Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

m&p photos

mhop

Wow! Glad to see your fingers all seem to be in the right place. :surprise:

Clearly that was a case of severe overpressure....not just a little bit hot. Couple of questions. What sort of factory ammo was it? Is there any, any, any chance that you had a squib load or other barrel obstruction prior to that shot? 9mm or .40?

Wow! Glad you're ok. Are you able to fix the pistol? I think I would toss the rest of that box of ammo. Just a thought.

The manufacturer will DEFINITELY want any remaining ammo out of that box, or the rest of the lot. They will probably send you some free ammo or coupons too :cheers:

+1 to what kind of ammo was that?

I would send that barrel to HP White Laboratory. They can analyze the barrel to ensure that the barrel was correctly made (hardness, alloy, etc.)

Their lab report will be a good start towards getting the ammo company to buy you a new gun. Seen it happen.

The manufacturer will DEFINITELY want any remaining ammo out of that box, or the rest of the lot.

True!

They will probably send you some free ammo or coupons too.

I wounder if they will also offer to replace the pistol. That would be nice of them.

I took my new M&P Pro 9 to the range for the first time today. I had many FTFs and some FTEs so I was checking it after every shot. It failed to go completely into battery twice.

I'm not freaking out til I get another hundred rounds through it, checking every one. I had the most trouble with Remington UMC 115gr FMJ which are shorter than the other factory ammo I tried.

R.C.

Edited by fiddler

I took my new M&P Pro 9 to the range for the first time today. I had many FTFs and some FTEs so I was checking it after every shot. It failed to go completely into battery twice.

I'm not freaking out til I get another hundred rounds through it, checking every one. I had the most trouble with Remington UMC 115gr FMJ which are shorter than the other factory ammo I tried.

R.C.

You might have issues. My PRO eats anything I throw at it including UMC. Only one failure of any kind in the last 3 months and that was with a reload.

Were they factory Reloaded or Remanufactured?

Two possible causes I can think of here:

1) case was loaded too many time & weak or horribly defective from factory or

2) Out of battery discharge.

Calling Jack Suber: didn't your gun have problems with out-of-battery discharge? This could be a design flaw.

R.C.

You might have issues. My PRO eats anything I throw at it including UMC. Only one failure of any kind in the last 3 months and that was with a reload.

Are you using a lighter recoil spring? I was going to try a 13 pounder but thought better of it and am going back to stock. I noticed that during dry fire, if I didn't let the slide fly, it would stay out of battery.

Need to see the barrel for more conjecture. Just because there are 2 holes in the target doesn't mean that they didn't get there around the same time. I've seen a lodged bullet travel with the one shot behind it to the target. Probably not likely though. Most likely what Carlos said without further details.

PS - Glad you're OK.

Edited by reneet

• 3 weeks later...