Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi gun Nationals in Las Vegas?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first 2 squads are being given the choice to reshoot stage 1. That is righteous.

There is hope yet, for USPSA shooting, glad to see it.

And the reason for the reshoot ??? For future reference .

Not that it really matters , it seems it was the right thing to do.

May the reshoot gods be good to everyone involved.

The arbitration process does in fact work!

It may not be a perfect solution for ALL involved but for the shooters who shot the stage before the resetting of the Larue targets which prompted the arbitration...they have been given the option to reshoot the stage. :)

Thanks to the arbitration committee for their efforts in the decision making process and thanks to the staff/admin for doing a great job.

You know, when I was on here last night I was pretty fired up... Lets leave it at that okay..?

Today turned out to be a pretty damn good day, positive attitutes all around and we all had a good time. I got to go around and apologize to some of the USPSA personnel I had some strong words with, and even laughed through the 2 no shoots I managed to pick up on one rifle/pistol/shotgun stage. Nothing was bringing me down today.

Got one more combo stage in the morning, and wouldnt you know it, I'm up first in the rotation. Again. Thanks Nanci. <_<

Didnt make last years match, but the staff here is doing a pretty damn good job and the efforts of all involved is truly appreciated. Hell, even the food was better today!

Ken

You know, when I was on here last night I was pretty fired up... Lets leave it at that okay..?

Today turned out to be a pretty damn good day, positive attitutes all around and we all had a good time. I got to go around and apologize to some of the USPSA personnel I had some strong words with, and even laughed through the 2 no shoots I managed to pick up on one rifle/pistol/shotgun stage. Nothing was bringing me down today.

Got one more combo stage in the morning, and wouldnt you know it, I'm up first in the rotation. Again. Thanks Nanci. <_<

Didnt make last years match, but the staff here is doing a pretty damn good job and the efforts of all involved is truly appreciated. Hell, even the food was better today!

Ken

Glad to hear that !! :cheers:

It turned out to be a great day for shooting! The stats team is having a great time -- we laugh together so much our sides hurt when we leave each day.

We put a sign on the door to stats so that all the shooters and staff would drop in and feel welcome :lol:

post-5346-1256444388_thumb.jpg

As Miss Kitty would say

Woo Hoo!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 USPSA Multigun Nationals Statistician

Ken

Well, that's what the Team Captain is for! Thanks Capt. Ken!

It's a tough job but somebody had to do it. (11 shooters 12 stages)

The first 2 squads are being given the choice to reshoot stage 1. That is righteous.

Actually, the first 2 squads plus 5 shooters in the third squad were offered the option to re-shoot Stage 1. I sorted every scoresheet from shooters on Stage 1 for Friday by "time of day" & everyone who shot before the adjustments to the LaRue Targets was offered a re-shoot. Some shooters declined the offer, but every one of those early shooters who accepted will re-shoot the stage in the morning.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Perhaps the last thread we had with regard may have done some good. I commend them for doing the right thing; though I would like to see a rule in place to deal with it and not just the whim of the RO/RM.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Perhaps the last thread we had with regard may have done some good. I commend them for doing the right thing; though I would like to see a rule in place to deal with it and not just the whim of the RO/RM.

JT

The threads here had no influence on the decision at all. The arbitration committee had already met and made a decision Friday afternoon before any posts appeared on the topic. I was actually sorting out the list of shooters who would be offered a re-shoot while the posts were going up yesterday. I did not interrupt the thread yesterday, because the decision of the committee would be posted on the range and all involved shooters were going to be notified Saturday morning. We wanted the factual information to come from Match Administration, and not from an Internet forum.

The person who filed the arbitration got his $100 fee back. We have a process spelled out in the rule book for disputes (yeah, that much maligned rulebook again), and we followed it.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

What I mean is that perhaps, something we discussed here had an effect on the people involved. Unless we poled them all there is no way to tell. I was referring to the Nats where there was also a steel problem. That thread was discussed here some time ago.

I don't think someone should have to put up $100 for what is clearly a calibration/range failure. In both cases an extended delay was caused from recalibration. IMHO if you have to recalibrate you have a reshoot. You shouldn't have to put up another $100 on top of the hundreds you spent to be there.

That's my 2 and I will not respond further....

JT

Edited by JThompson

Final scores are now posted on the USPSA website

Daniel could have skipped his last stage (worth 245 points), took the zero on stage 5, stayed at the hotel & and had a leisurely breakfast, and still won Tactical by over 100 points. Amazing!

Congratulations to all the winners. Great to see everybody & finally put faces to some very familiar names and avatars :rolleyes:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Thanks to all the staff and RO's. Great match, great range, great squad #1! Not so great shooting on my part, but had a lot of fun.

Hope the 3 gun nationals will be back there.

Edited by Trail3

I didn’t shoot the match but I would like to see the scores,, to see how folks I might know did.

I can’t seem to find the scores on the USPSA page.

Can someone post them in a document I can open and give them a look?

Jim M ammo

Daniel could have skipped his last stage (worth 245 points), took the zero on stage 5, stayed at the hotel & and had a leisurely breakfast, and still won Tactical by over 100 points. Amazing!

Yes he is an amazing shooter, great person too. So the Horner factor was about 345 points? :surprise:

Congrats to all!

Great match! The stages were a lot of fun with some really good challenges, it was great to be able to shoot some real long range stages. Of course the location was fantastic(the multi-gun nationals should be there every year). Thanks to the RO's for hepling officiate the match, and Linda you are so appreciated when it comes to stats that it was great to see you and your team given a plaque of recognition.

Also, good job to Mike Voight our president who keep an eye on making sure we had a good match.

It was good to make some new friend being on Squad 6 and you guys better come over to our side of the U.S. in 2010.

Albert Pilkington

Terrific match with great stages. Once again I'm amazed by Daniels speed, he crushed us in Tactical on almost every stage however I got close on 3. Keith had a great match going until his rifle gave up on the long range stages.

Funny how most of the top 10 were Masters. Were are all the Tactical 3-gun GM's?

One of the young guys on our squad asked how old I was and when I told him 45 he said, "wow, you shoot good for 45". I'm not sure that was a compliment. But than again, maybe I won 1st "older guy", anybody in the top 8 over 45?...lol

Congratulations to Henrik on First "A" and a top 15 finish in only his 2nd big 3-gun match, we have to keep an eye on him.

Albert and Jeremy is was great shooting with you guys, maybe we'll get out east next year.

What a bunch of great stages! I worked instead of shooting and after I saw the match on the ground I really wished I was shooting it! Thanks to Sin City Shooters for the stage 10 design. It was challenging to get to run well but the shooters sure had fun with it.

Also thanks to my crew: Bob, John & Scott. Great working with you! :D