owe you a buck Jimmy. I would imagine all but her being a protestor is accurate from my previous post. Never even thought of the Separation plan from a few years back. That would be a tough gig for everyone.

NP.

Many things regarding this issue require protesting. The 'plan' was just a start for all the families of Gush Katif and the other settlements. BTW, they are called "The evacuees/evictees of Gush Katif" in general.

I was in favor of the seperation plan, and I don't even live near those settlements but on the other side of the country. I changed my mind due to the things I've seen. I thought it was wrong. Not only that, but the current situation(inflicted by the plan)proved it was a bad decision.

I could only wish such a thing would never happen again(this wasn't the first time in the short history of my nation).

Edited by cybrosh