Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'am sorry I hate people that still write checks in stores

timamal

I got caught behind one of these people in line at Farm & Fleet yesterday. Painful.

It's almost as annoying as the people that wait in line at the drive thru, and wait until it's time to pay to find their wallet.

Or the people that wait in line for ten minutes at a fast food joint, and then wait until it's time to order to figure out what they want.

F'n retards everywhere!!

"How bout 4 or 5 dollars worth of change for scratch offs then stay at the counter while you scratch them off and if you win something buy more and repeat....."
They should be told to step aside for other customers. Period.

If I'm actually going to pay for something by check (I usually pay cash any more--it's quicker), I do, in fact, fill out both register and check well ahead of time to save ME the hassle as well as the courtesy to waiting-in-line customers behind me. It just seems logical.

...oh, that's right... many people don't think logically. <_<

30 seconds my A$#!

They don't even pull there check book out until all the bags are loaded in the basket! :angry2:

I might write two checks a month. I use a debit card for the majority of my payments. Why pay 10c for a check?

Stay Safe,

A.T.

The perp is always the same. Self indulgent and slow. Gotta fumble through the massive dump truck sized purse, pull out the big pen with a flower on top, FIND the check book, FIND a check, write REALLY slowly, fill the register, fumble for the ID that they ask for and then take the time to complain.

Its 'LOOK AT ME!!!!' at its finest.

(YEAH, this one bugs me to no end... too much time at the Grocery store)

Edited by Seth

Wow! Interesting what drives some people nuts. At my store, I will take your money any way you wish to give it to me. I have a lot of contractors who still carry the big business check book and write checks. I just don't get worked up that easy I guess.

It's not the person writing the check, it's usually the less than sophisticated person behind the register trying to follow some set of rules thought up by a bunch of suits in a boardroom.

My personal favorite was using a travelers check this past fall at a Target in VA and having to wait over 40 minutes while the clueless (albeit very pleasant) clerk, then supervisor, then manager, then phone call to lord knows who before they just did as I told them in the first place and called it cash. Pretty funny, but several people in line did not seem to get the humor

It's the people that are sitting there on their cell phones chatting about what they did last weekend.. then as the cashiers is saying for the 12th time.. "____ that's 24.75" .. then they pull out their checkbooks, or debit card or charge card... that get me..

It doesn't matter how they pay.. they'll slow us down no matter what.. these are the same people that drive 50 in the fast lane... lol

btw - Banks have moved all their cash from the vaults to really big mattresses.. it seems safer