Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your favorite bourbon glass?

I have one, or a set, but I won't post because I'll get made fun of by the bourbon snobs on here lol. I tend to drink the higher proof bourbons and a sniffer just won't work as you'll have over kill of aroma caught in the glass. I prefer a more straight up glass, though the ones I use do have a little bit of a tear drop shape to them.

I don't know nuthin' about bourbon. But for enjoying fine single-malt scotch <g>, I got a set of Reidel crystal glasses which, as you note, have a bit of a "tear drop" shape to them (although a scotch drinker might offer that it is really more of a "scottish thistle" shape)

http://www.wineglassguide.com/glass_detail...&wineid=125

For everyday stuff, lots of department stores (and liquor stores) have glasses in this shape

http://www.wineglassguide.com/glass_detail.../5&wineid=2

which also works pretty well, still captures the aromas plus they're less "froo-froo-y"

If you want *less* aroma, a straight up "rocks" glass may be what you're looking for?

:cheers:

Edited by bgary

Most of my new glasses say...Welches Grape Jelly.. on them. The label is worn off of the older ones....

My favorite glass is a cheap plastic beer cup from a Pistons game that I went to three years ago. When I pay $8 for a beer, I tend to get my money's worth out of the glass...even if I merely rented the contents. :cheers:

Back on topic...I just use a plain 'ol rocks glass. I take it neat (even though that is not how I'm supposed to drink it) or with a splash of water. I'm a big fan of Woodford Reserve and Jim Beam Black.

The kind my buddy fills for me with his bourbon......

Funny you say that. My buddy that for some reason has a shop than can get any bourbon you want and it isn't even in Kentucky, has a hell of a selection of bourbon at his house....know what is funny about that, he is a wine drinker lol. Me and another buddy go over there when we can and he said he got it for us when we visit and he wanted the best so he would have the best to drink with us :cheers:

I guess in the end as long as it ends up in the body, how it gets there doesn't really matter!

I have a set of leather sleeved glasses from the Woodford Reserve Distillery. I use them for Woodford neat or on the rocks. I fear they would shatter if I put anything else in them! Those of you who are bourbon fanciers know what I mean. :rolleyes:

I like the glass bottle that it comes in just fine. If I'm just sippin', I have a shot glass that has two pigs on it and it says "makin' bacon" (you can imagine what the pigs are doing). A friend gave it to me 15-20 years ago as a joke and it has just hung around.

Most of my new glasses say...Welches Grape Jelly.. on them. The label is worn off of the older ones....

Strangely enough, I prefer old jelly jars, too. I remove the labels before I use them for bourbon, though...using them with the labels is tacky.

Having said that, I've used anything that would hold bourbon and was sorta clean - alcohol kills germs! :D

Strangely enough, I prefer old jelly jars, too. I remove the labels before I use them for bourbon, though...using them with the labels is tacky.

Having said that, I've used anything that would hold bourbon and was sorta clean - alcohol kills germs! :D

Wife asked me the other day if I was going to wash the glass I used last night...I replied its 141 PROOF!! William T. Stagg 08

Edited by steel1212

A 32oz "plastic" mug with a sippy cup lid, so when I drop it or fall down, I don't spill it or break it!!!!!

Its usually filled with Wild Turkey 101, some ice and soda.

I've decided to call the drink,.........................A big brown dog!!!!

the germans and brits already know it by name and so do a few bartenders and barmaids in Europe/UK.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

A 32oz "plastic" mug with a sippy cup lid, so when I drop it or fall down, I don't spill it or break it!!!!!

Its usually filled with Wild Turkey 101, some ice and soda.

I've decided to call the drink,.........................A big brown dog!!!!

the germans and brits already know it by name and so do a few bartenders and barmaids in Europe/UK.

Trapr

They have 101 in Europe!?!?! Do the Scotts give you dirty looks lol.