Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STEELERS!

Micah

At one point they said... "If the Cards come back from this 10 point spread it will be the largest come back in Super bowl history".

Wow..... in 43 years???? That confirms how boring most of the stupor bowls have been.

A big cheer for both teams who clearly left it out on the field :cheers:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously not since they didn't even review the play.

Obviously...

The play was reviewed and the call was a fumble from the officials in the review box. Information was passed to the refs on the field.

Warner’s final fumble was reviewed in the booth. The announcers noted the review during the game, and the league put out a statement afterwards confirming it. Warner didn’t have control of the ball when his arm started moving forward, which makes it a fumble:

According to NFL VP of Officiating Mike Pereira, the replay official upstairs did see the play clearly.

“We confirmed it was a fumble,” said Pereira. “The replay assistant in the replay booth saw it was clearly a fumble. The ball got knocked loose and was rolling in his hand before it started forward. He has to have total control.”

I’m not sure how the “no-review” meme got started, as Al Michaels reported that the review had taken place before the Steelers came to the line and upheld the call on the field. The rule is that the QB has to have total control of the ball after contact for it to be considered a pass and not a fumble, and that obviously wasn’t the case.

Edited by vluc

Obviously not since they didn't even review the play.

Obviously...

The play was reviewed and the call was a fumble from the officials in the review box. Information was passed to the refs on the field.

Warner’s final fumble was reviewed in the booth. The announcers noted the review during the game, and the league put out a statement afterwards confirming it. Warner didn’t have control of the ball when his arm started moving forward, which makes it a fumble:

According to NFL VP of Officiating Mike Pereira, the replay official upstairs did see the play clearly.

“We confirmed it was a fumble,” said Pereira. “The replay assistant in the replay booth saw it was clearly a fumble. The ball got knocked loose and was rolling in his hand before it started forward. He has to have total control.”

I’m not sure how the “no-review” meme got started, as Al Michaels reported that the review had taken place before the Steelers came to the line and upheld the call on the field. The rule is that the QB has to have total control of the ball after contact for it to be considered a pass and not a fumble, and that obviously wasn’t the case.

I heard that also. you could pretty clearly see the ball got hit as the arm went back, it was out of his hand as the hand started forward, and the hit knocked the ball forward.

As for the harrison unsportsmanlike penalty, he shoved the guy, but if you watch teh whole thing, it was just a shove, not a punch. watch teh whole play, his hand is open, shoving him/. I would guess it was a boneheaded reaction to a guy chopping at his knees, at a spot he didnt need to be knee huntin. Stupid play? yes. Deserve a penalty? Yes. out of line to the point of being ejected? no. Hell a Cards player took a full fisted swing at Ike Taylor on the sidelines, no call. Temper is part of the game, and sometimes the intensity gets the best of good judgement.

I'm not interested in football or hockey, but judging from the score of the superbowl - 27 / 24 - it was an exciting game. The same can be said of the Penquins and the Maple Leafs game too - 5 Toronto / 4 Penquins.

Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, they have come full circle. In SB 9, they were "Cinderella"...first time there, no chance given against the mighty Vikings and the Steelers destroyed them. Then they won it all 5 more times.

FF to today, and they are the dominant franchise in professional football - the team that (despite the Steeler Nation being everywhere) some people have the overwhelming need to hate and find fault with.

Come summer here in Latrobe, the cars and people will be lined up for miles at training camp. Latrobe - the heart/start of the Steeler Nation.

I can live with that!

Edited by vluc

I’m not sure how the “no-review” meme got started, as Al Michaels reported

See Here

Go to the "Steelers 27, Cardinals 23" video. Go to the 7:34 mark. "...there is no challenge, there is no replay, there a knee..."

That's the way it was broadcasted.

It is still .................. 1 less than 6 :rolleyes:

Terry has 4 and now Ben has 2...Ben won't be playing long enough to get #3 much less #4. sorry but he doesn't impress me at all...great receivers make him look better than he might really be. we wouldn't be talking about him at all except for the circus catch with 35 sec to go... ;)

Terry has 4 and now Ben has 2...Ben won't be playing long enough to get #3 much less #4. sorry but he doesn't impress me at all...great receivers make him look better than he might really be. we wouldn't be talking about him at all except for the circus catch with 35 sec to go... ;)

Another Dallas Cryboy fan.

Not Quite...what do you have if you have 47 millionaires watching the Super Bowl...the Dallas Cowboys...Only thing Ben has going for him is he is big and strong and dumb. what are his down sides; he is big and strong and dumb....

Not Quite...what do you have if you have 47 millionaires watching the Super Bowl...the Dallas Cowboys...Only thing Ben has going for him is he is big and strong and dumb. what are his down sides; he is big and strong and dumb....

I agree, Dallas Cryboys have been watching a lot of Superbowls lately. And Big Ben has been playing in them.

Damn, are you channeling Hollywood Henderson (just got out of jail recently, right?)?

Next you'll say he' s so stupid he could not spell cat if you spotted him the C and the A (same thing Dallas said about Bradshaw....)

Terry has 4 and now Ben has 2...Ben won't be playing long enough to get #3 much less #4. sorry but he doesn't impress me at all...great receivers make him look better than he might really be.

Only thing Ben has going for him is he is big and strong and dumb. what are his down sides; he is big and strong and dumb....

1233685970295.jpg

:rolleyes:

Pretty amusing statement tl.

Terry has 4 and now Ben has 2...Ben won't be playing long enough to get #3 much less #4. sorry but he doesn't impress me at all...great receivers make him look better than he might really be.

Only thing Ben has going for him is he is big and strong and dumb. what are his down sides; he is big and strong and dumb....

1233685970295.jpg

:rolleyes:

Pretty amusing statement tl.

Rin Tin Tin in your photo seems to think it is pretty funny also. I take nothing away from his physical attributes, he is big and strong, but let's face reality, he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Never played pro football so don't know if that is what it takes or not...I just compare his interviews with those of winning Qbacks before him like Montana, Young, Staubach and he doesn't come across as very smart. Just my opinion...however, his team did win it and good for them....

We can't talk about anything political, so I have to examine the pros and cons where I can, these days. :P