Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chrome (Google's browser)

Flexmoney

I am running Chrome (I've been trying our FoxFire too).

When I click on a user's name here, I get a drop down menu. On the menu is an option to "see members posts". If I click on that in Chrome, I get an hit by the forum saying that the forum only allows a search for X amount of seconds and that I've exceeded the flood control.

I don't get that with IE.

Thoughts?

I updated to the latest version of Chrome, still the same. (1.0.154.43)

When I click on a user's name here, I get a drop down menu. On the menu is an option to "see members posts". If I click on that in Chrome, I get an hit by the forum saying that the forum only allows a search for X amount of seconds and that I've exceeded the flood control.

Thoughts?

Google's Chrome is a beta version which as you probably know means they/its being tested to identify and get the bugs out. That said I tried Chrome and ran into a number of issues with error messages that were somewhat cryptic. Gave up and went back to Foxfire.

Personally I will be staying with Foxfire, the functionality is where "I" think it should be so I can find the feature I want easily.

Thoughts?

I've been running Chrome for awhile.

I just tried what you described and did not get the flood control message. It worked just fine. However, I have gotten that before, even though I did not think I searched for anything in the previous 20 seconds so I figured the forum software did a search as a result of my browsing without me being aware of it.

Flex, I gave Chrome an honest try, but found that FF is simply a superior browser...especially after running into weird things like the one you just described. The problem that you are encountering on the forums may simply be a flash plugin conflict.

• 5 months later...

Been running Chrome since it came out. Have definitely seen a few issues with the way certain fancy javascript controls work (or don't). For example trying to edit a search on Midway's site usually doesn't work.

But the "find member's posts" widget seems to work just fine...

I currently have AOL, Firefox and Chrome. AOL because all of my business e mails for years have been to my AOL account. I like Firefox and Chrome better overall with Firefox probably edging out Chrome due to the superior and more intuitive overall user interface When using multiple windows (6 or more) Firefox is good but I have more instability with multiple window open with Firefox than with Chrome.

I do not have the problem Flex describes with Chrome. :mellow:

I just switched to chrome from FF about 2 weeks ago. So far very happy as it runs a lot faster on my machine than either FF or IE. I have not had any problems on the forums with it.

Have had problems with a search on midways site going back to page 1 every time.

• 4 months later...

**threads merged**

New machine, high-speed internet connection, and Google chrome and let's just say that my internet experience is alot faster than it was in the past. there is no deay whatsoever clicking around. Almost a think it and it is done approach to the internet.

New machine, high-speed internet connection, and Google chrome and let's just say that my internet experience is alot faster than it was in the past. there is no deay whatsoever clicking around. Almost a think it and it is done approach to the internet.

which we could get high speed...stuck with satellite for now and it's not like hughes is great or anything but i guess better than nothing......boy i really miss my fios......miss that click and i'm there......feel like i went back in time......slow really sucks....

It is great. Especially since I figured out the "Omni" bar. I do sort of miss an "old school" favorite list that I can just point at and click. I seem to be rather inefficient with it still.

Any tips from seasoned Chromoids would be appreciated.

Jim

How much would it cost to plate a 1911 with Google chrome?

Heh..Nice! :roflol:

I too have been using Chrome since it came out. The ONLY reason i occasionally go back to IE or FF is a couple of my work apps don't work too well in Chrome.

Chrome opens so fast it has spoiled me. Now when I click on FireFox, the wait for it to actually open is almost unbearable.

:mellow: my brain slowed to a crawl on this post. = I thought you got a new browser and after you loaded it you Googled Chrome and got results for Chrome real fast.

:unsure: The Browser is called Google Chrome ? I understand now :wacko:

You got it now J! I started using GChrome a week ago and it is amazingly fast. It's quickly become my preferred browser but I need to get flash working properly. IE still works better with the Outlook Enterprise through work. I'll wait to mess with that until after I get W7 loaded to my new laptop next week.