Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many local USPSA club matches do you plan

• 3 weeks later...

I am guessing this year will be much like the last four, roughly 45+ local matches this year. The last two years I shot 47 to 48 matches each year. Then again I am the mach director of a club that meets every Friday night (this will be my fifth year as MD and had a year before there where I was acting MD since the elected one never showed up). :roflol:

Joe W.

Edited by joecichlid

We run 24 Indoor matches (OK, not official, but they follow the rules) 11 Outdoor, local club #1 runs 12 outdoor, two other local clubs run about 9.

I never should have added all this up, Now I know why I am tired.

Also I have to add in PPC, Steel and Jr. Smallbore.

Jim

I'm afraid this shitty economy will affect match participation more than normal this year. I mean if you add up what it takes in gas, match fees, and ammo a club match can cost you anywhere from $10 - $50 depending on how far away it is, or how much the match fee is.

Add that up over 40 - 50 club matches a year.

I am cutting back this year. And I'm afraid it doesn't stop with just club matches. I'll probably only go to 5 - 6 majors this year, instead of the 8 - 10 I'd like to go to. Nationals in Vegas in a must, and working backwards from that I'll only go to 2-3 states, and 2 Area matches.

Between 3gun and pistol matches, our local club will have 13 matches this season. I plan on attending all of those as well as a few long range practical rifle matches. With a kid on the way, it will depend on how the wife is feeling. There are some other clubs withing a couple hours driving distance that I might try to make a match or two, but 1 match pretty much takes up the whole weekend that way.

probably 22-+ matches for this calendar year if I am lucky,..but 3 or maybe 4 of those are probably level 3 with 300+rds,..and our level 2 matches in the atlantic provinces average 8 stages,..with approx 120- 140rds. Plus a steel match and I think probably a couple of IDPA'ish matches.

There are no indoor IPSC matches in my province during the long winter months,..so I travel to NS 2.5hrs to shoot indoors.

Next year I hope to attend the Florida OPen...and make a family trip out of it.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

• 1 month later...

I put 11-20.

My "local" club (40 miles away) shoots USPSA one Saturday per month, February through November.

Another club (about 60 miles away) shoots USPSA one Saturday per month.

I work every other Saturday, so I can make one or the other of those, but not both.

I'm also trying to make one more USPSA match somewhere (anywhere) per month.

My club also has another match, not affiliated with USPSA or IDPA, one Sunday per month, which I can usually make.

I also hope to make it to the Area 4 match.

That's about all the ammo, gas, and time I can afford.

Edited by mgood

In the San Antonio area we can shoot 4 USPSA matches per month and 2 steel challenge matches. We also go up to Waco and shoot their match - it is a 2.5 hour drive but a great match to shoot.