Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi gun Nationals in Las Vegas?

How about just limiting the number of entries in a division, say 100. If you want to shoot the match and your division of choice is full, then change to a non full division?????????

Although that is not the ANSWER to the problem its just a band aid, just like your suggestion. If targets were ................................................nevermind the horse is well beaten!!!!!

OOOOOOO!!!! wait if we just make Tactical, Red Dot or 1x optics only, and all other optics are considered OPEN division, then maybe it can generate more participation in the other divisions!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Trapr

Or just allow red dots and other 1x optics in limited and leave tac scope alone.

I think the problem (if it is one) with participation in other divisions is the size of the prize table. It seems that the less participation, the smaller the prize table, and the smaller the prize table, the less participation. Limited is small and open ain't much (if any) better.

Sponsors could change the level of participation pretty easily by specifying which division their generous donations went ot support. Unless they all specified tac optics. HA!

Mike

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a limited number of entries, the sponsors would cross sell everyone in the sport. Big guns for the little gun guys; optics for the iron gals, etc. Imagine the cash flying around to buy a spot you want and all the smoke filled rooms with deals made and broken-like a Calcutta-only with purpose. Charity?

Just to make those statistics a little more accurate: At the Area-6 3guns: in 2006 and 2007, Heavy Metal was denoted as Foriegn, 11 in 07 and 6 in 06, and less than 3 in 08 (which made for no HM Catagory).

Hey, us heavy hitters have to stand up for ourselves!! :)

michael

IMHO it would be a bad idea for the people that produce matches (IMGA or USPSA or ....) to attempt to force shooters to compete in any particular division. If a sponsor wanted to offer something up to encourage a specific division that would be cool.

Just my $.02.

BTW we moved all the stuff from DSRPC over to BRPC today. Stage construction starts tomorrow AM. Weather was mid 80's with a little wind in the afternoon.

See Y'all Soon !!

It might be wise for the HM shooters to decide if they want their own division or if they want to shoot with the other divisions. I only say this because if they want to have their own division, and the jury is still out on whether or not they have the partipation to justify it, the concept of minor and major rifle becomes meaningless. If everyone in open, tact optics, and limited are going to be shooting minor and all of the major power factor rifles are going to heavy metal, what is the point in allowing for major pf rifles in anything other than HM?

Please note that I am not saying that HM should be eliminated. What I am saying is that the sport started with major pf rifles and minor pf rifles shooting in the same division and there has been some effort to segragate the major pf rifles in HM. Is that what we really want? And if we want this do we leave HM alone or do we provide that any rlfle that makes major is part of HM regardless of califber?

Hey, forget about divisions... what about food at the match? Will there be vendors, or do we pack our own munchies?

big 3 gun matches are like marathons-best to just hydrate yourself, starve yourself and then pig out at one of the many steakhouses in vegas.

As A proud member of the Super Size Squad. my ambition for the coming weekend is to shoot well, have fun & not have the manager of the all you can eat buffet tell me "No Sir that's all you can eat . . It's time, you need to leave"

that would be the RIO...

As A proud member of the Super Size Squad. my ambition for the coming weekend is to shoot well, have fun & not have the manager of the all you can eat buffet tell me "No Sir that's all you can eat . . It's time, you need to leave"

LOL :roflol::roflol:

Its my Birthday also so drinking is definitely in order..

Careful Chris......there are some that would like to see you hungover on match day!

Good luck.

Patrick

Just wake me up when its my turn to shoot :cheers:

Just to make those statistics a little more accurate: At the Area-6 3guns: in 2006 and 2007, Heavy Metal was denoted as Foriegn,

Yeah, we could do that then, as there was only the one flavor of HM. Now there's HM_Limited and HM_Tactical.

Its my Birthday also so drinking is definitely in order..

Wow, some friend I am I should have called you or something...... Happy Birthday Chris!

Edited by TMC

We'll have the same food vendor that was at the Pistol Nat's. There will be a 40'x60' tent next to the Stat's House for the food and any vendors.

Hope the weather stays warm so the eye candy doesn't need any extra wrapping.

what happens in vegas will be on this forum the next day. :D