Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer tube rack ideas

I thought of attaching velcro to the wall beside the loader then just sandwiching the tubes in and pulling loose for a new tube. I settled for now on a cut off water bottle screwed to the bench beside the loader. It works if you don't try to yank one out as fast as you can.

I read somewhere that one guy just lays them down under the strong mount but thought that was not a good idea because the primers might turn or roll inside the tube. Thought I read that here too.

I am keeping my eyes open for something like a fishing rod holder of sorts. You know, the kind with rubber slots that could be screwed to the wall or bench.

Let me know what you come up with as I am always looking for a better mouse trap.

...I read somewhere that one guy just lays them down under the strong mount but thought that was not a good idea because the primers might turn or roll inside the tube. Thought I read that here too...

I think the tolerances in the pick up tubes keep the primers from turning around inside.

I store empty tubes in an old 5K primer sleeve. I generally load tubes right before a session and just lay them out next to the press (haven't had an upside down primer except for hiccups from the primer feed). On occasion, left over loaded tubes go into another sleeve and into secure storage away from the kids until the next loading session.